Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Slimming World?  (Read 27829 times)

• Proud US/UK citizen & Royal Marine Commando Wife!
  • Liked: 1
Re: Slimming World?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »
Conratulations wvgirl.

I like measuring body weight in stones rather than pounds, because if you gain or lose a stone, it's a significant amount of weight.

Thank you, sweetpeach!  I prefer weighing in stones, as well.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 01:18:49 PM »
I am happy to say that I have now lost over one stone!!  Not only did I lose it and more, I also won Slimmer of the Week last Wednesday.  I have now lost 15 1/2 lbs in less than 2 months, and it's all been healthy, yummy eating.  I went home with my lovely prize...a basket of assorted fruits and am happy to say...it is almost gone!!  Thank you, Slimming World!!!!  ;D

Congrats on your weight loss Im glad someone is having better luck with SW than I did.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  :)

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »
Thanks, shugga!!

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
This is rather old but I thought I'd bring it up as only today I've joined SW. A girl from work goes and she's been doing so well. We're going together to help motivate both of us.

I'm hoping to lose a few stone. Wish me luck!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
Good luck!  I've found SW much easier to follow and stick with than WW, Jenny Craig, or TOPS.  I've just recently got my three stone lost award (in about eleven months of going). 
Maroon Passport Club!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 04:34:11 PM »
Good luck!  I've found SW much easier to follow and stick with than WW, Jenny Craig, or TOPS.  I've just recently got my three stone lost award (in about eleven months of going). 

I am the opposite I find WW easier to follow & stick with than SW. I am only 7 pounds short of my 3 stone marker {in 10 months since joining}. Great job SlicesMissus  ;D  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 12:23:55 PM »
I lost about 2 stone on SW in 2001, but 75% of it has crept back on over 6 years, so I am thinking of going again.  I like to think that I could do it independently, but if I am honest the weigh-in (and paying the weekly money) is a motivator. 

As a man, and as a foody, I wanted a plan where I could feel at home, and mostly SW does that.

I didn't like the ideas of "sins" , which seemed to promote the stupid idea that food is naughty, and I find it a bit preposterous that the plan allows diet sodas but not fruit juice, but other than that, I think it is sound.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
Update.  I started Slimming World in October, and have lost 18 lbs so far.  Probably only want to lose another 7 or so.

I recommend it as a basically sound and non-faddy, non-crash, way of losing some weight.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »
My previous partner joined SW not long after we got together and I followed the plan without joining or attending any meetings.....I'd always struggled with losing weight but reading therough the details of it I felt it was one I could stick with, and I managed to drop from 17.5 stone to 15 stone.

A couple of years ago my weight climbed back up to 16 st, following the break up with my partner and I realised that I needed something else to motivate me, following SW had given me the basics of healthy eating and I had a number of recipies but before I had just stuck between 15 and 15.5 stone and unable to go further.

Last April I joined up with the gym onsite at work and since then dropped from 16 stone to where I am now, just under 14 st. (And that's included 2 trips to the US and having what I wanted!) My diet is basically just healthy eating, lean meat, lots of veg, pasta etc and occasionally if I want it I'll have an Indian etc....though my curry fix seems to be satisfied by a great recipie I have for Thai fish curry.

I'm hoping to get to 13 stone in time for my wedding.

"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
I realize that this thread is a bit dated but I just joined SW today....

For those of you that have posted in this thread (or any one else that has done SW) I have a few questions. 

Are you still doing Slimming World? Has the plan worked for you long term? Also do you stay for the meetings or do you do your own weigh ins at home?

They have a couple offers on at the moment. I decided to sign up for buy 5 weeks get one free. It was the smallest amount of weeks you could get as a package deal. My goal is to lose a stone by June! All tips are greatly appreciated.  :)

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
Hi, there!  I stopped doing it in 2008 when I became pregnant with my 2nd child.  I had lost 56lbs previous to that on SW.  I rejoined back in September last year and have lost over 32lbs, and absolutely love it!  I am a total SW advocate!  ;D  I do go and get weighed in and stay for the meetings.  I really enjoy and look forward to them actually.  The women (and few men) in the group are a great help when you need that extra push to keep your mojo going.  I have made some really good friends there as well, and we help push each other.  I enjoy doing this much more than I ever did WW. I am an old pro at SW, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!  :)

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
Thank you for the reply wvgirl!

Yesterday was my first weigh in and I lost 3lbs!  ;D I am really liking it. It's pretty simple to follow and you can eat pretty much anything. I wish I had started it sooner. I'll hit you up with a few questions I'm sure. I am still having to look in the book every day to figure out what to eat but it's only been a week and I'm sure after next week I'll have it all down.

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
That's wonderful!  Keep up the good work!  Glad you are enjoying it as well. x

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
Been off SW during my two pregnancies but will be going back in May.  I try to stay for meetings when I can as I find it helps me.  I find a good consulatnt can make all the difference - I've had 4 different ones and two are really super supportive and two just didn't care. 
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
Our group consultant is really good. She makes everyone feel welcome and if you have any questions or just need a chat she will speak to you after the meeting. I like her!

I think the meetings are worth staying for. You get to hear stories about the great results and lots of tips and good recipes. I'm going to continue on after my 6 weeks are up.

BTW, Well done on losing 32lbs wvgirl!  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab