Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407916 times)

• Liked: 584
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4290 on: May 01, 2015, 07:45:59 PM »
1.  Bank holiday weekend!
2. All day long I was thinking, if I was single, and didn't have to take anyone else's plans into consideration, I would have left work today and immediately driven down to Huddersfield.  Sick of the crap ale we've been getting here recently and desperate for the outstanding range the Rat & Ratchet always serves [smiley=bigcry.gif]
3.  Tapping a barrel of Spaten Oktoberfest at my pal's tomorrow.  Should be a good day, but still... I want Huddersfield.
4.  My boss is moving to a new job in a couple of weeks.  She is a great boss and will be missed.  Kind of afraid to see what idiot is going to take her place.
5.  Hopefully we will find some time this weekend to begin work on the room that's going to be our study/office.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #4291 on: May 02, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »
The calendar looks a bit more like Saturday again, but here goes.

1. One week in, and we are still loving the new place. I miss my ducks, geese and lake, but it is so much more peaceful here. We also have a bigger living room, bigger bedroom (even if we only have one), bigger bathroom and far more kitchen cabinet/counter space despite the fact the kitchen is smaller.

2. Yesterday was spent unboxing and putting a lot more stuff away. We now have it under control, despite the fact there are still several boxes stashed away in closets and corners of rooms. At least it is looking mostly like a home already.

3. The new entertainment unit arrived yesterday. Flat packed furniture was designed by Satan himself. It looks good, but I swear they do the instructions backward to make assembly as inconvenient as possible and add about 400 more screws than necessary to hold it together.  ::)

4. Hubs has the 'fight of the century' or lifetime, or whatever it is, to watch later. We've got a Blue Moon variety pack in that I'm kind of excited about, due to the fact it has a Blackberry Ale and the Cinnamon Horchata in it.

5. We plan to spend tomorrow on the couch, watching tv and films.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4292 on: May 03, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
Cinnamon Horchata BEER?  That sounds interesting!  I love the actual horchata rice drink...

« Reply #4293 on: May 04, 2015, 11:30:45 PM »
Cinnamon Horchata BEER?  That sounds interesting!  I love the actual horchata rice drink...

It is a beautiful thing, let me tell you. Cinnamony enough to be good in the autumn and winter, but just light enough to still be refreshing in the spring. I've never had the actual horchata rice drink, but I would love to try it.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 12
« Reply #4294 on: May 08, 2015, 07:48:42 AM »
1.  Monday, a Bank Holiday (boring when you're already retired)

2. Tuesday, buses are back to normal schedules (if they ever are)

3. Wednesday, more chatter in media about upcoming "close race"

4. Thursday, Polling Day (general election) -- vote and do an exit poll

5. Friday, V-E Day -- where's the Victory?
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4295 on: May 08, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »
1. I was able to go out in a light jacket and not freeze - a victory in my book!

2. Just bought a little table and two chairs for the garden.

3. Renewed our lease for another year. We're sticking around for awhile!

4. Son is entering the willful-disobedience stage of toddlerhood. Oh joy.

5. Big community festival this weekend, I get to experience my first ceildh tomorrow!

« Reply #4296 on: May 08, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »
1. Bit of light pampering today with a haircut and super condition. It is now five inches shorter and ready for summer.  [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

2. We're off out for a steak dinner tonight, for my Birthday Eve, then a little shopping.

3. Off work tomorrow, and intending to do as little as possible. I made sure the house was cleaned and all boxes I intended to unpack this weekend were finished today.

4. I'm working Sunday this weekend instead of the usual Saturday. Joey doesn't know Mother's Day from any other day of the year, including his birthday, so it doesn't matter so much. Since my brother, his fiancee, the grandkids and great grandkid will be at mom's I will spend time with her another day where we can actually talk. I'll call, of course, but plan another day with her. Plus, we always take her and MIL out for a day together when MIL visits. That way they get time with each other and us, even if Mother's Day is late for both of them.

5. 5 1/2 weeks until MIL is here. Time is flying since she booked her ticket. My tummy already hurts thinking of all the restaurants she wants to visit while here.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4297 on: May 16, 2015, 02:13:53 AM »
Very nearly missed it!

1. Today was supposed to be filled with unpacking things and decorating. I emptied one box, did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, then decided I'd been productive enough for one day.  ;D

2. We've had a few mild storms lately. I love the rain. It sounds good on the roof, even if we no longer get to hear it hitting the lake.

3. Work in the morning, then mostly relaxation the rest of the weekend. I suppose I will get to a few boxes, sometime.

4. Hubby's birthday is a week from tomorrow. We decided instead of giving each other gifts this year, the money will be spent having fun in London. He is hard to buy for, so I like this idea.

5. Not much went on this week, I suppose. I can't think of anything to report.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4298 on: May 22, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »
1. Addie is here! She is 6 weeks early and came by emergency c-section, but she is 5 lbs, 9.5 oz and thriving. Shelby was being monitored for a couple days due to pre-eclampsia, and they decided Wednesday night Addie just had to come out. They've had her in the NICU as a precaution, but so far, so good. She's beautiful!   [smiley=smitten.gif]

2. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday. We're out with friends tomorrow night to celebrate. Seems we don't see nearly enough of them, so I can't wait.

3. We had our inspection at work yesterday, and all was great, as we figured it would be. Still, there is always that pressure of the 'what if's'.

4. Cooler weather came back for a couple days, with temps in the 50s, but today has rebounded to the 70s. I'm not looking forward to heat and humidity, but the warmth has been nice.

5. We're still loving the new place, no trains, and nice neighbors.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4299 on: May 22, 2015, 09:04:53 PM »
1. I had a freak car accident a couple of days ago, and totalled my wee Suzuki jeep... so today my man bought me a new (to me!) Megane convertible.  Loving it so far!

2.  Tomorrow I am going to the yard where my mashed-up jeep is being stored, to clear out all my belongings.  I wonder if I can get the stereo taken out?  I only had it fitted a couple of months ago...

3. Massive Chinese chow-down tonight!

4.  Still clearing out my late SILs belongings  ... found a bottle of whisky which (according to my Googling) appears to be worth around £130!

5.  Drinking a big glass of Crystal Light (mojito flavour) that arrived today from Amazon.

« Reply #4300 on: May 29, 2015, 11:18:45 PM »
1. Addie is still in the hospital, but doing good. The doctors are projecting she will get to go home in a week. Not bad for six weeks early. :)

2. I found my veggie peeler and fave knife this week. Anyone who happened to read posts elsewhere around here knows how devastated I was when I couldn't find them after we moved. Why they were in a small tub of unmated socks I will never know.  :o ::)

3. I did the bare minimum of what had to be done with housework today and spent the rest of it relaxing. Usually I spend my Fridays running errands and cleaning house, so the change of pace was nice.

4. Three weeks til MIL comes to visit. Or, as hubby says, 3 weeks til Quavers and Mars bars. He's a bit of a dork.  ;D

5. Looking around today, I discovered I still have two empty drawers and three empty cabinet sections in the kitchen. Holy cow! Suppose I can do some re-arranging.

― Dr. Seuss

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #4301 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:26 AM »
1) Work on the last of my application and checking re-checking before applying online
2) happy time when talking to my wife in the UK (always)
3) looking at some lenses ..(i am in joyland)
4) Reading up on IT and jobs in the UK
5) Don't drink.... but some nice ginger Tea for my head cold with honey.. and a touch of lime..
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #4302 on: April 08, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »
1.  bought a new printer today
2.  ate the head off the chocolate dinosaur I bought my man for Easter.  It was bugging me that he hadn't eaten it yet!
3.  slow-cooker lamb stew for dinner... the lamb is so nice and tender.
4.  Opening a bottle of wine, in a few minutes.. just in time to settle down in front of EastEnders.
5.  Foolishly hoping that there are no deaths/injuries amongst the horses in the Grand National tomorrow.

« Reply #4303 on: October 21, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.  today at work was the last day of a guy I absolutely could. not. stand!  So glad to see the back of that wee so-and-so!

2.  I'd made the decision not to go out tonight -- just planned to stay in and watch TV with a takeaway-- and then I found out that my favourite ale has come on at a pub in town!   :o :\\\'(

3.  After having a word with myself, I decided to stick with my original plan, and *HOPE* that there's still some left when I pop into the pub tomorrow afternoon. (Wot, no 'praying' smilie?!)

4.  After I (hopefully) get a couple of pints of Silver King, I will be meeting some friends for a late lunch tomorrow at Steak, Cattle & Roll (stupid name, lush food!), and then going to the pictures to see the new Ken Loach film, 'I, Daniel Blake'.

5. My man has been away in Poland all week... I've enjoyed having lots of time to myself, but I'm starting to miss him now... roll on Tuesday, when he's home again.

« Reply #4304 on: February 24, 2017, 12:44:04 PM »
Anyone up for a Friday Five?

1. No work today!
2. Today is Day 24 of no sugar, no beer, no potatoes, pasta, bread, or rice.  I've never got past Day 13 before, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
3. OH is away to Bradford Beer Festival, so I've got the weekend to myself.
4. Going to do a cleaning blitz today
5. Today's lunch is courgettes in a creamy sauce... off to have a nosh!

Sponsored Links