Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Authorised UK Rabies Vaccines  (Read 2307 times)

• Liked: 0
Authorised UK Rabies Vaccines
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:58:19 AM »
There are currently 4 authorised rabies vaccines in the UK according to the PETS scheme: Canigen, Nobivac Rabies, Quantum Rabies and Rabisin. Unfortunately, my pet hospital doesnt carry any of those vaccines. They are using Fort Dodge Rabies Vaccine. I called SPCA Vet Clinic and they said that they carry Merial and Imrav 3 tf.

[smiley=help.gif] Where do I get those UK vaccines for my dog? Is it ok to just give her the vaccine from my pet hospital which is Fort Dodge? I believe those different vaccines are manufactured by different manufacturers. Rabies vaccines are basically the same right? right? Will we get in trouble in UK?

Has anybody had any problem with this?

Re: Authorised UK Rabies Vaccines
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 08:19:45 AM »
My cat got "Muriel Purevax" and had no problems entering a year ago.  Maybe you should call PETS (if that's possible).  If not, I would take my dog to the SPCA clinic and get him the Merial and then use them for the remaining tests and paperwork.  My vet told me that it looks good to have the same vet and clinic doing the entire thing.  I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's how I did it.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 04:58:58 AM »
Thanks Kristina, is rabies vaccine for dogs and cats the same? Sorry, I just don't know...  ;D

Anyone who had brought a dog to UK, can you please share about this rabies vaccine thing?

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:01:20 AM »
Thanks Kristina, is rabies vaccine for dogs and cats the same?

I've no idea :)

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 09:38:45 PM »
Hi all,

Called Defra last night and this is their official reply: The authorised UK rabies vaccines posted on PETS Scheme website is only for UK. For those of us in US, we can use ANY approved rabies vaccines. Yippeee.... [smiley=guitarist.gif]

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:36:31 PM »
There are currently 4 authorised rabies vaccines in the UK according to the PETS scheme: Canigen, Nobivac Rabies, Quantum Rabies and Rabisin. Unfortunately, my pet hospital doesnt carry any of those vaccines. They are using Fort Dodge Rabies Vaccine. I called SPCA Vet Clinic and they said that they carry Merial and Imrav 3 tf.

[smiley=help.gif] Where do I get those UK vaccines for my dog? Is it ok to just give her the vaccine from my pet hospital which is Fort Dodge? I believe those different vaccines are manufactured by different manufacturers. Rabies vaccines are basically the same right? right? Will we get in trouble in UK?

Has anybody had any problem with this?

Those are the UK names, but I'm pretty sure Rabisin is called Merial in the USA.  My dog was vaccinated by Merial and I had no problem (in May).

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:14:22 PM »
I've no idea if vaccines for cats are supposed to be different from dog vaccines... but we had to use a dog rabies vaccine on our cat (no other available) and she lived.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab