Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fabulous site!!!  (Read 4225 times)

Fabulous site!!!
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:24:29 AM »
www.ancestry.com has just released a TON of digitized ship's manifests from not only Ellis Island, but all over the US.  Right now they're offering a free 14-day membership (otherwise it's a whopping $120/year).

We've NEVER been able to find any paperwork about my grandfather's entrance to the US (he came via Palestine and Cuba... not exactly a normal route) and I just printed the manifest from his ship, complete with all his information.  Woo Hoo!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Fabulous site!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
Ancestry.com is great! I used to belong, but after an initial flurry of activity, I sort of lost interest and found it wasn't worth the monthly fee. But the free 14-day thing sounds good! I'd recommend it to anyone interested in finding out more about their families!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:28:31 AM »
www.ancestry.com has just released a TON of digitized ship's manifests from not only Ellis Island, but all over the US.  Right now they're offering a free 14-day membership (otherwise it's a whopping $120/year).

We've NEVER been able to find any paperwork about my grandfather's entrance to the US (he came via Palestine and Cuba... not exactly a normal route) and I just printed the manifest from his ship, complete with all his information.  Woo Hoo!

cool! I found a bunch of last name matches for my grandfather but no exact matches however there were many of the same last name coming via cuba. Geez, Fungirl we could be related,. LOL

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 04:16:33 PM »
Geez, Fungirl we could be related,. LOL

Well, my grandmother WAS born and raised in Chicago... ;)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 05:06:29 PM »
I've done genealogy for years, so this is great to know -- it's been a few months since I've been at it.  Thanks for the info!   :D
I leave for work at 7:10 each morning, and get home at 6:00 each evening.  Wish I could stay home all day and do nothing but sit around on UKY!  What a life!  And I have no Internet access in my classroom, so I can't just stop teaching and surf UKY.  Can you believe it??  Horrid, my job!

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 06:17:14 PM »
Well, my grandmother WAS born and raised in Chicago... ;)
and Jewish? This is getting creepy!
I have a cousin with the same first name as you who i havent seen in years. Her grandmother was born and raised in Chicago too. CREEPY!!  :o

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 07:24:35 PM »
and Jewish? This is getting creepy!
I have a cousin with the same first name as you who i havent seen in years. Her grandmother was born and raised in Chicago too. CREEPY!!  :o

My grandfather came to Chicago from Russia via Cuba... a jew too!
Could we all be related??? Scary!!

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 07:25:24 PM »
ooooh, now youre really scaring me! lol

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »
I always wanted a sister... or two! :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab