Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Lunch Thread  (Read 58945 times)

Re: The Lunch Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 05:47:03 PM »
um......chicken and a few chips and some mixed veg. 

• Liked: 18
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »
I'm making wraps for lunch. Putting in some chicken strips, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese. Mmmm....

That sounds sooooo good!! Must add to my shopping list ;)

Today for me it will be chicken quesadillas...I only eat poultry as far as meat now...I want to eventually get out of eating that too but so far I know I am not ready! ;)

Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 06:07:14 PM »
Avocado, lettuce and hummous sandwich, Quaker salt&vinegar crunchy thingies and an orange. I seem to be going through a hummous faze right now. I love the stuff. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!
I know I'm late - where's the booze?

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »
Avocado, lettuce and hummous sandwich, Quaker salt&vinegar crunchy thingies and an orange. I seem to be going through a hummous faze right now. I love the stuff. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

How is the Avocado and hummous together.  Sounds really good!

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »

If you like them separately then it's gorgeous!

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »

If you like them separately then it's gorgeous!

Sold ;D

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 06:25:37 PM »

If you like hummous, Tesco has a carmelized onion hummous that is devastating. Might just be me, though. I get on weird food kicks. One Summer it was salami and canteloupe. This Winter it seems to be hummous. Go figure.

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 06:27:34 PM »
OK, now I have to go to Tesco!

I used to do Salami and pepper, so good!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »

If you like hummous, Tesco has a carmelized onion hummous that is devastating. Might just be me, though. I get on weird food kicks. One Summer it was salami and canteloupe. This Winter it seems to be hummous. Go figure.

I haven't tried that hummous! Sounds delish!! I just bought some sundried tomato and basil hummous today. Unfortuanately, I'm supposed to be saving it for drinks with friends on Friday evening. Supposed to be, I say. We'll see how tonight goes. ;)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2006, 08:01:09 PM »

Definitely worth trying, Stacey!

belindaloo - let 'em eat cake ;D

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »
Red pepper hummous with a bit of cress sandwich with tomato basil soup.  I love hummous as well and next time at Tesco's I'm getting the caramelized onion. 
And I really like watercress added to sandwiches-gives them a peppery zing.

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 08:53:29 PM »
Lunch today was a bottle of powerade and some cheese-it's
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 08:19:22 AM »
Yesterday: our cafeteria now has hummous but all their sandwiches are are massive doorstop slices of bread. I had it with granary, tomatoes and cuke but the hummous to bread ratio was way too low. I really ought to just make my own but have been far too lazy lately.

I do quite like store-bought hummous anyway, but back in the US, I was well-known for my Lebanese-style hummous. The recipe I have does not have tahini in it, so it's much lighter and lower in fat. Loads of garlic, lemon, and paprika. Yum!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 08:26:25 AM »

Wow, balmerhon! I've been wanting to make my own hummous for a while - can i have the recipe? Sounds yummy!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 08:33:37 AM »
Well, I have to say that the cookbook with the recipe is back in the US. Will ask Mom if she can find it easily.

However, it's pretty simple, and I rarely stick exactly to a recipe anyway. It was basically one can of chickpeas, a tad of oil to lubricate (I use vegetable but olive is fine), 2 cloves of crushed garlic and the juice of one lemon. Garnish with paprika. I think I added some salt as well and often a bit of chili pepper. The trouble with hummous is that when you first make it, the flavors have not absorbed yet and it can taste very weak. Ideally you should whip it up, maybe with less then what I have suggested above, let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours or even overnight, and then check for taste. Back in the US I'd use a mini food processor but here I only have one of those hand blenders.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab