Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi Everybody!!!!  (Read 2014 times)

• Lovin life with my Hubby.........
  • Liked: 0
Hi Everybody!!!!
« on: August 29, 2002, 12:19:30 AM »
[smiley=curtain.gif]From behind the lurking curtain I come... Wow, this is a great community here!!! :)

Hi from Edinburgh. My name is Becca and I'm married to a scotsman. I'm 25, he's 24. I'll probably refer to him as hubby or DH or sometimes by his name. Not sure just yet :)

Anyways... Moved here 2 weeks after our wedding in March 2001.. and I've been here ever since. Except for 2 vacations back to the states.  It was a rough year but I like to hope this will be a much better year for me!

I'm the oldest of 3. My parents have been happily married for 28 years come end of Sept. They are coming over to celebrate their 28th with us!! So I'm really excited! I have 1 younger sister,1 young brother(the baby).

I love getting to meet new people and belong to a few online communities! I've met quite a few online friends in person over the last 3 years and it's been a real treat. Actually my Hubby and I met online as well [smiley=love.gif]. I'm also an avid crafts person. I love to scrapbook/memory albums, it's my new passion/hobby/addiction! I love to read, travel, music and that's pretty much it.. Everything else, you'll learn in time from me.. :)

I guess that's it.. Ooh except for a Hello to Ell and Carrie_in_Scotland.. I knew them from another board and am friends with Carrie IRL!!! HEY THERE GIRLS!!!!
Becca and Andrew
USA meets UK
Formed a perfect Union 2001.....

• AZ > Scotland > AZ *together at last!*
Re: Hi Everybody!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 12:22:57 AM »
Hi Backatcha!!!

Welcome Aboard Becca!!!

x
Carrie
Life is not a dress rehearsal, find your spotlight and don't be upstaged!

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 12:26:22 AM »
;D ;) :) ;D
Becca and Andrew
USA meets UK

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 12:43:28 AM »
welcome becca to the family....glad you found us.  we def have a great bunch here.  im a newlywed also (june 2001) and have only lived here since last oct.  i def love it, but miss my parents sooo much.  this site has def been a life saver for me....gets me through those homesick moments.  again, welcome and please keep postin.  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
    • Our Site
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 12:49:41 AM »
[smiley=sunny.gif]  Heya Becca!

Glad you came on the board.  It's a really nice place to be.

:)
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 08:50:32 AM »
Glad you came on the board.  It's a really nice place to be.

You're right, it's a great community.

I was telling one of the gals earlier, it's become a survival guide for me!!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 12:35:37 PM »
Hi Becca!  (From the other Rebecca!)

Goodness we have a lot in common!

I married a Scottish man who has spent a lot of time in Edinburgh at school but was originally from Aberdeen.  And you and I were married right about the same time!  And we met online too! I came over in March 2001 and we were married two weeks later on 2nd April.  

I've only been home once but we are planning on going back for Thanksgiving so I'm *REALLY* looking forward to that.

Plus I'm just getting into scrapbooking and all that good stuff.  (Thanks to my new guru Carrie!)

Anyway, great to have you and good to know that Edinburgh is such a happenin' place.  Now all I have to do is convince the hubby that he can stand the cold and wind again!

Great to have you here and hope you'll keep posting!

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 01:45:33 PM »

Hi Becca,

Welcome to the club my dear. As you'll soon see this is an amazing group of people who will always help no matter how obscure a request or offbeat a question.
So please keep postin', we've always got room for another Yank. (I have some conservative neighbours who might beg to differ but we generally ignore them  ;D)

Welcome Aboard,
Red
You're a daisy if you do........

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 03:51:50 PM »
Hi Becca,

Welcome to the sight...  you sound high spirited and full of life...  that is a good thing...  

I will be moving semi close to you on the other side of the border in Northumberland...  it sure is beautiful country eh?

There are lots of lovely people in this community as I am sure you can gather from posts...

Enjoy and again welcome
michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 07:06:56 PM »
WOW, it's great to meet so many new people!! :)Well I've been having fun just lurking and reading posts. I am so excited though to be able to post now amongst those of you on the boards..

Hi Wishstar!!!! It's great to meet another lady with a fab first name  8) ;D. My hubby and I were married Feb. 2001. We were married in the states though.. I used to live in Pittsburgh.. How romantic is it to have a honeymoon in Pittsburgh??? NOT VERY!! Although I'm enjoying living here in a mystical yet romantic country!

Well I guess it's time for me to go surf the site... I'm really enjoying myself and LOVE meeting all you new folks!!
Becca and Andrew
USA meets UK

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab