Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Kettle Corn  (Read 1724 times)

• Liked: 2
Kettle Corn
« on: September 30, 2002, 06:34:06 PM »
I've just been home for a visit and spent most of it eating bags and bags of microwaved popcorn called kettle corn. I'd never heard of it before so don't know the origins but it was a perfect combination of half sweet and half salty and was absolutely wonderful. I only managed to take home a 8 bag box of Orville's but am now kicking myself for not attempting to get to Costco for a bigger supply.

Has anyone else tried this?!!   ;D
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Re: Kettle Corn
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 07:31:58 PM »
This summer at Six Flags I had fresh popped Kettle Corn and it was YUM!! and after that I saw the microwave kind in the store and thought Oh Boy! Gotta try it. But sorry to say...I was disappointed.  :-/ It tasted like someone had accidentally used sugar instead of salt on it..just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong...the kettle corn I had at Six Flags was sweet but not in the same way...hard to explain. ::) My mom loves the stuff...that's about the only kind of microwave popcorn she buys now.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 05:30:13 PM »
I've never had Kettle Corn before,
but whenever i go to the cinema here i buy popcorn and ask for half sweet- half salt, and i agree... the contrast in taste is really gorgeous!  Sometimes they will ask you which flavour you want on the bottom... go for sweet on the bottom, cos alot of the salt from the top layer will trickle down and it just tastes great!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2002, 05:31:22 PM by t-mac »

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 01:00:50 AM »
I love kettle corn....i brought some over here to the UK with me...bought a box of 8....i compare it somewhat to the popcorn at the movie theatres here..they have sweet popcorn!!! just like kettle but sweeter..loved it..wish they had it in the US.....great... :)
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links