Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: help please  (Read 804 times)

• Rock!
  • Liked: 0
help please
« on: February 11, 2004, 02:46:06 AM »
Hi,

I'm new.  My friend and I want to move to the UK, but have no idea how to go about it.  I'm living in US right now.  Does anyone have any advice?  

Thanks,
Mona  

• Liked: 1
Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 02:51:26 AM »
Hi Mona and welcome.

If you need help you have come to the right place, but in order to help you we would need a little more information about you and your friend.  Are you looking to go there to meet someone or to work or to study?  

There are many types of Visa's and your situation dictates which you need.  I do hope that we can offer you some help!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Rock!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
My friend and I would like to work in the UK.  He is a writer and I am an actress.  We would like to get jobs*, and live in an artist friendly area.  Right now, we'd just like to stay for a year or so.  I hope that helps you to help me, cause I'm lost!  = )  thanks

Mona

*jobs doing anything, not just something in our creative fields of interest.  

• this is dedicated to the one i love
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 09:39:42 PM »
If you are students or have finished a degree at an american university in the last six months you can try www.bunac.org
It is a work exchange program that allows you to go and work for up to 6 months.

The other thing i would suggest is if you want to continue with school to get into a Masters program and that will get you a year long visa.  This can be expensive, though, and you can only work part time and i promise you will be pretty damn busy with school work.

If you have lots of work qualifications or lots of money you can go as a highly skilled migrant program.

really, thats all i can think of

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab