Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: anyone done a visa by mail?  (Read 6804 times)

Re: anyone done a visa by mail?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2002, 07:29:29 PM »
Hello out there...I am new to this means of cyber community discussion so please forgive my ignorance!  I have been in the UK now 4 times since late May and my best friend and I have decided to get married in Q1 of 2003.  My return ticket to the US is for early January (I have been in the UK since late oct).  The last time I returned, the immigration officer asked many questions and stated she would let me in again this time but next time I had better have official paperwork...scary!!!  Hmmmm...thought I could return at will so long as I never stayed longer than 6 months at a time.  With that background, here's what we have in mind and we would love input from anyone who wishes to help.  We have put together a Fiance Visa application package to go to the British Consolate General in Chicago.  The package includes the completed and signed forms IM2A & IM2B, each of our passports, 2 passport photos (of me as applicant), employment verification letter from fiance's employer, 2 recent payslips, Investment account statements for my account, letter of support from my UK fiancee including statement of intent to marry in Q1 2003 and reside permanently in her home here in the UK and that I have no intent at this time to bring any dependants, mortgage details, final divorce paperwork on each of us, and a copy of the receipt for her wedding ring.  The payment of $429 for the Visa + $12 return postage has been requested in the form of a money order or cashier's check.  Since I am here and want to include payment in the same envelope, we have made arrangement to pay in the form of an International Draft from her UK bank...is that the best alternative??...Will that be acceptable???

Now here's the anxiety for us...I have to send off my passport and am scheduled to leave as previously stated in early January.  My intent is to return after being in the states for 1 week.  The website says this process could be done within the day if applying in person or up to 5 days if by mail (not including time in the mail).  If that is the case, should be no problem.  Still makes us nervous!  I need to buy my ticket to come back here sometime soon to get the best deal but I don't want to be stuck in the process when I am meant to come back here and have no passport and a fully paid ticket.  UGH!!!!!   Ok...with all that in mind...any suggestions, warnings, or words of encouragement???  

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab