Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: any advice for a new american driver  (Read 1128 times)

• Liked: 0
any advice for a new american driver
« on: November 27, 2003, 08:01:06 PM »
hey all

i was just reading up on how to get my permit.. and passing all this tests i am totally overwhlemed i have never drove a car be4  can anyone give me some good advice on books or cds i need or any encouragement about driving? i am soo neverous..thanks

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
Re: any advice for a new american driver
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 08:58:38 PM »
I'm assuming you mean UK license ......  

My Scottish husband has only just recently passed his drivers test as he never really felt the need to drive before. He went through BSM and they have books to buy that really prepare you well if you're willing to take the time.  

You can also buy a cd-rom from them that gives you a mock theory tests so you won't be so nervous and find out what you need brushing up on. There is also one for the hazard perception test too (boy, do I do terrible on that!).  [smiley=disappointed.gif]

It'll be my turn in the new year and I am definitely not looking forward to it after 15+ years US driving and 3 years UK taxi rides.  ::)

• Liked: 0
Re: any advice for a new american driver
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 10:33:12 PM »
;D hello

thanks..yes i want to get a UK one.. i just never drove a car be4 so this will be a challenage lol ..anyways thanks a lot for your info ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab