Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happiness is.....  (Read 303713 times)

• Liked: 223
Re: Happiness is.....
« Reply #4950 on: June 13, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Not heard of IKEA doing workshops before! That sounds interesting! Are they all craft-related? Do they happen often?

They seem to come in spurts. I went to one last week called about table settings (formal v informal, napkin folding and stuff). It wasn't very exciting but we did get a small gift bag at the end. ;)

Yesterday was about keeping your house cosy and eco-friendly (turning down the thermostat but using a throw, for example) so we made draft excluders. It was basically just a pillow (fabric cover with filling directly from a pillow), so I'll be using mine as a pillow I think. ;D

The workshops are all free, but you need to be a member of Ikea Family (basically their loyalty card and gives you discounts on some items and free tea or coffee!) to sign up for the workshops. I work from home, so stuff like this is a good way to spend a cheap day out.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea-family/ikea-family-events/
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4951 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »
It might be worth it for some of those meat balls at lunch.  Horse meat or whatever, those things are good.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4952 on: June 13, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
They seem to come in spurts. I went to one last week called about table settings (formal v informal, napkin folding and stuff). It wasn't very exciting but we did get a small gift bag at the end. ;)

Yesterday was about keeping your house cosy and eco-friendly (turning down the thermostat but using a throw, for example) so we made draft excluders. It was basically just a pillow (fabric cover with filling directly from a pillow), so I'll be using mine as a pillow I think. ;D

The workshops are all free, but you need to be a member of Ikea Family (basically their loyalty card and gives you discounts on some items and free tea or coffee!) to sign up for the workshops. I work from home, so stuff like this is a good way to spend a cheap day out.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea-family/ikea-family-events/

I think I am a member of the "club" but I totally forget my info! haha We went for lunch from work once when a new one opened up near us so those of us who weren't members signed up so we could get food discounts hahaha

That does definitely sound like a great but cost effective way to get out when you work from home :) I cannot imagine there being pedantic people there though! Surely everybody would be there for a bit of light-hearted education?? haha
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #4953 on: June 13, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
It might be worth it for some of those meat balls at lunch.  Horse meat or whatever, those things are good.

I can confirm their veggie balls are delicious, too. And free of horse meat.  ;)

It's not on the menu, but you can get the mash, sauce and lingonberry jam with the veggie balls. So yummy! The on-the-menu veggie option is the veg balls with pilaf. It's OK, but I prefer mash!

If you get there early enough, you can get breakfast. Basically a full English for £1.50 (£2.25 if you go large) for Ikea Family card holders. Plus, free tea!

« Reply #4954 on: June 13, 2017, 02:03:46 PM »
That does definitely sound like a great but cost effective way to get out when you work from home :) I cannot imagine there being pedantic people there though! Surely everybody would be there for a bit of light-hearted education?? haha

DH says the only people who go to stuff like this are weird people.  ::) I'm a bit odd, so that includes me. The pedantic people seemed to be OAPs. My grandma would fit in perfectly with them. Everyone would be wrong about everything. ;D

« Reply #4955 on: June 13, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »
DH says the only people who go to stuff like this are weird people.  ::) I'm a bit odd, so that includes me. The pedantic people seemed to be OAPs. My grandma would fit in perfectly with them. Everyone would be wrong about everything. ;D

For some reason this idea is hilarious to me!
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #4956 on: June 13, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »
I've got a new one for today! (well yesterday and probably today too when I get home!):

I absolutely love that feeling when it stays lighter out longer! When I get home from work, I can sit outside in the sun (pending who's evening dog walk it is) and read a book! It's heavenly!

Yesterday, we had BBQ so my husband was grilling while the dog and I lounged together on the patio furniture and I read. I can only describe the feeling I had at that moment as "perfect harmony".
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4957 on: July 07, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »
Making plans with one of your American friends to go to Nottingham AND get Taco Bell.

I am SO excited. I can taste the nacho cheese!! 😆😁🤗
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4958 on: July 07, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »
Making plans with one of your American friends to go to Nottingham AND get Taco Bell.

LOL.. me too!  Going to Sheffield in a couple of weeks, and I can hardly wait for the Taco Bell!

« Reply #4959 on: July 07, 2017, 07:02:37 PM »

You're just making me envious.... Happy for you....but envious! lol

Although I land in the US at 7PM on Sunday so LET THE TACO BELL COMMENCE! hahah GIVE ME ALL MY BAJA BLASTS!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #4960 on: July 07, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »
LOL.. me too!  Going to Sheffield in a couple of weeks, and I can hardly wait for the Taco Bell!

Yay for Taco Bell! Its so yummy. I totally miss American fast food.

You're just making me envious.... Happy for you....but envious! lol

Although I land in the US at 7PM on Sunday so LET THE TACO BELL COMMENCE! hahah GIVE ME ALL MY BAJA BLASTS!

You'll have an awesome time and will get to have Wendy's. I'm envious!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4961 on: July 07, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
Yay for Taco Bell! Its so yummy. I totally miss American fast food.

I will probably use all the fast food time at Taco Bell and maaayyybbbeee Sonic for the chili cheese tots if I'm feeling cheeky :)
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4962 on: July 07, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »

She wins. Wendy's out-ranks Taco Bell.

« Reply #4963 on: July 07, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
She wins. Wendy's out-ranks Taco Bell.

I have to agree. I miss Wendy's. But in n out burger or chik fil a. *drool*

« Reply #4964 on: July 08, 2017, 06:50:19 PM »
The Taco Bell in Nottingham is awesome! The taco shells were crispy and amazing, and they gave me a stupid amount of cheese. So good.

Also, they have tons of outlets and USB charging places. They rock!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab