Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One-day jaunts on a paddlesteamer  (Read 2376 times)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
One-day jaunts on a paddlesteamer
« on: October 14, 2002, 11:05:49 AM »
My husband and I like old fashioned transportation, and many enthusiasts have lovingly restored trains and boats, etc. There's so much out there you can do to actually experience travel in days gone by.

Last week we took a trip on a restored paddleboat steamer. The experience was incredible enough, but this particular excursion took us under Tower Bridge, where they had to open it for us. I was moved to tears. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The newly restored Waverley goes under Tower Bridge

She's soon headed back up to Scotland toward home ground and another refitting, for the last of her restoration. But I'm sure she will be back next year, with another opportunity to lift the bridge.
http://www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk/content/newdefault.asp
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
  • Liked: 0
Re: One-day jaunts on a paddlesteamer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 03:42:14 PM »
Hey that's the funny little boat I call the mini-Titanic that goes by our place every couple of days..  I see it mostly at night during the booze cruises.  It's quite cute..
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: One-day jaunts on a paddlesteamer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 04:01:42 PM »
Yup! I waved at you and then turned around and waved at Tammy as we floated by.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab