Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407877 times)

• Liked: 584
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4395 on: August 18, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »
1.  Missed last Friday's 'Five', as I was in hospital, having an op on my foot.
2.  Sutures out next Tuesday, so should be back to normal by then.
3.  PAYDAY TODAY!
4.  Going to a barrel party tomorrow... not sure what the barrel is, though.  Something German that's likely to be too cold and gassy for me, but it's nice to be invited.
5.  Only 3 more weeks working in Glasgow, then it's back to Clydebank, which is so much more convenient for me.  YAY!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4396 on: August 18, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
Great Albatross, get well soon and enjoy your barrel.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4397 on: August 18, 2017, 11:19:18 AM »
1.  Our tenant wants to know if we want to sell our rental property.  I think it's worth exploring.

2.  My birthday is Sunday

3.  Tomorrow we are going to a farm where "if you catch it, you can hold it."  I can't wait!  I'll probably get thrown out.

4.  I've made a light start to packing for the USA.  This is huge as normally I pack right before.  I hate packing!

5.  Love the baby but I'm desperate for a break.   ;D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4398 on: August 18, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »
3.  Tomorrow we are going to a farm where "if you catch it, you can hold it."  I can't wait!  I'll probably get thrown out.

I totally just imagined something like this:

9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #4399 on: August 18, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
I totally just imagined something like this:

Everyone who has ever met me real life has said I am her.   ;D  I do love animals!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #4400 on: August 18, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »
Hope your foot is feeling better Albatross!

LOL!! Sounds awesome!

Here's my Friday Five:
1.) I have a broody chicken that we're trying to break. Poor thing is desperately laying in the nest box trying to hatch eggs.  So even though we keep removing them, she lays on phantom eggs and of course has no idea that the ones she's laying on are unfertilised.  We've tried locking her out of the nest box, but that locks the other girls out too and therefore, they lay their eggs elsewhere, so she just moves to them. She's not laying herself when broody. So we're going to try a few more things.  I am just worried she's not getting up to eat or drink or to have dust baths. [smiley=anxious.gif]

2.)  Plan is to make a 60 Minute IPA this weekend.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Rain, rain, rain and more rain...uggh....  no summer at all!! ::)

4.) Playing the game of politics at work.  [smiley=argue.gif] :-X :-\\\\

5.) Getting lots of nice veggie and fruit harvests from the garden and allotment.  Time to plant the autumn stuff!   [smiley=daisy.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4401 on: August 18, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
Hope your foot is feeling better Albatross!

LOL!! Sounds awesome!

Here's my Friday Five:
1.) I have a broody chicken that we're trying to break. Poor thing is desperately laying in the nest box trying to hatch eggs.  So even though we keep removing them, she lays on phantom eggs and of course has no idea that the ones she's laying on are unfertilised.  We've tried locking her out of the nest box, but that locks the other girls out too and therefore, they lay their eggs elsewhere, so she just moves to them. She's not laying herself when broody. So we're going to try a few more things.  I am just worried she's not getting up to eat or drink or to have dust baths. [smiley=anxious.gif]

2.)  Plan is to make a 60 Minute IPA this weekend.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Rain, rain, rain and more rain...uggh....  no summer at all!! ::)

4.) Playing the game of politics at work.  [smiley=argue.gif] :-X :-\\\\

5.) Getting lots of nice veggie and fruit harvests from the garden and allotment.  Time to plant the autumn stuff!   [smiley=daisy.gif]

PB, do your chickens have names?  Here's hoping she is taking care of herself as good as she's taking care of her "eggs".   :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4402 on: August 18, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
We have four chickens , so not a huge flock.  They're all very friendly and funny.

This one that is sitting on the eggs is 'Einstein' because she's the bottom of the pecking order and is not very bright. But she is a sweet girl! 

The leader is called 'Squawker', being extremely vocal sometimes and loves attention. 

I've taken to calling one 'Rexie' because she reminds me of a Jurassic Park dinosaur. 

The other one hasn't endeared herself to any name yet, though she kind of reminds me of a squeaky toy/rubber chicken (she's got a kind of bare area of thin feathers on her neck).  But I haven't translated that to a name yet.     
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4403 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:18 PM »
We have four chickens , so not a huge flock.  They're all very friendly and funny.

This one that is sitting on the eggs is 'Einstein' because she's the bottom of the pecking order and is not very bright. But she is a sweet girl! 

The leader is called 'Squawker', being extremely vocal sometimes and loves attention. 

I've taken to calling one 'Rexie' because she reminds me of a Jurassic Park dinosaur. 

The other one hasn't endeared herself to any name yet, though she kind of reminds me of a squeaky toy/rubber chicken (she's got a kind of bare area of thin feathers on her neck).  But I haven't translated that to a name yet.   

Love it!  I'm now trying to think of chicken names.... hmmm....

« Reply #4404 on: August 18, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »

I think a rubber chicken ought to be called Stretch.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4405 on: August 18, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
Ooh Stretch! I like it!
 ;D
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4406 on: August 25, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
1.. Got the sutures taken out of my foot this morning... FREEEEEDOM!
2.  Woohoo... my OH is getting me an Amazon Prime membership for my upcoming birthday!
3.  Got 2 homechecks to do for the greyhound rescue this weekend.... how come everyone is getting hounds EXCEPT ME???  :\\\'( It's not fair.
4.  We've got a pretty good busker outside today.  I'm not crazy about his voice, but his choice of songs is really good.
5.  My friend has just sprayed me with a perfume she got for £8 out of Primark that smells just like Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir!!!  Got to go get some!

« Reply #4407 on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »
1.. Got the sutures taken out of my foot this morning... FREEEEEDOM!
2.  Woohoo... my OH is getting me an Amazon Prime membership for my upcoming birthday!
3.  Got 2 homechecks to do for the greyhound rescue this weekend.... how come everyone is getting hounds EXCEPT ME???  :\\\'( It's not fair.
4.  We've got a pretty good busker outside today.  I'm not crazy about his voice, but his choice of songs is really good.
5.  My friend has just sprayed me with a perfume she got for £8 out of Primark that smells just like Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir!!!  Got to go get some!

Suture removal is the greatest!  I had surgery that involved a lot of stitches on my scalp 15 years ago, and the incision site hurt (a constant pulling/tugging sensation, with occasional twinges of pain) for the whole two weeks between the op and the suture removal.  Such a relief.  Yay for you!

I was ambivalent about Prime until we got it.  Now I absolutely love it.  We got it last year during the reduced promo for the new "Top Gear"-like show, and this year we renewed it because we like it.  Happy upcoming birthday!

No friend of mine would remain a friend if they sprayed me with perfume!  But it worked out for you, so yay!  And £8 is entirely reasonable, considering designer prices.  :)

My five...

1. My husband comes home tonight!

2. We live for the weekend, and this is a bank holiday weekend!  Bonus time!

3. Only 30 weeks 'til I can book my ILR appointment, which means only 36 weeks 'til I (hope) to apply for ILR (in person)!

4. I have booked in my LiUK test for 3-1/2 weeks from now (19 September), and I feel reasonably prepared.  If I don't pass, I'll have plenty of time to throw another £50 at them before my ILR application.  I need to better familiarize myself with famous people, the monarchs, and the patron saints.  (Why is that even a thing?!)

5. Teatime noms for the long weekend will be our Friday night favourite of "Chick'n'fennel" (formerly Chick'n'chicory, but it's hard to get chicory where we live), Mexican platter, grilled chicken with grilled fruit and veg (including pineapple, tomatoes, broccoli, red pepper, corn on the cob, and potato slices), and some kind of braised/stewed beef dish... probably either bœuf bourguignon or chili, though I do still have the other half of a brisket in the freezer, so it could be just a pot roast.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4408 on: August 25, 2017, 02:27:42 PM »
Happy Friday!

Yay for sutures being out.  Yay for seeing husbands again.

:D

Hmm, lets see Friday Five:

1.) Playing a gig on Sunday afternoon.

2.) We're going out tomorrow to garden centres to scour for end of season (cheap) perennials for next season.

3.)  Just ate some yummy shortbread that my coworker made.

4.)  Have been eating homegrown tomatoes this week. Heavenly.  I grow them hydroponically in my greenhouse.

5.)  Doing lots of thinking and soul searching lately. No answers, but interesting anyways. 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4409 on: August 25, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »
1.) Playing a gig on Sunday afternoon.

4.)  Have been eating homegrown tomatoes this week. Heavenly.  I grow them hydroponically in my greenhouse.

Ooh, home brewing and you're in a band?  What kind of music?

And my neighbor brought me some homegrown tomatoes this week!  She even brought them before I placed my grocery order, so I was able to leave tomatoes off my list.  I so so want to get into hydroponics, and tomatoes are my primary reason.  But I also want to grow various chilies, and if I get into pickling, okra too.  But the greenhouse (which will someday go in the back part of the stableyard we don't use because the stables are now a workshop) is probably a few years down the line.  But I'm going to remember you when it's brain-picking time!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab