Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Flu Jabs  (Read 2254 times)

Flu Jabs
« on: October 05, 2002, 06:41:10 AM »
So, I drop in to my local surgery after work yesterday to make an appointment to get an annual flu shot.  Much to my chagrin, I was told that unless I was over 65, diabetic, or had heart problems, then there was no flu shot available for me from any GP on the NHS scheme.  

So...I give this incredible laugh as the woman begins to say if I want to put my name on a waiting list when I interrupt her and say, "So can you recommend a place where I can get one?"

She told me Boots might have them but they'd charge.  I'm thinking, "DUH, she just told me that the NHS won't pay for me to have a flu shot, so why would going to Boots be any different?"

ANYway...I've checked Boots' website, but didn't see anything so maybe I missed it.  Not sure.  But from what I have found, yes, they have in the past offered flu jabs and probably will this year and they charged about £10.  I will be enquiring at my local Boots very soon.

I also found that the Medicentres ( http://www.medicentre.co.uk/ ) in London also offer them for about £15 and I think you can just walk in.  And if you're like me and the idea of going during regular business hours isn't an option, there's one at Victoria Station that's open on Saturdays and Sundays and one on Oxford Street that is open on Saturdays.  

So, just a tidbit for anyone who might be wanting to get their flu shots and are experiencing the same frustration as I am.  

• Liked: 1
Re: Flu Jabs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 12:06:37 PM »
It's funny you should ask, but I just saw on the news the other night that one of the big supermarkets (ASDA I think) is going to sell them as well.  You pick it up and run it through the till.  I don't know if you have to administer it yourself or not, but it seemed a bit strange that you could just pick up a jab with your lee jeans and pasta sauce.... :P
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab