Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I couldn't believe my eyes..................  (Read 2600 times)

• Liked: 0
I couldn't believe my eyes..................
« on: September 22, 2002, 02:41:05 PM »
Well, on this fine and sunny morning, my 4 year old son Thomas and I toodled into ASDA in St Austell.  While casually inspecting the goods in the lazy persons refrigerated section (ready meals/snacks), I came to an abrupt and complete  :o!
I took stock of myself, yes I was complete, I was in Cornwall in the UK................My teeth firmly back where they belong I picked up a package and was immediately transported back home - OK, NM, AK, CA, WA...................for there in my hands was a package of corn dogs.....................corn dogs, well I'm blowed (quoting Bob the Builder)!
They are small.  Minis.  No stick.  Red dip stuff.  Look odd.  Yet the label said corn dogs..........I got em.  
I must away........Frenchs Mustard in hand and odd dogs in the oven.  I am really hoping for a surreal experience but alas, the proof is in the eating..................
Yours in corn dogs, Malissa
Ce que diable ne peut, femme le faire!

• Liked: 24
Re: I couldn't believe my eyes..................
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 04:35:38 PM »
lol, god I know that blown away feeling. Soooo? How were they?? :)

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 06:15:07 PM »
WOW! Malissa!  You wished for them and they appeared! :D  How cool is that?

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 08:31:50 PM »
The batter was a little thin...............
THEY WERE DELICIOUS!  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.......buy stock in ASDA folks..........I is buying all their little dogs............
Malissa
Ce que diable ne peut, femme le faire!

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 04:43:59 AM »
If you ever see American flags waving over a display in Sainsbury's or Tesco, BEWARE! :) It will inevitably signal some type of "American-style" food made just down the road from where you live. Inevitably, this food will be nothing like what you get in America, although it will have the mandatory red, white and blue markings on it. Do NOT fall into this trap.... :)

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 08:43:34 PM »
.......buy stock in ASDA folks......

Ya'll know that ASDA belongs to Walmart, don't ya?  Maybe that explains the corn-dogs?
Richard

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 02:03:48 AM »
That is the same way I felt when i found dill pickles I liked...i sampled a few..and finally found some at Safeway and it was their brand....also with V-8 juice.....we get excited over the littlest things..lol..anything to remind us of home
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2002, 07:21:53 AM »
Malissa,

Noticed from your post that you said you were in St. Austell.  My husband's family or at least part of them are in St. Austell.  His grandfather and his uncle is Andrew Turner and his business is insurance.  From what he says he is quite well known so thought you might know the name.  Know the ASDA you spoke of.  Found it interesting when I was there in June that the packaging on a lot of food was exactly the same as Walmarts...I know they are owned by them but still thought it interesting.  

Just a quirky fyi...

Kathy

Sponsored Links