Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First loss of a friend  (Read 5291 times)

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
First loss of a friend
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
Got home from work to find out that a good friend of mine passed away last week. He had been working in the garden and passed out from heat stroke. By the time he was discovered and taken to the hospital it was too late. He never regained consciousness. His family donated both of his kidneys (his wishes).  I heard via another friend, and talked to his mum this evening. They mailed me a letter, as they didn't know how else to contact me.

I am stunned and weepy. I have been very lucky to have not lost any friends before, and Michael was one of the most wonderful people I had the pleasure of knowing. It's the first time since being here that I feel rather isolated and far away.  :\\\'(
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
  • Liked: 0
Re: First loss of a friend
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »
Oh Courtney I am so sorry  :\\\'( *hugs*

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:54:23 PM »
Gosh Courtney, very sad and upsetting news for you.   :(

It's terrible that he passed away but he did a wonderful thing by helping others. Although, I know that doesn't take away the pain for his friends and family.

Hugs!

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 09:59:41 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss Courtney...it cant be easy being so far away.  Spend some time with your new friends in London, lots of hugs and wine.  Remember the life he had and reminisce about those good times you had together.  Big hugs to you... :-*

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »
I'm so sorry Courtney!  Hugs!

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 10:18:42 PM »
 :\\\'(  Sending tons of hugs to you Courtney, I am so sad for your loss and hope you find some comfort in your memories.  [smiley=hug.gif]
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 10:59:09 PM »
I'm so sorry to read this Courtney!!  I had a friend pass away earlier this year and it was very tough.  Condolences to you...

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss, and that you're so far away from everyone.   [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 11:18:12 PM »
I'm so sorry, Courtney.  Lots of hugs.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:55 PM »
I'm so sorry Courtney.  I've lost quite a few close friends and it's not easy.  My thoughts are with you.  I always try to remember their laughs when I miss them.  It always make me smile.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »
Hugs Courtney! thinking about you.....

• Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 11:50:59 PM »
Oh Courtney, so sorry to hear this sad news, and I know how tough it must be on you being so far away. Stay strong.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 05:08:53 AM »
I'm so very sorry to hear it, Courtney.  *squeezes*

I've just come from the visitation for the father of a good friend from high school - he passed away suddenly whilst at church on Sunday, and though the rest of his family is still local, Lauren's had to travel down here from her home in Michigan by herself, and cope with all the things that have cropped up along the way.  She's not in very good shape at the moment, as I'm sure you might imagine.  And it's definitely made the rest of us painfully aware that our parents are getting older - her father was only 54, though! - and I just keep thinking that we're too young for this cycle to already be starting, too young to be adults helping each other cope with the loss of a parent.

Sorry to run off on a tangent here, but your post just struck a chord with me - first or not, I don't think it ever gets any easier.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 05:13:41 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  [smiley=hug.gif]
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:43 AM »
Hugs to you Courtney.   I  know this must be terribly painful for you.  Remeber the good things, and celebrate Michael's life.  And know that your llfe was so much richer for having had him in your life. 
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

Sponsored Links