Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410290 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4305 on: February 24, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
1.  Tonight is a rare and elusive date night.  We have a nursery worker bringing our daughter home and putting her to bed.  We haven't done this before!  It'll be good for all of us.
2.  Going to a comedy show tonight at the O2 and sitting in the second row.  Hoping my pregnant belly doesn't make me a subject of the show....
3.  Went to dinner with some friends last night and I couldn't sleep when I got home, so really I just want to sit in my jammies under a blanket and go to bed early tonight!
4.  Had a new cleaner start yesterday after 6 months without one.  My house is clean!!
5.  Eating leftover pizza right now with dipping sauce and just got a big blob of sauce on my belly!

« Reply #4306 on: February 24, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »
Anyone up for a Friday Five?

1. No work today!
2. Today is Day 24 of no sugar, no beer, no potatoes, pasta, bread, or rice.  I've never got past Day 13 before, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
3. OH is away to Bradford Beer Festival, so I've got the weekend to myself.
4. Going to do a cleaning blitz today
5. Today's lunch is courgettes in a creamy sauce... off to have a nosh!

No beer?!?  Wow, that's impressive!  Enjoy your weekend to yourself - I hope you have more fun than just cleaning. 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4307 on: February 24, 2017, 07:29:15 PM »
Yay Friday Five!

1.) Working right now.   Well, really on UKY, but waiting for a conference call with the USA to start in 5 minutes... Friday night working sucks!  :-\\\\
2.) Drinking a beer whilst working (shhhhhhh) from home  [smiley=lipsrsealed2.gif]
3.) Bottling my cherrywood smoked porter tomorrow - 5.0% abv, pretty happy with that and it tastes really nice, not even carbed yet
4.) J making a madras curry for dinner in the Instant Pot.
5.) Playing a gig in Thurso on Sunday.  (Not all that far from here, but probably the end of the earth for you guys down south). 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4308 on: February 24, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
1.  Tonight is a rare and elusive date night.  We have a nursery worker bringing our daughter home and putting her to bed.  We haven't done this before!  It'll be good for all of us.
2.  Going to a comedy show tonight at the O2 and sitting in the second row.  Hoping my pregnant belly doesn't make me a subject of the show....
3.  Went to dinner with some friends last night and I couldn't sleep when I got home, so really I just want to sit in my jammies under a blanket and go to bed early tonight!
4.  Had a new cleaner start yesterday after 6 months without one.  My house is clean!!
5.  Eating leftover pizza right now with dipping sauce and just got a big blob of sauce on my belly!

I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations!

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4309 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
My Friday Five
1. After three days of full on flu, I'm finally feeling a bit human today.
2. Hubby is out at a mate's gig and I'm putting the final touches on his surprise birthday party tomorrow.
3. I've scrambled to complete work today I couldn't even focus on yesterday, including a blog on coconut oil and another on avocado oil. It was an improvement on last week's blog on customised air fresheners though. I get the most random requests.
4. I'm polishing off the homemade New York style cheesecake I made earlier this week and make no apologies for it :-P
5. My Friday night will be complete with watching Gogglebox later. This makes me realise how old I have gotten haha

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4310 on: March 03, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
will we Friday Five?

1. I'm having a terrible time with technology lately... my new laptop is still not connecting to the internet, and today my iPod broke.

2.  just heard today that my friend is getting transferred to my office! yay!!!

3.  my OH has a huge, potentially life-changing job interview a week today... this week it will be my job to keep things calm and running smoothly in our home, in order to keep him calm before interview day.

4.  lovely simple tea tonight of super-peppery pastrami and the best ever coleslaw from our local deli.

5.  just been killing time till Gogglebox...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:17:15 PM by Albatross »

« Reply #4311 on: March 03, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »
1.  Nesting for new baby seems to be in full swing!

2.  Getting the nursery painted and such this weekend.  Three grey walls, one navy wall which will have an Arsenal sticker on it.  Hoping it can grow with baby.

3.  I WILL tackle the unbelievable mountain of baby girl clothes that we are giving away to various people this weekend.  We've always felt we kept a minimal wardrobe.  The amount of clothes she's accumulated in less than 3 years is truly astonishing!

4.  I WILL clean out my car this weekend.  When your two year old says, "Mommy, your car is dirty," you know it's beyond time!!

5.  My husband was recognised at work with a healthy raise!  I'm very proud of him and how hard he works.  He's also the best dad and puts family first.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4312 on: March 10, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.)  Been a hard work week, so much continuous change and uncertainty at our office at the moment

2.)  Dry hopping the Rye IPA that I made last weekend as it goes from primary fermentation into secondary conditioning

3.) Just ate a Lion bar.  Haven't had one of those in ages.

4.) Weather looks decent for a spot of gardening tomorrow

5.) Competing in the Scottish Brass Band Championships on Sunday.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4313 on: March 10, 2017, 06:15:53 PM »
1.  TGIF... it's been a stressful week.
2.  Sounds like my OH's job interview went well... but they said there won't be a decision for 2 long, agonising weeks!  :(
3.  PB, re your number 3, I have never ever eaten a Lion bar... or a Picnic or a Boost, or a StarBar or a Wispa.... I've always been all about the DoubleDecker!
4.   Taking a day off my diet to go for a beer tomorrow... my first since 30 January!
5.  I am pure dead GASPING!!!

« Reply #4314 on: March 31, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »
1.  Last day of the quarter and fiscal year today!
2.  Tiny dancer turns THREE tomorrow!
3.  It's supposed to be a 100% chance of rain (shocker), so going to stick indoors.  We are taking her BFF out for the day with her.  Plan is Build-a-Bear, lunch, and softplay.
4.  I hope Amazon Prime comes through and delivers all of her gifts today!  Mom of the Year here.
5.  Baby boy wasn't evicted yesterday, which there was a very real chance of happening.  Another two weeks before they re-evaluate!  I'm feeling confident I'll get to full term (37 weeks anyway).   :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4315 on: March 31, 2017, 10:43:17 AM »
1. Payday today!

2. Last day at work before 3 weeks off

3. Flying to Japan tomorrow!

4. Fingers crossed that the postman delivers something I ordered online today... otherwise I won't be around to receive it until end of April

5. Going to see my brother in Hong Kong in 2 weeks... don't think I've seen him in almost 2 years (can't remember when he were last in the same country at the same time :P)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4316 on: March 31, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
3.  It's supposed to be a 100% chance of rain (shocker), so going to stick indoors.  We are taking her BFF out for the day with her.  Plan is Build-a-Bear, lunch, and softplay.

100% chance of rain tomorrow? First I've heard of it! It's a sunshine and showers day tomorrow.

You're in the south east, right? You should just be looking at a chance of a shower here and there during the day, mainly late afternoon (though some rain may come through before 10 am).

« Reply #4317 on: March 31, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »
100% chance of rain tomorrow? First I've heard of it! It's a sunshine and showers day tomorrow.

You're in the south east, right? You should just be looking at a chance of a shower here and there during the day, mainly late afternoon (though some rain may come through before 10 am).

Really?!?  I imagine we'll make the judgement in the morning on what to do.  Our non-rainy-day plan was to go to a farm, which I know the girls would love.  Could just be less chaotic than Build-a-Bear and softplay.  Our weatherman here is insisting it's going to suck and even have thunderstorms!  (Reading area).

Where all are you going in Asia?  I LOVE Asia (that's where I really wanted to move too).  Enjoy seeing your brother!

« Reply #4318 on: March 31, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Our weatherman here is insisting it's going to suck and even have thunderstorms!  (Reading area).

Yes, there could be heavy showers and potential for thunderstorms but it's not going to be raining constantly all day.

You're looking at about a 10% chance of rain in the morning, then 30-40% chance between 12 and 5 pm... though it won't be continuous, just showers at times.

Where all are you going in Asia?  I LOVE Asia (that's where I really wanted to move too).  Enjoy seeing your brother!

We're flying to Tokyo, spending about 13 days travelling down to Osaka, then flying to Hong Kong and spending a week with my brother in Macau. After that, we're off to Thailand for 2 days(!), then back to Hong Kong and finally home to the UK.

« Reply #4319 on: March 31, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
We're flying to Tokyo, spending about 13 days travelling down to Osaka, then flying to Hong Kong and spending a week with my brother in Macau. After that, we're off to Thailand for 2 days(!), then back to Hong Kong and finally home to the UK.

Sounds fabulous.  I've not been to Japan - someday!

Ugh, you are going to eat such good food.  Enjoy it ALL!!

Sponsored Links