Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: allegra  (Read 740 times)

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
allegra
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:53 PM »
anybody seen this in the uk?

it's the only thing that works for my cat allergies without nasty side effects.
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

Re: allegra
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Nope...

It is not here that I know of... basically something about the possibility of side effects on the heart.. or so I was told by my chemist (who could be wrong.)

Your choices here are the crappy Claritin (which does not work for me at all), Zyrtec/ Priteze (Ceterizine) and the old stand by Benadryl.  The spellings are a bit different.  All of these meds are available over the counter.

I am not sure what if any meds might be available through your doctor.  I just tend to stick with Zyrtec which for me works as well as Allegra did.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:57:43 AM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:55:02 AM »
Sorry take that back.. it's called Telfast here... and you seem to be able to get it online... though I don't know if the sites are dodgy or not. 

Also it is available via a scrip from your GP.

This is a useful site: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/hayfeverRx.htm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:58:29 AM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• taking over birmingham one by one...
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »
thanks! you rock!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] 

my future cats thank you ;D
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
VNP - you totally rock! OMG - I have been so miserable. Allegra is the only thing that works for me and I thought I was doomed to not getting a full nights sleep forever. Zyrtec stopped working for me years ago, Clarityn never worked for me and the once a day Benedryl will give me about 6 hours sleep if I'm lucky.

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Stop waiting. Start doing.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »
Aw thanks!  I don't know how easy it is to get... but I will be trying to find out one day soon.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab