Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Two things you are happy about today/  (Read 398370 times)

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
Re: Two things you are happy about today/
« Reply #8025 on: September 23, 2014, 03:40:59 AM »
lost 2 lbs last week even though I seriously fell off the  exercise wagon

My friend  from England  who recently moved  to NY finally  gave me her new address
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• Liked: 585
« Reply #8026 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:21 PM »
1.  I'm off work today with a bad cold, so I've decided to have a long hot Lush bath and flick through some magazines.  The Lush bubble bar I am using (Brightside) smells just like the Johnsons chewable baby aspirin my mom gave me as a nipper.  Feeling better already!  ;)

2.  The flat we are moving to in December is having a new kitchen, bathroom and central heating installed this week.  I've not seen it, but my partner was down there today and says the kitchen in particular is really starting to take shape and look good.  He reckons it could be finished by tomorrow!  Can't wait to see it!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #8027 on: October 09, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »
1. Although we won't get paid this week due to being away, we are still in great financial shape. Which is nice.  ;D

2. It is going to be a crockpot weekend. Funny how food from a crockpot makes life feel so cozy.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• azroomie & james
« Reply #8028 on: October 21, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
1. My Whiny 3 year old "finally" went  down  for   a nap..It really is tears and  drama  when  it gets  to  THAT point..

2. My 7 year old  came  home  in  a good mood from  school and is  getting on  with her  homework..so far so  good..

« Reply #8029 on: October 21, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »
1. We passed our inspection with flying colours, as usual. Knowing you are going to and worrying about the 'what ifs' are two different things.

2. Japanese for dinner then Judas Priest tomorrow night, dinner with mom and dad Thursday night.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 585
« Reply #8030 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »
1.  Only 6 weeks till we move house.  Bought a fridge and cooker online today that will be delivered on Tuesday.

On Thursday we had to Sheffield for the Steel City Beer Festival.  Can't wait to be reunited with some of my favourite brews!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8031 on: October 27, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »
I'm happy that I live in the UK!

« Reply #8032 on: October 27, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
1. We got out and about after work today to take some pictures of trees, and to enjoy the last of the warm weather.

2. The purge has started! I haven't gotten far into the summer clothes/winter clothes swap, but I have already started a Goodwill pile and have thrown away several things that have outlived their life expectancy but I'd convince myself they could be worn a little longer.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8033 on: October 28, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »
1.) I'm not in pain for the moment.
2.) I have a very wiggly baby currently dancing a disco in my belly! 23 weeks today!  ;D

« Reply #8034 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:10 PM »
1. Being naughty enough to eat a caramel apple and a popcorn ball for lunch. Diet? What diet?

2. Having a moment in between the errands and housework to sit and enjoy 'Beetlejuice".

― Dr. Seuss

• azroomie & james
« Reply #8035 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
1.  having Family christmas  photos  taken professionally  (haven't done that in years!!!)

2. working on   a puzzle  with DD...she is usually glued  to  the PC

« Reply #8036 on: November 23, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
1. Lazy Sunday at home. Other than two loads of laundry, washing last night's dinner dishes, and maybe fixing something to eat today, it is all about feet up, coffee or tea nearby, and relaxation.

2.Today is my great nephew's first birthday. He's such a doll, and the smiliest little one I have ever seen. I have never known such a good natured, easy going baby in my life.

― Dr. Seuss

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8037 on: January 28, 2015, 02:02:24 PM »
1.) We're buying a house that's being built right now, that is all eco friendly ,that my other half designed (he works in architecture) and has completley customised to us, including a built in brewery.   We managed to accept an offer on our existing house, exactly 9 days after it went on the market and the guy is letting us close after the house is built (aiming for June) in case of any little niggly issues.  So,  it's all so very exciting and coming together nicely!!

2.)  Planning my own wedding for the end of this year.  Giggle.   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #8038 on: January 28, 2015, 04:34:18 PM »
Oh my goodness, that is news indeed, PB.  Congratulations  :D
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #8039 on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
1.) We're buying a house that's being built right now, that is all eco friendly ,that my other half designed (he works in architecture) and has completley customised to us, including a built in brewery.   We managed to accept an offer on our existing house, exactly 9 days after it went on the market and the guy is letting us close after the house is built (aiming for June) in case of any little niggly issues.  So,  it's all so very exciting and coming together nicely!!

2.)  Planning my own wedding for the end of this year.  Giggle.   

Wow PB! Big News x 2 !  :D :D Congratulations x two to you both!  :D :D

Sponsored Links