Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: England CHAMPS!  (Read 2666 times)

England CHAMPS!
« on: November 22, 2003, 08:07:56 PM »
Congrats to the England Rugby team and its supporters!!   [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=hat.gif] [smiley=joker.gif] [smiley=juggle.gif] [smiley=party3.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Fantastic game!  (Had to get up at 2:00 AM to watch it, but definitely well-worth it!)  Will not soon be forgotten. :)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: England CHAMPS!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 09:53:19 PM »
It was the first Rugby game I've ever watched... and absolutely brilliant! What a great game, heart-stopping and down to the wire, the kind of thing you have to LOVE in a championship! :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 12:09:46 AM »
:) I enjoyed it too!  We watched the game at work, which was cool because it went to extra time and up to about 11.30am which took up all the work time.  It went really quick watching it too, so I've got to say that I enjoyed it quite a lot ;)

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 12:48:42 AM »
  WOOOHOOO,wtg England ;D

I have become a rugby fan,since the world cup began(Hubby likes football better).Iam very hooked on the game,and sooo excited to learn that Jonny plays for Newcastle,I will be able to watch play,when we come  home :D

Its going to be held in France the next time,awww you think they would have just gone a bit more in miles and have it in England :'(

ENGLAND
                     2003 RUGBY WORLD CUP  
                              CHAMPS!!!!
  aww we got our own back too against the Wallabies(no offense)since the way they played against Scotland :-*

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 02:03:51 PM »
MMMMM. I wish Jonny Wilkinson was my boyfriend.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 08:35:02 AM »
Thanks so much for your glorious congrats, you dear Americans!

In the Rugby World Cup our English team has been so much hated by the Aussie media.  After so many years of English patronizing attitudes, I'm not surprised.

But the Aussie fans showed so much grace in defeat, it's a lesson in sportsmanship to us all.

A long time ago I watched my nephew play colts (13-15yr) rugby.  His team lost.  As they left the pitch the victorious team lined up on the touchline and applauded their opponents as they came of the pitch. This is common behaviour in rugby.

It's said of soccer that it is a game of gentlemen played by thugs; of rugger that its a game of thugs played by gentlemen.  Of course, neither of these things are strictly true.

It would be lovely were you Americans to play more rugby.  Show us a thing or two!

How do you find the game American Football v Rugby? Likes or dislikes?

Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 07:14:12 PM »
  Thank you Howard for your lovely comment about us yanks :)

I agree that Rugby and Football(Soccer) both need to be encourged here in the States,starting with our children! I was in a book store in Florida,and could not find one book on Rugby :o :(
 You are so right about the Aussie media,ask my hubby about why I turned off the sound during oner of the Ireland's games during the world cup,LOL! :P I agree too about the Aussie fans.

As I said in my above post,I have become a Rugby fan,and I really have never liked American football.Rugby to me is more of a team effort,and just not one person has a chance to make a try :D Plus football in the states takes forrrrrrrrevvvvvvvver and the game drags out too long ::)

• Life is an Adventure
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 09:23:24 PM »
Rhia I have become a rugby fan to and I never was one to care much about sport but baseball and that is only because my brother liked it so.  I have watch every game of the world cup and enjoyed it so much.  I admire the team work and those guys are tough to be out there without any pads of protection like the american football teams.  My fiance laughed at me because I got so mad at the kicker for the American team.  He missed every time.  [smiley=furious3.gif]  lol My finace says since I like it so well he is gonna take me to a live game. :)  I was just wondering today what you guys felt about England winning the world cup.  Looks like its the same as me.  ;D
Be true to yourself.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 09:38:07 PM »
 Hiya Kitty,
Nice to see a fellow Yankee Rugby fan here too :)Your very right about Rugby not having no protection with pads  etc....

I was behind the US in the cup all the way too,esp since their chosen sport is not supported here like baseball or football etc... :(

Well Iam going to a live game once we get settled back in the UK ,and since the  Newcastle Falcons will be a very close team for me to support,then I can see Jonny play too.You cant get more better then that ;D LOL

Sponsored Links