Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407945 times)

• Liked: 584
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4335 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
1.  Bank Holiday Weekend
2.  Made spag bol for tea, and now watching Gogglebox
3.  One of my colleagues has been moved to the top of the (urgent) heart transplant list.  I can't even imagine how terrified she must be.
4.  The Crystal Light sweet iced tea mix arrived today.  It tastes 'ok', but not really like tea.
5.  ZOMG - is everyone ready for the Line of Duty series finale on Sunday?!?!

« Reply #4336 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »
Happy Friday!

1.  This morning, I bought doughnuts for the office from our favourite place, Villa Bakery!
2.  My friend is getting us a Chinese takeaway at lunch, and we are going to have a picnic down by the canal.  Nice way to break up a work day!
3. OMG... all this food?  Think I will skip my dinner tonight!
4.  HAHAHAHAH  -- still laughing about that monkey on Car Share!
5.  Our stupid rubbish collection at home is only every 3 weeks, and it's only week 2, but our wheelie bin is already full.  So i'm carrying 2 bags of rubbish in the boot of my car-- i'm planning to take it to the cowp at the weekend, but it's beginning to stink...  :-X

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4337 on: May 05, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »
Hope you enjoyed your Chinese Albatross! It's a lovely day out there for a picnic (albeit a bit windy here) and I am so glad you love Car Share as much as I do!

1. I joined a gym at the beginning of the week and today was my first real go at it. I ache all over.
2. I celebrated the above with chicken nuggets.
3. I am meant to be writing 5k words on Microsoft Office. I am at 2k and have hit a massive wall.
4. Bulmers Blueberry and Lime was marked down to 60p at Asda so I ran over there in the morning to beat the Friday crowds and got some. It rang up full price but after some price investigation, I finally got my cheap booze, haha!
5. I actually bought a fidget finger spinner thing since it is meant to be good for stress and anxiety, only for it to arrive today missing pieces. So needless to say, it isn't helping my stress and anxiety so far :-P

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4338 on: May 05, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
1.  Been a tough week.  Going from one kid to two is no joke.

2.  Mommy guilt hit hard on Wednesday, so we've kept our 3 year old home the last two days from nursery and had some good family time.  Very happy with that choice.  After spending all last week in the hospital, we needed it.

3.  Leaving Paultons Park now.  Super impressed with how clean and well kept it is.  We had a great day and will definitely go back.

4.  Baby boy still doesn't have a name.  <sigh>

5.  Newborn photoshoot on Monday!  Can't wait!

« Reply #4339 on: May 05, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »

Aw! Are you just undecided or at a disagreement?

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4340 on: May 06, 2017, 12:43:14 AM »
1.  Been a tough week.  Going from one kid to two is no joke.

2.  Mommy guilt hit hard on Wednesday, so we've kept our 3 year old home the last two days from nursery and had some good family time.  Very happy with that choice.  After spending all last week in the hospital, we needed it.

#1 Totally understand!
#2 I did that too but left baby with husband and went to London Zoo and Aquarium which was very nice but C-section healing was rough on all the stairs on the Tube but totally worth it
#4 My husband was convinced child would be girl so we didn't pick a name either. Husband, after nine months and two weeks, opened baby names book to first page and chose "Adam" after scanning the page for 10 seconds
I'm sure the name you choose will be perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4341 on: May 06, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »
1. Son and his partner split up so son at home again (he's 25) and he's brought all his stuff

2. Had all three grandchildren at the house (4-year-old girl and ten month old terror twins) and I realized, "I'm too old for this s***!"

3. Can't talk or eat due to a tooth infection but dentist can't see me until Monday and my family is rejoicing!

4. It's Cinco de Mayo but I can't leave the house due to hideous facial deformity (see #3) so I'm stuck indoors drinking margaritas and trying not to traumatize the grandchildren (kids are used to it)

5. It's a beautiful and unusually cool 77F day with 33% humidity. In Houston, that's like a gift from Heaven! I'm not needing two showers, my hair fits through doorways and everyone is in a fabulous mood including me!

Have an amazing weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4342 on: May 12, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »
1.  Baby boy still doesn't have a name.  Talks are not going well.   ::)  We'll get there eventually, right?

2.  Husband is back at work today.  I managed to get both kids up and out this morning to take my daughter to nursery.  Feeling like super woman!

3.  Daughter was sneezing all last night and snotty nose...  <sigh>

4.  A new tiny human created and unbelievable amount of laundry.

5.  My dad arrives on Monday!  Will be nice to have a week with him before my mom comes (shhh, don't tell her that).

• Liked: 210
« Reply #4343 on: May 12, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »
1. My blasted printer won't work for love, money, or threats of kicking it out the second-story window.

2. My wife tells me that I'm now required to say "return" ticket instead of "roundtrip." Stepchildren then proceeded to laugh at how silly a term "roundtrip" is. I told them they're now 1/6 American, so they better not make fun of the US. :D

3. Trying to figure out how/if/when to ship my belongings to the UK. Hard to play the game right! Too soon, and heaven forbid a visa rejection, and I'm stuck here without the items I need. Too late, and I risk not being able to send it at all due to the rush. No family/friends to help with storage. :(

4. I keep trying to do things "one last time" because I'll miss them later.

5. I miss my wife!
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #4344 on: May 12, 2017, 01:23:07 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.  Yesterday I was told that I'd been selected to join a pilot of a new project at work.  Great opportunity, etc, but it means I'd be working up in Glasgow and would have to get a train.  Started working it out, and I was going to be losing money on the deal due to the cost of transport, so wasn't sure whether to accept the position or not.

2.  Today they've told me that the company are going to pay my travel costs!  YAY!!! I'll be working in Glasgow for the next 3 months! Burritos & beer!

3.  Tomorrow my OH and i are taking his car for its MOT and then going to Bill's for a pancake breakfast.

4.  OMG, you guys... check this out!  Not been there yet (didn't even know it existed till a couple of days ago) , but the photos!!!
http://www.roastersdeli.com/gallery/

5.  Didn't realise it was US Mothers Day this weekend so didn't send a card... instead sent my mom a soppy WhatsApp message about what a lovely mother she's been.  She replied 'that's better than any card!'  .  Awww  [smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #4345 on: May 12, 2017, 08:42:30 PM »
1. I offered to take on work this weekend since the husband is going on a work do tomorrow night. Now I regret it because I have 2000 words to write about exercise equipment.
2. But Eurovision will be on!! (Guilty pleasure!)
3. I wanted a float for dessert but only put a tad bit of coke in with the ice cream. Ended up tasting like a frosty from Wendy's and it made my day.
4. However I probably shouldn't have had it because I have been going to the gym and had a good session today. Still proud of myself though.
5. I'm starting to knit cushion covers to match the throw I made last year but I've been so busy that at this rate I'll have one ready by Christmas!

« Reply #4346 on: May 19, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »
TGIF!!

1.  No work today!
2.  Heading up to Glasgow for breakfast at Roasters.
3.  After breakfast, getting a train to Carlisle for a beer festival.
4.  Really, really need to remember to go to the cowp on Saturday, as I've got a bag of stinking rubbish in the boot of the car! EUCCHH!
5.  New job starts on Monday.

« Reply #4347 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
1.  Baby still has no name
2.  I'm exhausted from not sleeping, suffering from border-line migraines daily, and ready to cut a b*tch if pushed.   ;D
3.  My mom arrives today.  Not sure if this is good or bad.   ;)
4.  The cats area super excited that my dad is in town.  Traitors!
5.  Having a BBQ on Sunday and supposed to not rain.  Woohoo!

« Reply #4348 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »
1. Received a great review on my work and a recommendation today so I am super happy.
2. I was so excited for this weekend to have date night with the husband to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 5 only to realize that it is NEXT weekend. Sigh...how did I mess that one up?
3. A spider just appeared out of nowhere on my wall and was running full force in my direction. I should really invest in some bug spray or something because I basically used whatever I could find to kill it (bleach spray!...and some hairspray when it fell to the ground...for good measure)
4. Hubby has taken off the last week of June so trying to plan some things to do/see during that time. We're in no position for a trip abroad yet (sigh) but still be good to get out of the area.
5. My "little" cousin graduated high school this week. I remember babysitting him and making him peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and him crying about it because I apparently put too much jelly on it. I FEEL OLD.

« Reply #4349 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
1. Received a great review on my work and a recommendation today so I am super happy.
2. I was so excited for this weekend to have date night with the husband to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 5 only to realize that it is NEXT weekend. Sigh...how did I mess that one up?
3. A spider just appeared out of nowhere on my wall and was running full force in my direction. I should really invest in some bug spray or something because I basically used whatever I could find to kill it (bleach spray!...and some hairspray when it fell to the ground...for good measure)
4. Hubby has taken off the last week of June so trying to plan some things to do/see during that time. We're in no position for a trip abroad yet (sigh) but still be good to get out of the area.
5. My "little" cousin graduated high school this week. I remember babysitting him and making him peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and him crying about it because I apparently put too much jelly on it. I FEEL OLD.

Have a Google.  It's either peppermint oil or lavender oil you are supposed to spray around door frames to stop spiders.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab