Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407960 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4350 on: May 26, 2017, 12:23:24 PM »
1.  Baby No Name is a month old tomorrow and weighed in at 5lbs 13 oz!  Up 1lb 9oz since birth.  That's all me.   :)
2.  My parents left this morning.  Had a good time though glad to be a foursome finally.
3.  Thinking of attempting to go to a beach tomorrow but fearing traffic!  Yeah long weekend!
4.  Not looking forward to sleeping in a humid swamp like room tonight. 
5.  Our reclining sofa broke in the fully reclined position.  Not annoying at all when you have a toddler and house full of visitors.  Still awaiting a call back from the after sales people....   ::)

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4351 on: May 26, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
1.  It's too hot!   :\\\'(
2.  My man is home from a week in Poland tonight!
3.  Out to pub after work with the other folk on my course.
4.  I normally drive to work, but I'm on a training course in Glasgow this week, and then have been seconded to a project in Glasgow for the next 3 months, so I'm on the train.  I am missing my car so much!   :\\\'(
5.  Got an earlier train this morning so that I could get a coffee before work... had a gorgeous iced latte from Caffe Nero, and I think everyone at work was jealous.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #4352 on: May 26, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.) I'm seriously all over the country this weekend.  First, Saturday in Edinburgh to meet my mentor for lunch (3.5 hour train journey down and 3.5 hours back up) and then Sunday in Thurso (2.5 hour drive up and 2.5 hour drive back, slow road because it's not even 100 miles away) to play a gig. 

2.) Bank holiday Monday and I shall be working in the allotment.

3.) Hope to get to the Edinburgh Home Brew store on Saturday to get some new strains of yeast and see what interesting hops they have about. 

4.) Trying to make it through the last few hours of work......uggh......... Need to go water down the allotment with this hot weather and then water the veg beds and greenhouse at home. 

5.) Looking forward to sitting in the garden with a nice cold bottle of homebrewed Rye IPA. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #4353 on: June 02, 2017, 10:42:49 AM »
Friday!

1.) It's been a long week.... Feeling a bit burnt out from work at the moment [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) Playing a "Lindy Hop"  gig tomorrow night. Should be fun.   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Staying up to 1am arguing politics on Facebook is never a good idea. I know it's stupid and yet I feel compelled.......   [smiley=computer.gif] [smiley=end.gif]

4.) Lots of gardening to be done. Tis the season.  [smiley=daisy.gif]

5.) Hope to do a bit of mountain biking this weekend too.   [smiley=mickey.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4354 on: June 02, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
1.  It HAS felt a long week, even though we were off on the Monday.
2.  I'm in training in my new job and don't have all the relevant systems/applications linked to my profile, so my life at work is very stressful at the moment.
3.  Anyone been watching Redwater, the Kat & Alfie EastEnders spin-off?  I waited for it for so long, and now it's on, but it is complete and utter mince.  Absolutely stupid.
4.  Brought my lunch in today to save money, but everyone around me is giving themselves a Friday treat, and their food all looks better than mine!
5.  No plans for the weekend...I think I'm just going to vegetate, as most of my drinking friends are in Berlin just now.

« Reply #4355 on: June 02, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
1.  Baby's name still not official but we think we've got it...   ;)
2.  He had his 100% tongue tie snipped today.  Man that was a fight to get done on the NHS!  The woman who did the procedure can't believe I had to fight for it as it was so severe.  Hoping we see some improvements with fussiness and tummy troubles.  Fingers crossed!
3.  Sofa repair guy came today.  Sofa is not fixed but he at least got it out of the recline position!
4.  I'm really trying to not wish away these early days with my baby but DAMN, I WANNA SLEEP AGAIN!
5.  Two Americans who I have become good friends with in my area have put their houses on the market this week.  One returning to the US, the other moving to Scotland.   :\\\'(

« Reply #4356 on: June 09, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
1.  Still in training in my new job, and still stressed over it.
2.  The training has been chaotic, half-arsed, and just generally poor, and if anyone asks me, I am not going to sugar-coat it.
3.  My partner was away down south yesterday, and texted me to say we need to have a serious talk.  He got in too late last night, and I left too early, so this serious talk is still yet to happen, and I'm feeling nervous about it.
4.  No time to pack a lunch so duck & hoisin wraps from Sainsburys for lunch today.
5.  I just paid £2.50 for a packet of Wrigleys pumpkin spice chewing gum.  :o

« Reply #4357 on: June 09, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
Ooo, no one likes a 'talk' Albatross.  Hoping it's something simple!

1.  My baby FINALLY has a name!  Frazer Jones.  Good strong name if you ask me.   ;D

2.  A friend just stopped by for a few hours and it was sooooo nice to have some adult conversation.  I'm not the stay at home parent type.

3.  My cat Sobe seems to have forgiven me for having another baby and has been on my lap all day purring.

4.  My car is having a service and MOT today

5.  Baby went 3 hours between feeding overnight last night!!  Let's hope that trend continues (it won't).   ;D

« Reply #4358 on: June 10, 2017, 06:02:33 PM »

1.  My baby FINALLY has a name!  Frazer Jones.  Good strong name if you ask me.   ;D

So you won the battle!!  ;D

« Reply #4359 on: June 10, 2017, 06:49:23 PM »
So you won the battle!!  ;D

It was no victory, trust me!  But everyone is "somewhat" satisfied.

« Reply #4360 on: June 16, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »
1.  TGIF!  This has felt a LONG week
2.  Talking on Whats App last night with my best friend from high school... she was sending me pics of some of the various posts written in her senior yearbook, and we were having a really good laugh!
3.  I was initially excited about working in Glasgow for a few months, but 4 weeks down the line, I am fed up with the travelling and assorted hassles, and really looking forward to going back to Clydebank end of August.
5.  OH is home from Sheffield tomorrow night, so I'd better get my skates on and get the flat tidied up.  There are piles of shoes everywhere!

« Reply #4361 on: June 16, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
1.  Locked me and the two kids out of the house this morning.  Husband is in London on a course.  Fortunately a friend randomly had a key as one of our "watch the toddler if I go into labour in the middle of the night" and she was here within 30 minutes to let us in!  A key will be hidden outside from now on!

2.  Had a complete meltdown Wednesday night.  Sleep deprivation is real!

3.  Got my info to apply for my refund from tax overpayment with HMRC this morning?   :)

4.  Our local expat meet up group has started a book club.  I bought the book but still haven't opened it.

5.  I really want to get a holiday booked.  Badly!

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4362 on: June 16, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
1. My son and his partner split up so he's moved in with us. His former partner has gone on vacation for two weeks and she's left their three kids with us. My son works full-time so grandma (me) has been taking care of their childcare. The kids are four and a pair of 11-month-old twins. It's been freaking exhausting! Their mother returns today and I am feeling guilty that I'm ready for them to go home!!

2. My sister has been in an abusive marriage for twenty years and she finally left her husband. I found out today that she literally left everything behind and left town. My BIL has been calling me and demanding her return (we live 725 miles apart). I have an idea where she is but the fool is threatening to come to my house to drag her back. And he wonders why she left...

3. I waited all week for Sonic Drive-In to have their $.50 corn dog sale. I drove past Sonic this morning and the sign for the sale was being taken down. The sale was yesterday. Argh!

4. Last week, my husband told me he hated his job and was ready to give up the 31 years he's spent in the telecoms industry to pursue his dream of a photography business. The next day, last Friday, he lost his hated job. Today, we send back all the company computers, the telephones and wireless headsets, the company manuals, industry books back to the company in California. Husband has taken down his framed industry certificates and accolades off the walls. It's definitely the end of an era.

5. My monthly wine clubs come in today. I'm expecting a mixed case and it's made me absolutely giddy. We've had a hard week and I'm ready to drink it away!

Here's to a better week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4363 on: June 23, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
1.    Moved to a different desk in the office.  Now have a clear view of Argyle Street all the way from the Trongate to Queen Street.  Great for people-watching, not great for getting lots of work done!
2.   Went to Glasgow Real Ale Festival last night – had 8 half pints and 1 pint, and have managed to wake up feeling fine. 
3.   All beers last night were excellent, apart from the peppercorn saison, which I hated.
4.   OH will be working at the beer fest all weekend, so looks like I’ll be having a quiet one with snacks and the telly for company.
5.   Next Tuesday is OH’s 60th birthday.  I’ve bought him a nice present, but feel it’s not special enough for such a BIG birthday.  I’ll need to have a further think about this.

• Liked: 1891
Friday Five!
« Reply #4364 on: June 23, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »
Does he want a power kite?  I can help you find a good one.

Here you go:

http://www.powerkiteshop.com/hq_alpha.htm

I would be chuffed to bits to get that for my birthday!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:45:38 PM by jimbocz »

Sponsored Links