Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: just a question  (Read 838 times)

• Liked: 0
just a question
« on: February 12, 2004, 10:44:17 PM »
hiya all i am tracey bernie's partner. what i was wondering is
if they refuse you the fiancee visa do they put a stamp of refusal in in your passport? anyone know?

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
Re: just a question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 12:18:24 AM »
The first run, my application was sent back, because they wanted letters that we had written between us, and photographs of us together.  Nothing in my passport, just a brief letter saying what else they needed :)   I havn't heard of anyone being outright refused,, but if that happened, I don't think they would mar your passport. Others here may know better tho. Good luck Bernie and Tracey,, all this stress will soon be just a memory :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 12:19:18 AM by tebs »

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 01:19:05 AM »
thanks for that,  (this is bernie)  read that out to tracey  and she doesnt belief the stress will be a distant memory. she's convinced she will be stuck there and me over here.  boy i can't wait to get this over with. so we can get on with our lifes.

we have photos of us, hopefully we shouldnt have a problem with letters etc  as we are going together.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 01:20:46 AM by bern1e »

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 04:53:58 PM »
I know it's hard to relax, but try to. They really would have to have a damn good reason to refuse you, and even then you can appeal. Like others have said, they may request further info but I've never heard of an outright refusal.
If it helps you to know, we had two Fiancé visas (they were single entry in 1998) and two Spousal visas as my hubby had trouble adjusting and went back to the US for 18 months. We got the second one no problem.
HTH

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 02:23:33 PM »
its getting closer.

booked air tickets today  13th march so we have weekend then go monday am to see those hopefully nice people and get that stamp in tracey's passport.

also got letter from landlord saying tracey was welcome to move in and would be added to lease once we are married.

tracey still in panic mode, nothings going to calm her till the visa is sorted.  

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 09:33:50 AM »
The most frustrating thing? After the first five minutes of all the excitement and feeling "it's over!" after having gotten the visa...you'll find yourselves thinking "that's IT?"

Nothing will get Tracey to relax...which is not a bad thing in the long run. It's the best way to make sure everything is in order once you get there. You will be MEGA prepared...and that ain't such a bad thing. What will amaze you is how little everyone else around you in the queue will be prepared...and they still get it.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links