Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Living less than a year visa  (Read 560 times)

• Liked: 0
Living less than a year visa
« on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »
OK so i really dont know how to go about this... i want to try and live in london for a year or less, just to see what its like and for adventure. I'll have money saved but ill need to work before i run out of the money. so what type of visa should i look for? move there and live and find a job=____ visa?

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
Re: Living less than a year visa
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
what kind of qualifications do you have?  Are you a recent graduate?  Unfortunately, you can't just pick up and come here-you have to have a reason for a visa to be granted.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:25:50 AM »
To expand on that, you can come for up to six months as a visitor, but visitors cannot work.  If you are a recent grad, within one year of graduation, you can get a 6 month work permit visa.  I forget the proper name for it... A few of my friends did that and temped in offices and stuff while they were here.  They loved it.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:38 AM »
The visa for recent grads is the Bunac visa, otherwise you are going to need an employer to sponser you to work here unless you have a claim to British or Eu citizenship through your parents.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 06:49:20 AM »
i graduated a month ago from high school... so either i get this 6 month thing for recent grads or my other option is sponsor or i marry a chick from there?

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:21:47 AM »
You're not going to find a work permit sponsor with a HS diploma, being a month out of HS.  I think BUNAC is only for college grads, not HS.  I could be wrong though. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »
Yes it's for college grads. Your best plan is probably to come over as a student somehow, either enrol with a uni here or come as an exchange student.  The student visa allows you to work part time here.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:44:26 AM »
You need to look at www.ukvisas.gov.uk for all the options.  Other than student, I can think of TWES (may not be possible with no work experience or qualifications), or a specific visa for volunteering or an internship.

Victoria

Sponsored Links