Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Married in the US but living in the UK. Visa Question.  (Read 520 times)

• Liked: 0
Married in the US but living in the UK. Visa Question.
« on: March 30, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »
Can anyone help me with this situation?

I moved to the UK in January of 2005 on a missionary worker visa then renewed it in November of 2005 for another year. During that time I met a girl and we dicided to get married. We had planned a visit to the States to meet my family in Feb of 2006 so we thought "what the heck" and got married while we were there. We both got back into the UK (my missionary worker visa is good until November) but I'm looking into what I need to do next. Do I just need to get a Marriage Visa when the visa I have now runs out? and can I apply for that while I'm living in the UK? I've checked the Home Office website and this looks like it but I don't know if I have to be in the States when I apply for it. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:42:52 AM by glasgowguy »

Re: Married in the US but living in the UK. Visa Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 12:06:32 PM »
Hmm, I think you may be able to switch to a spousal visa whilst still in the UK b/c your visa was for longer than 6 months.  BUT, don't quote me on that.

Hopefully Victoria or Garry will be along soon.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:07:06 PM »
think I got it. I know it's lame to comment on your own post but maybe this will help someone else.

I need to apply for a Set(M) form from the IND Home Offfice
newcomer link: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/application_form.html [nonactive]
I can only apply for this after I've lived in the UK for two years but it ultimately grants me indefinate leave to remain which is cool. If my current visa runs out before the two years I need to contact 0870 606 7766 about an extension.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »
think I got it. I know it's lame to comment on your own post but maybe this will help someone else.

I need to apply for a Set(M) form from the IND Home Offfice

No.  You need to fill out an FLR(M) form sometime/anytime between now and when your current visa expires.  On your last entry into the UK and you informed the IO that you have a signficant change of circumstances, the IO would have explained this to you, but he probably forgot to do it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab