Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving companies ?  (Read 1524 times)

• Tomorrows another day!
  • Liked: 0
Moving companies ?
« on: October 13, 2002, 04:25:07 PM »
Hi All -

Just looking for a bit of advise really. We are considering moving back to the US from Leeds in the next year or so, and in an effort to get all our ducks in a row so to speak are trying to get an idea of what we are looking at expense-wise.  

Can any one recommend any international moving companies that they may have had quotes from?

I think that I would like to get at least 4 or 5 to get a realistic idea and make the best choice for us.

All suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks -
Liza  [smiley=balloon.gif]
Welcome to Maine - The way life should be!

• Liked: 0
Re: Moving companies ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 08:48:28 PM »
In November 2001 I shipped a small house worth of things, mostly clothes, books, records, CDs, kitchen utensils, plus three beds, two wardrobes, two chests of drawers, and a dining table and six chairs. In all it was about 930 cuft, just short of a 20' container full.

I shipped it with Allfreight International (www.allfreight.co.uk , 01932 853344, e-mail: sales@allfreight.co.uk) and I can't recommend then highly enough - the sevice was excellent. They sent a team to pack, inventory and load the household contents, and everything was paid for through to delivery to an address of my chosing in New York.  They're based west of London, so might not be suitable as you're in Leeds.

They also took care of the airfreighting of two trunks of clothes and basic kitchen utensils until the sea shiptment arrived.

I think we paid around £2,000 for the main surface shipment, and about £120 for the two trunks airfreighted. Plus insurance in both cases.

You are right to get several quotes as shipping companies set a price based on the resources they have available - you need to find a shipper with few bookings on the day you want to move.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2002, 08:49:54 PM by Mr_Val »
Richard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab