Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Huh?  (Read 13946 times)

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
  • Liked: 0
Re: Huh?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2002, 11:32:10 AM »
Oh WHATEVER!!   ::)  It's a crazy world.  Gotta have those feathers on your back..  Hey whatever turns them up and on..  Glen told me about that site. I glanced at it for a couple of seconds for entertainment purposes and laughed while he was reading the posts out loud then thought too much intimacy if it's even true.  Aaah I can't be bothered with such total Poo-poo. It's in the category of a poo-poo alert and for entertainment purposes only..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2002, 11:37:37 AM by NYState_of_Mind »
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2002, 02:12:33 PM »
I have difficulties wanting to help someone like this.  She can afford DSL and the money to pay for a website and whatever else.  She isn't hurting THAT bad.  Unless her husband is something below an E5, they're probably doing ok.  she's probably in military housing, and if not, they're getting housing allowance, she's getting free medical care, and she has the PX and commissary at her disposal.  She ain't got it too damn bad.  My ex yanked quarters on me and essentially put me in a situation where me and my kids were going to be homeless and you didn't see me putting up a website asking people to send me money so that I wouldn't be on the street.  Maybe I should have.  Maybe that's what I should do now:  "My husband and I are trying to save enough money for a down payment on a house, in the meantime, we live with my in-laws.  Help us move out!"  Right....

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2002, 07:37:13 PM »

Oh WOW!!!!
Thanks Professor Steve and yes I fully understand why I'll be getting an F in 'Attention to Detail' this term  :-[
I just glanced at the area code and didn't even see the 555. You're absolutely right - Hollywood owns that pre-fix.
I'm going to go slink away in shame now .....

The only 555 number I know thats valid is the directory assistance.... I only know this because I used to work for them.

(any area code) 555-1212.

Hollywood doesn't own that one... AT&T does.  ;D

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2002, 09:22:37 PM »

Hollywood doesn't own that one... AT&T does.  ;D

If we are going to be picky, although AT&T created the area code system, currently Lockheed Martin "owns" the numbering system check http://spaceyideas.com/publicity/wsj990226.html, a few paragraphs down the page.

The 555 area code is for information services and there are many numbers issued under it, check http://atcseditor.freeyellow.com/code.htm, especially paragraph six where it says that Hollywood "owns" 555-0100 to 555 0199.  That was news to me - you learn something new every day!   :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2002, 09:23:48 PM by Mr_Val »
Richard

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2002, 01:29:31 AM »
(howls of laughter in Nottingham)

Okay you two ... you got me.  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

And on a side note, you are both banned from ever playing trivial pursuit at my house.  ;D
You're a daisy if you do........

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2002, 03:41:08 AM »
I think shes a smart lady or is it a he....who knows...with an idea to make some money and it looks like its working..guess you can do anything in the good ole usa....too bad that folks will actually send money to her.....why doesnt she go to the local govt for some help or to a support group or something....i was thinking of the 555-1212 thing as well...

funny about the trivial pursuit...ha ha
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab