Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Found in London...libby's pumpkin, hershey's syrup  (Read 2478 times)

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
Found in London...libby's pumpkin, hershey's syrup
« on: September 18, 2002, 10:19:36 PM »
since thanksgiving is coming soon, just wanted to share:

selfridge's department store pantry on oxford street sells libby's canned pumpkin for £1.85/can.

they also have hershey's chocolate syrup, don't have the price since it was nowhere to be found.  finally, ice cream sundaes with yummy chocolate!

poor hubby, he doesn't like pumpkin pie and thought he didn't have to endure it this year...

*:)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Found in London...libby's pumpkin, hershey's s
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 01:38:35 PM »
What is it about them not liking pumpkin pie here ? !
I love my pumpkin pie, and surveys in the States will tell you that pumpkin pie essence is an aphrodesiac to men.

Anyway, I must share my pumpkin pie secret for Libby's. Firstly, I use that already made dough, but all you have to do is roll it out and mold it to the pan. Fingerprints give a "I made this from scratch" feel that will impress any mother-in-law, even if she curls her nose at the thought of a pie made from a vegetable.

Follow the can's instructions, but instead of sweetened condensed milk, subtitute double cream (the same amount). Top it with squirty cream.

I swear you will thank me.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links