Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pop/Soda/Ginger on Planes?  (Read 957 times)

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
Pop/Soda/Ginger on Planes?
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:37:39 AM »
Hi!

This might be a silly question..but ok I'll just ask it.  So my fiance's little cousins are begging me to bring them some rootbeer on my trip to the UK in March.   Are you allowed to bring along say a six-pack of pop with you on a plane?  I know it's just pop, but it is a pressurized can and with all this super duper mega increased security, I wasn't sure how hard they're cracking down on silly stuff such as this.  [smiley=stop.gif] I know they went digging through ALL of my luggage and personal items in my December/January flights. [smiley=shifty.gif]

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Pop/Soda/Ginger on Planes?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 08:50:29 AM »
Hey! You had the same question we had once when we wanted to bring a case of Moutain Dew across! We were afraid the lack of proper air pressure of the baggage area might cause the can fliptops to pop. So, we figured we'd go to the experts and asked folks we knew who actually worked at airports. Their response? "Good question! But we haven't a clue!" (LOL)

So my husband, a great analyst when it comes to scientific stuff, figured that it would be okay, especially in the main part of the plane, because they serve sodas there, right? Well, we put the (remains of a) case of Mountain Dew in a bag that we knew we were taking the chance it all might explode inside of...

No probs. Mountain Dew made it safely to our refrigerator, where it was rationed out, 1 per day, until gone.

Man I miss that stuff.  :'(

Oops, totally not what you asked!
I don't know if they'd stop you and confiscate. I doubt it. But, we've brought back food stuff all the time and not been stopped, even though our bags have been X-rayed on the way out. They are really tight on fresh fruit and vegetables and meat products. I think Rootbeer would be just fine.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 08:54:53 AM by Lisa »
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pop/Soda/Ginger on Planes?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 10:04:57 AM »
I think they sell cans airside of the security checks at most airports, don't they?  I'm sure you can still get a canned beer in the bar, so I don't see any security problem with cans - I think they're pretty thin aluminium and the x-ray machines see straight through them.  Can't see it being a problem ....
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab