Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help...need Doritos!  (Read 1650 times)

• Liked: 0
Help...need Doritos!
« on: September 29, 2002, 07:13:55 PM »
Does anyone know of any store in the Greater London area that sells Doritos, or some kind of nacho cheese tortilla chip? Because I would kill for a bag of Doritos right now, and I don't think I can afford importers - given that they're almost $4 a bag in the U.S., here they must be astronomical.
"I know every Slayer comes with an expiration date on the package. I just want mine to be a long time from now...like a Cheeto."

Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Re: Help...need Doritos!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 07:39:20 PM »
Ummm...Joseph, Doritos are *everywhere*!  Even the cool ranch flavor can be found very easily.  

I'd wander down to the newsagents again and take another look.  If they don't have them, try Tescos, etc....they will have them.  No question about it.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 02:37:27 PM »
Hm...that's odd, I haven't been able to find them at Sainsbury's or Iceland. There's an Asda not far away that I haven't been to yet...I'll try there. And I never thought about looking in newsagents...all I've seen there are the little bags of chips (er, crisps).
"I know every Slayer comes with an expiration date on the package. I just want mine to be a long time from now...like a Cheeto."

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 03:29:36 PM »
TESCO's baby...yeah/  ;D

Sainsbury's may have snapple...but Tesco's has loads of good American munchies.

That said, the Sainsbury's near me had new Doritos with a touch of garlic   [smiley=drunk.gif]
oh yeah....garlicy goodness!  :D

(and I live in the Greater London area, close enough to spit on Heathrow)

wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 03:53:08 PM »
If you're looking for big bags of crisps, Joseph, Dorritos is the only one they *do* sell that way here.

You'll find that there aren't big bags of crips/chips in most places.  They just don't sell them that way for some reason.  However, doritos has a 'movie bag' or some such promotion going on where they have what the Brits would consider a 'big bag' of Doritos.  (It'll still seem remarkably small to you, considering the industrial bags you can buy in the US, but it's better than the alternative!)

Good luck!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2002, 05:22:53 PM »
If you're looking for big bags of crisps, Joseph, Dorritos is the only one they *do* sell that way here.

Not strictly true. You can get big bags of of those so called "gourmet" crisps (Kettle Chips and the like) in supermarkets. You can also get "industrial" size bags of plain Doritos in the shops.  ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2002, 05:42:12 PM »
Hm...that's odd, I haven't been able to find them at Sainsbury's or Iceland. There's an Asda not far away that I haven't been to yet...I'll try there. And I never thought about looking in newsagents...all I've seen there are the little bags of chips (er, crisps).

Have you been to the large Sainsbury's on the Richmond Road or to the Waitrose on John Lewis' lower ground floor? You should find Doritos aplenty in either of those shops.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 09:31:25 PM »

Not strictly true. You can get big bags of of those so called "gourmet" crisps (Kettle Chips and the like) in supermarkets. You can also get "industrial" size bags of plain Doritos in the shops.  ;)

Yes, you can get bags bigger than 'individual' bags of those varieties, but I believe Joseph was speaking of the largest bags of Doritos available in the US (he mentioned the $4 ones) and I can guarentee you there aren't any that size in this country.  And if there are, somebody point me in that direction!!!

But point taken.  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2002, 09:34:00 PM by Wishstar »

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2002, 02:07:41 AM »
I havent been able to find the regular flavored doritos..which are my faves..you know the dark red bag..not the orange or the blue...tristan assures me that they are here but i havent seen them..i was going to smuggle some over...but they wouldnt have survived in my suitcase..crunch crunch...all this food is making me hungry ;D
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2002, 02:20:17 PM »
Yeah, I've now found Ranch Doritos several times, but not the Nacho Cheese flavor. Haven't checked at John Lewis Waitrose yet, hope to do that this week. Sainsbury's didn't have any (except for the Dippers), and Iceland just had the Ranch flavor. :P

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2002, 03:16:38 PM »
Success - Doritos found at Waitrose! :D

Thanks, everybody!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab