Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ethnic Food Shop finds  (Read 49937 times)

Re: mexican supplies in london
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »
Hmmm, might have to send Rich out for some stuff, if we can't live in London ::)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 08:23:16 PM »
Thanks!!!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 08:25:22 PM »
Yes thanku! Bookmarked that one! :)
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• Liked: 4
Re: Ethnic Food Shop finds
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 08:36:49 PM »
Oh gosh yes thank you soooo much for this one.  DH is already planning a trip - thank goodness we live somewhat close to there!  I was thinking Edinburgh was my only hope for canned black beans.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »
I've seen the sri racha hot sauce in a little thai grocery store across the street from the Earl's Court Tube Station in London. It's a very cheap-for-England store over all.

Another good ethnic food source is the area near the Shepard's Bush Tube Station. Tons' of chinese and ME-sourced food at rock-bottom prices.

For edible Mexican Food, The Taqueria near Portobello Road was better than you'd think.

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 09:59:53 AM »
Went for a walk yesterday, hoping to get a library card.  Well the library is closed on wednesdays but OMG I found a little Polish market!  Wheee!  Pieogi and Kielbasa for dinner tonight! 

It's in Stoke, Coventry, at the corner of Walsgrave Rd and Kingsway.
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 10:22:51 AM »
Went for a walk yesterday, hoping to get a library card. Well the library is closed on wednesdays but OMG I found a little Polish market! Wheee! Pieogi and Kielbasa for dinner tonight!

It's in Stoke, Coventry, at the corner of Walsgrave Rd and Kingsway.
I have lived here over 5 years and thats right in my neighborhood and i have never noticed it before!

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »
It's fairly new from what my FIL said... it's right across from the Library.  I gather the shop has had various occupants over the years including an Indian market and an adult shop!
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »
It's fairly new from what my FIL said... it's right across from the Library.  I gather the shop has had various occupants over the years including an Indian market and an adult shop!
oh the adult shop! why didnt you say so!  [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »
For Italian:
----------------------------

OMG, this was just forwarded on by an italian in my office and i can not WAIT to order from them!!!!!!  Food imported from italy. 3.90 delivery in london....and 6.00 outside london (i think not to everywhere)

the quality is supposed to be amazing.

i am ordering from there next week!  click on shopping and DROOL

https://www.portobellofood.com/

• MA to UK 2002
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 10:24:44 PM »
thanks for the info guys :)

Hungry already

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »
Another note: Does anyone know where I can get REAL dill pickles? (Like Claussen.) I have purchased about ten jars of pickles since I moved here, and even if the package says "dill," they always seem to be sweet. Anyone who can help me with this has my undying gratitude.  :)

OMG, I just spent my lunch hour wandering through Waitrose going Why can't I find any $@!& pickles!!!!  ;D

Isnt' funny how you don't really realize you miss something until it's about 3-4pm, you're at work and you're like I need XXXX NOW!!!!  I did that with Nibs recenlty - couldn't even find cherry licorice let alone Nibs!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:03:47 PM by usuk2004 »

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »
i just happened on El Azteca, a little hole in the wall between the Elephant and Castle tube and the volvo dealer on new kent rd.  i bought a few sauces and tortillas, and they were very good. the owner is mexican and very gracious.  prices seem better than lupe  pintos, but they don't have as large a range of products. they deliver to zones 1 and 2 in london.  they also cook and deliver various meals on fridays, also cater parties.  website: www.elazteca.co.uk

Sadly El Azteca has now closed, although the website at www.elaztecafoods.co.uk is still live.  I don't speak Spanish but the website seems to say that they still have an outlet near Victoria.

The upper floor of Elephant and Castle shopping centre is fantastic for Latino groceries in general, especially Colombian and Ecuadorean, and there are some other shops selling Latin American goods to: one at the Walworth Road end of Elephant Road, round the back of the shopping centre, and another in the little Latino shopping mall across the street from the Walworth Road exit of the shopping centre.

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25:21 AM »
In London, right next to London Bridge station, there is a Lithuanian grocery and deli called Lituanica.  It is the subject of some discussion on this thread on the LondonSE1.co.uk website:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/24237

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 01:03:12 AM »
Taj in brighton is amazing
http://blog.willmcinnes.co.uk/blog/2007/06/brighton_new_ta.html
there's two now, one on Western Road, and the other down by the Old Steine, Taj is an amazing combo of local food, ethnic food and organic stuff, I love it up!

Sponsored Links