Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Huh?  (Read 14945 times)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
  • Liked: 0
Huh?
« on: September 22, 2002, 07:07:44 PM »
Dial 0800-HELP-SPOUSE when in need (members only)!

• I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
    • Our Site
Re: Huh?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 11:31:21 AM »
Not sure what I think really.

My most pressing question is did she REALLY scrub toilets at the ice rink??  If she did, OMG.  I'd send her a fiver.  Man have I ever become cynical in the last year. :-/
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 12:15:36 PM »
I'd hold on to your fiver Ell.
There's way too many loop holes in that story. The story sounds like she's a Navy or Marine Corp wife (Okinawa is the clue) and too much of what she's saying doesn't add up if you know the military. I believe going back to school would be tough financially on anybody, but at the same time their divorce would be free through legal (on base) she should also qualify for some pretty sweet school loans at low interest through Naval credit unions, and I still don't get the story about her husband moving into another room of the house. Unless of course it's military housing and it's the only way she can stay ....either way it's fairly cheap. So all in all it doesn't make alot of sense short of the 'I'd like to start a new life without any debt' line. Well that's a great idea, but I still think she's scamming. I'm very sympathetic to divorces and starting over etc (walked that road myself) but it's a fact of life.
And to end all that, seems incredibly unfair to her husband. Rumors and gossip get around twice as fast in the military and believe me all his friends will know, their wives will know that his wife has started a website to raise money to leave him, all while this guys off fighting a war. Talk about the abuse this guys going to take when he gets stateside  >:( :o
Meow ....
Red
You're a daisy if you do........

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2002, 02:12:07 PM »
my guess, and perhaps i'm just a cynical poophead, is that it's a very crafty 16 year old somewhere earning cash through and interesting scam.  ::)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 03:26:20 PM »
im lost  i read it but i got totally lost after reading the second line.. LOL

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 03:28:10 PM »
I'm a subscriber to the UK school of Cynicism.  I was wondering what meta tags she had used on her site,    and by seeing them ,  I was just wondering if anyone would get an idea on th eaudience she's (the corporation ..oops!)  is looking to attract.

....Since I'm not that au fait with all that kinda thing....   has anyone looked, (can you tell me how to look?)

Also,  are there not certain sites that allow you to type in a web domain/name  and then it tells you who they are registered to?  

Sorry for being negative ....there are many worthy causes out there;  there are countries with famine problems.  There are people whose children are severely handicapped from birth.... there's one whole heap of things out there that we could help with.....  and maybe Mrs X   feels she's justified (if she is a real person).....the pity is she'll be attracting donations from people who are extremely well meaning , but perhaps whose money could have gone to something a whole lot more worthwhile...like people who have absolutely no choice on their predicament.(war , famine ,  sickness)

I married wrong first off.    It cost me a pretty penny to get out of it too.  Pam did the same of course,  and ..she paid for that too.  so,   double bubble for us, but ...thats life guys . We never asked anyone else to feel sorry for us.

I don't like people who con others
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2002, 03:42:10 PM »
You can do a whois on a domain name and find out who it's registered to, a simple way to do this is go to www.demon.net/external

Here is the whois lookup data:
Registrant:
  Penny Nickel
  P.O. Box 00000
  Beverly Hills, California 90210
  United States

Registered through: WebSytz (http://www.websytz.com)
  Domain Name: HELPMELEAVEMYHUSBAND.COM
     Created on: 15-Aug-02
     Expires on: 15-Aug-03
     Last Updated on: 15-Aug-02

Administrative Contact:
     Nickel, Penny  dollars4penny@attbi.com
     P.O. Box 00000
     United States
     619-555-1234      Fax --
  Technical Contact:
     Nickel, Penny  dollars4penny@attbi.com
     P.O. Box 00000
     United States
     619-555-1234      Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
     DNS1.GIGHOST.COM
     DNS2.GIGHOST.COM

Beverly Hills? ::)

Good grief.

To view meta tags on a page, just click View (Toolbar) Source, and that will bring up a notepad with the page's source code, the meta tags will be at the top. There are no useful meta-tags in her page.

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2002, 03:47:53 PM »
Penny Nickel..   Ha  HAHAHHA

And PO BOx  0000000   I bet that cost a lot to maintain

and ....  I wish I could live in 90210

Well,  no surprise there I guess!  Save your hard earned cash guys , and   if you want to give it away,    there's lots of needy causes  out there!

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2002, 03:56:15 PM »
Well since 619 is a San Diego area code I'm really doubting she's in good ole 90210  ::)

LOL ......

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2002, 04:06:39 PM »
Leah, Thanks for the info on how to check out whois and the meta tags.   I'm feeling all powerful now! (in a nosey kinda way).

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2002, 04:20:09 PM »
I'm so sad........   surely I shouldl have something better to do ..but,   sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet.

Try this....go to Google.com   and then type in the search box
the phone number from the info that Leah provided on Cindy Dollars, Penny Nickel  or whatever her name is

the number was  619-555-1234      

to be honest ,   and if  I remember correctly from 'Last Action Hero' ,   numbers showing 555 are bogus and used in showbiz arent they.  And then of course the following 1234....  well,   didnt show much originality did it?   The San Diego dial code I guess adds about .02% credibility,  but  it's rapidly evaporated.

Its surprising just how often this bogus number is used...count the pages in google!

Too many sharks in the waters these days...........   can't people just be nice?

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2002, 04:22:42 PM »
ok....last one on this   check out

http://www.met4filter.org/comments.mefi/20096

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2002, 04:50:25 PM »
ok....last one on this   check out

http://www.met4filter.org/comments.mefi/20096

wow :o i didnt know there was so many of these sites out there.. thanks for sharing..i shouldnt be surprised the net is  full of lots of werid stuff..

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2002, 05:16:49 PM »
I'm so sad........   surely I shouldl have something better to do ..but,   sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet.

Try this....go to Google.com   and then type in the search box
the phone number from the info that Leah provided on Cindy Dollars, Penny Nickel  or whatever her name is

the number was  619-555-1234      

to be honest ,   and if  I remember correctly from 'Last Action Hero' ,   numbers showing 555 are bogus and used in showbiz arent they.  And then of course the following 1234....  well,   didnt show much originality did it?   The San Diego dial code I guess adds about .02% credibility,  but  it's rapidly evaporated.

Its surprising just how often this bogus number is used...count the pages in google!

Too many sharks in the waters these days...........   can't people just be nice?

Oh WOW!!!!
Thanks Professor Steve and yes I fully understand why I'll be getting an F in 'Attention to Detail' this term  :-[
I just glanced at the area code and didn't even see the 555. You're absolutely right - Hollywood owns that pre-fix.
I'm going to go slink away in shame now .....

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2002, 05:56:28 PM »
I couldn't even waste time reading through too much of this site - but I did have to at least look as I'm a horribly curious person!  But really - who is STUPID enough to send this woman money?

I'm most personally offended at her attitude towards the possibility of having to go on welfare after a divorce.  First off, she wouldn't be the first woman it happened to.  Second of all, her husband would have to pay child support, so she doesn't need a job that completely supports the family.  I had to go on welfare after my youngest was born and I lost my job.  I was in school already, and just signed up full time, took out TONNES of money in student loans and accepted AFDC, food stamps, and gas money to get by.  And we did.  And I was off it within 1-1/2 years and working.  There is NO SHAME in using that system for exactly what it was intended for - a temporary assistance programme.

I could go on (as you probably have figured out!), but I won't.  She'd get more sympathy from me if she went out and begged in the street...yuck.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab