Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410669 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4365 on: June 23, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
Albatross, when you try a beer and hate it, do you still finish it?

1.  I've been dealt a tough baby.  Really atruggling some days to put one foot in front of the other.  He's under a paediatrician now and we've got a plan in place to figure out what's bothering him (gastro issues), but we have to make changes one at a time and wait 2 weeks between each...  that's hard when every day is a loooong day.

2.  Wednesday night my husband went up in a 2 seater plane with out next door neighbor who has his pilots license.  He took our daughters favourite stuffed animal and got lots of cute pictures with it.

3.  Had an emergency trip to the vet on Saturday as Copper got a UTI.  Reality hit that my kitties are not so young anymore.   :\\\'(

4.  My UK BFF (American) moved back to the US on Thursday.  Definitely adding to my depressed mood lately.

5.  Currently sat on the sofa watching trashy tv with a baby asleep on my chest and my Sobe cat laying on my legs.   [smiley=smitten.gif]. And the sofa has been repaired, so I can recline once again!   ;D

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4366 on: June 23, 2017, 06:27:36 PM »
Aw, so sorry to hear that!

Both my nephews had extreme milk allergies and had to have a special formula that was basically just amino acids. They couldn't even do breastmilk as their mom wouldn't cut out milk or other dairy products. It took y no the to figure it out with the oldest. Poor kiddo. He's 7 now and doing pretty well. Still a bit on the thin side though. His parents are getting a divorce so they can't help.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4367 on: June 23, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
Albatross, when you try a beer and hate it, do you still finish it?

The thing with real ale is that 99.9% of the time, the pub will let you have a wee taste before you buy. So if it's a brewery or beer I'm not familiar with, I go with that option.  But on the odd occasion where I'm served a pint of something that's not to my taste, I usually pass it over to my OH and go get myself something else.  Being served a bad/off pint, though.... i'd take it back to the bar and tell them it's off or getting too close to the yeast and yukkies at the bottom of the barrel, and they'll let me choose something else.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:35:45 PM by Albatross »

« Reply #4368 on: June 23, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Aw, so sorry to hear that!

Both my nephews had extreme milk allergies and had to have a special formula that was basically just amino acids. They couldn't even do breastmilk as their mom wouldn't cut out milk or other dairy products. It took y no the to figure it out with the oldest. Poor kiddo. He's 7 now and doing pretty well. Still a bit on the thin side though. His parents are getting a divorce so they can't help.

My daughter has a dairy allergy so I was watching closely for it.  I've been dairy free for 3 weeks now and soya free for 2 days...  we shall see.  I didn't think we had an improvement from the dairy free.  The paediatrician wanted me to reintroduce dairy into my diet last week to see if he was worse.  I wanted to keep my milk clean, so we gave him a bottle of formula at the weekend.  Safe to say not one drop stayed down!  Paediatrician has declared a dairy allergy based on that.  He's been VERY unhappy this week.  Got a prescription formula today to trial this weekend...  I'm not sure we will!

We've got Adele tickets for next Sunday...  I've got to figure something out as we've managed to get a babysitter!

« Reply #4369 on: June 23, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »
My daughter has a dairy allergy so I was watching closely for it.  I've been dairy free for 3 weeks now and soya free for 2 days...  we shall see.  I didn't think we had an improvement from the dairy free.  The paediatrician wanted me to reintroduce dairy into my diet last week to see if he was worse.  I wanted to keep my milk clean, so we gave him a bottle of formula at the weekend.  Safe to say not one drop stayed down!  Paediatrician has declared a dairy allergy based on that.  He's been VERY unhappy this week.  Got a prescription formula today to trial this weekend...  I'm not sure we will!

We've got Adele tickets for next Sunday...  I've got to figure something out as we've managed to get a babysitter!

Poor little one! That sounds really rough for him. Is it one that's just amino acids? It smells horrific, but it worked really well for my nephews. There really isnt anything in it to be allergic too. The oldest was worse than the younger. He had to be kept sitting up because he was constantly spitting up. He was a happy little one other than that though.

I hope you guys are able to work it all out! I'd help, but I'm a bit far away.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4370 on: June 23, 2017, 08:33:25 PM »
Poor little one! That sounds really rough for him. Is it one that's just amino acids? It smells horrific, but it worked really well for my nephews. There really isnt anything in it to be allergic too. The oldest was worse than the younger. He had to be kept sitting up because he was constantly spitting up. He was a happy little one other than that though.

I hope you guys are able to work it all out! I'd help, but I'm a bit far away.

No, we are on a cheap one to start with (it's the NHS after all).  This is broken down milk protein but does contain soya...  so might give it another week or two before trying it!

« Reply #4371 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »
No, we are on a cheap one to start with (it's the NHS after all).  This is broken down milk protein but does contain soya...  so might give it another week or two before trying it!

That makes no sense... milk protein is milk protein. If that's what's causing the allergy why give him that? I get it's a money thing, but geeze. Nephews had a prescription for the formula so they paid for it, but it was cheaper.

« Reply #4372 on: June 30, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
1.    My man is off to Dusseldorf for the weekend to see Kraftwerk… AGAIN.
2.   There was just a huge herring gull at my window, staring at me!  I desperately wanted to get a photo of him, but when I ver-r-r-r-r-y  slowly moved to try to get my camera, he took off.  Magnificent beast!
3.   Currently reading a book called Breakfast is a Dangerous Meal
4.   I have the cheek to be reading such a book while I sit here and devour an Egg McMuffin.
5.   Thinking of getting a giant pizza tonight, which will last me for meals the entire weekend, so I can just be a couch-slug.

« Reply #4373 on: June 30, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »
Sounds like a weekend I would love!

1.  We think we may have fixed our baby.  Which means we may be able to venture into public once again!

2.  First date night since #2 came on the scene Sunday.  VIP tickets to Adele at Wembley.  We hope our little man is cool with us being gone and doesn't spend 8 hours screaming....   :o

3.  My husband sees the GP about his referral to ensure no more children can be produced!   ;D

4.  On Tuesday I am going to my daughters nursery to do 4th of July stuff with them.

5.  Gonna brush my cats tonight!  Wild Friday night around here!

« Reply #4374 on: July 07, 2017, 07:44:13 AM »
1.  Great photo opportunity this morning, with some cows sticking their heads over the stone wall... and there were no cars behind me, so I was able to stop and snap them.

2.  I think one of my colleagues got sacked yesterday... waiting for our morning meeting to hear it officially.  I feel sorry for him, but he really was rubbish.  :(

3.  Stopped at the bakery and got a sugar doughnut, hot out of the fryer!

4.  No plans for Saturday, but hairdresser on Sunday

5.  I just put some bits of chicken out on the window ledge at work, and 3 herring gulls swooped down to pick them up.  My colleague, who for some reason is afraid of birds, screamed blue murder and jumped out of her seat.

« Reply #4375 on: July 07, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
1.  Sitting in the US embassy registering the new one

2.  Grateful I don't live in London or have to commute here daily

3.  Hopeful we'll be quick and have a day out in London as the weather is beautiful

4.  Book club last night and I finally got to meet KissofDeath in real life!

5.  My cleaner starts weekly as of today.  Looking forward to going home to a clean house!

« Reply #4376 on: July 14, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
1.   Finishing up at work today for my fortnight’s hols! 
2.   We’re going, mob-handed, to swill cask ale for a week in Manchester, Sheffield & Huddersfield.
3.   It should be noted that of those 3 places, 2 of them have TACO BELL!!!
4.   Serious diet starts when I get home.
5.   So much to do at work before I finish, so I’d better get off UKY… ‘ciao for now’!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4377 on: July 14, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »
3.   It should be noted that of those 3 places, 2 of them have TACO BELL!!!

Oh my gawd, I'm living vicariously through you for the next week.

Out of curiosity, does UK Taco Bell have real Mountain Dew?  Or any Mountain Dew?  Or Hawaiian Punch?  I'm not a Pepsi drinker, so when I worked at Taco Bell during undergrad, I got addicted to Mountain Dew.  Now I can't imagine eating there and drinking anything else.  But, I mean, I could probably try....
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #4378 on: July 14, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »
Oh my gawd, I'm living vicariously through you for the next week.

Out of curiosity, does UK Taco Bell have real Mountain Dew?  Or any Mountain Dew?  Or Hawaiian Punch?  I'm not a Pepsi drinker, so when I worked at Taco Bell during undergrad, I got addicted to Mountain Dew.  Now I can't imagine eating there and drinking anything else.  But, I mean, I could probably try....

I don't know, but I will have a look and report back.  I drink Pepsi Max, so I never look at anything else...

« Reply #4379 on: July 14, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
1.  My first day with two kids on my own!  Sometimes I miss life before kids.   ;D
2.  Saw Despicable Me 3 yesterday and really liked it.
3.  Meeting some friends this afternoon.
4.  Have no idea what we are doing this weekend.
5.  Hoping the weekend involves me having a shower BY MYSELF!   :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab