Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407966 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4770 on: February 12, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »
That's excellent news!  Isn't it bizarre how you can hear high pitched sound again?  Can you hear KIMBERLEY'S mouse?

Loving the "Hail Jimbo".  I'm ready to start giving visa advice now.

I was beyond not being able to hear high pitches, I couldn't hear anything.  I was starting to avoid social situations as I was always asking people to repeat themselves.  Seriously, it's incredible. 

The only down side is I hear the baby when he wakes at night now.  For the last couple of months, he didn't always wake me.  Hee hee.  Husband had to get up. 

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4771 on: February 13, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
The only down side is I hear the baby when he wakes at night now.  For the last couple of months, he didn't always wake me.  Hee hee.  Husband had to get up.

It was your body's natural defense system kicking in after the parasite baby was evacuated.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #4772 on: February 16, 2018, 09:57:06 AM »
1.  Today is Mommy/Daughter day!  At the nearly 4 year old's request, we are riding the bus (and finding the highest seat we can find) to the ice skating rink, attempting ice skating for the first time, going for lunch with a friend, and then riding a train with the friend.   I was going to plan this elaborate day to London for afternoon tea!  I love how the little things make her so excited.

2.  Unfortunately said daughter is a bit under the weather and came home from nursery with a fever yesterday (very very low but really not herself).  She's MUCH better today but will be pumping her full of meds.  She is refusing to say she doesn't feel 100% in fear that we won't go on our adventure.  :)

3.  I rented a Rug Doctor this week to clean the carpets.  They look fabulous but have that awful "drying" smell. YUCK.

4.  Last weekend of maternity leave.  :(

5.  The baby is sitting up!!!!  My daughter couldn't sit independent until she was ONE.  So while a very late bloomer with sitting up - he can do it!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #4773 on: February 16, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
Enjoy your fabulous day KFDancer!!!

1.) Muddling through the fog that is work. Nothing is clear and it's all chaotic at the moment. Stressful and no fun.

2.) Hubby is on a mission to continue painting the rest of the house........

3.) We've got the potential to get a piano off hubby's boss. His MIL passed away and she was a piano player. I've only got a keyboard, but to get a proper piano to set up in my living room would be amazing.  Hopefully it will be going cheap and all that. 

4.) I've got propagators and grow lights all setup with the first batches of seeds for this growing season.  All happening!

5.)  I think I need more coffee.  I've got that headache, zombie feeling. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4774 on: February 16, 2018, 12:17:27 PM »
Aww! Mommy/daughter day sounds like fun!  Enjoy your adventure, KF!

PB, regarding #2:  Did you get that signed disclaimer?  You're not obligated!

My five:

1.  My husband comes home tonight!  And someday (soon?) I won't have to say this anymore.

2.  The forecast for tomorrow looks favourable for pizza ovens, so I'm going to make some dough today and let it cold-prove in the 'fridge overnight.  I randomly bought extra tomatoes this week, too, so we can have all the tasty noms.  I regret my decision to omit the chorizo I looked at from my grocery order.  OOoh! But I have ham slices and a tin of pineapples!  (Shush, you haters.. pineapple on pizza is of the gods!)  YAY for pizza noms!

3.  On Monday, my husband woke up at 4:30 to no internet but didn't have time to fix it.  So he left for Salisbury, and I woke up 5 hours later to no internet.  I expected it to fix itself (it had happened one day last week, too), so on Monday I did nothing.  On Tuesday, I woke up to no internet still.  So I spent 5 hours standing in the one spot in my house where I get mobile signal, texting back and forth with tech support before I had internet.  The rest of Tuesday and all day Wednesday were fine... Thursday I woke up to no internet.  Another couple of hours standing in the corner with tech support, and swapping out the modem/router, and I have internet again.  But now our network is split in two, and I can't view the security cameras unless I log into the other network or I go to the Comm Centre (the spare bedroom where the camera network hub is located... I jokingly call it the Comm Centre because with the big monitor on, it looks like those security rooms in films).  It's been an annoying week, but at least I'm online.

4.  Last week, my husband and I were inspired by Raymond Blanc and attempted to make a thing.  At every step of the way, we experienced ... challenges (I'm sure the rum-enhanced chocolate milkshake had nothing to do with it!).  Misinterpreting instructions, missing ingredients, things just not going to plan... *headshake*  But the result was good enough (and so pretty!), so I bought the proper ingredients, and we will try again.  Here's a photo of last week's attempt... we made spun sugar (not in the original recipe, but we had to make up for other mishaps):

The next attempt will have a higher chocolate goo-to-base ratio, and it will have the coffee foam on top instead of over-whipped cream.

5.  Three days ago, my husband told me that when he was just about to drift off to sleep the night before, he was suddenly struck by an idea that has caused him to completely re-think our plans for our house.  But it was more than he could be bothered to tap out on his phone (our primary communication during the week is emails because I don't get mobile signal in the house), so he is waiting 'til he's home to tell me.  This is earth-shattering news, and I've had to wait three whole days to find out what it is.  It better be worth this suspense!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4775 on: February 16, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
I have ham slices and a tin of pineapples!  pineapple on pizza is of the gods!
Somebody call Mensa, I demand a retest!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #4776 on: February 16, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »
PB, regarding #2:  Did you get that signed disclaimer?  You're not obligated!

Not signed, but I'm definitely not obligated. He painted again all last weekend and except for me helping shift the heavy bits of furniture, I did not one part of it!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Yesssssss , pineapple on pizza!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4777 on: February 16, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »
Somebody call Mensa, I demand a retest!

I submit the following evidence:

Yesssssss , pineapple on pizza!!

So, you see, Jimbo?  I'm a genius, and pineapple pizza is delicious.  :P

« Reply #4778 on: February 16, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »
Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, even if she has excellent taste in bands and beer. 

« Reply #4779 on: February 16, 2018, 02:00:35 PM »
Pineapple on pizza here!!!  Jimbo - the cheese stands alone.

JF, I hope yours is worth the wait.  My husband told me when I got citizenship he had a gift idea but that he didn't have it yet.  I got my gift yesterday after a six week wait.  Ready for it?  An umbrella.  A bog standard black umbrella.  I appreciate the thought and gesture but WTH did I wait six weeks?   ;)

« Reply #4780 on: February 16, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »
Give the guy some slack, it's a joke.  Like you'll fit in now that you have an umbrella like everyone else.  He's officially welcoming you to the tribe, you should be honoured.

Friday Five!
« Reply #4781 on: February 16, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »
It's the British dry sense of humour.  Wasn't that covered in the life in the UK test?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:11:59 PM by jimbocz »

« Reply #4782 on: February 16, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »
Pineapple on pizza here!!!  Jimbo - the cheese stands alone.

JF, I hope yours is worth the wait.  My husband told me when I got citizenship he had a gift idea but that he didn't have it yet.  I got my gift yesterday after a six week wait.  Ready for it?  An umbrella.  A bog standard black umbrella.  I appreciate the thought and gesture but WTH did I wait six weeks?   ;)

Pineapple pizza is excellent!  The only other pizza topping I really like is tomato slices.  So, basically, I like fruit on my pizza.  Oh.  I should've got some black olives.  When I was a small child, my family went to Shakey's in Monterey, California, and they randomly ordered a thin crust black olive pizza.  (Usually we got a 'traditional' crust with pepperoni, but not this time for some reason.)  I was a very small child, and a picky eater, and I remember deciding to hate it.  But then years later, I remembered the flavour and craved it.  I could go for that now.

I get the umbrella gift.  I get not having a gift show up in time.  I don't get taking six weeks for an umbrella gift to show up.  Does the handle pull out to reveal a dagger?  Does it shoot poisoned (or not poisoned) darts out of the top?  Like... what's special about this one?

« Reply #4783 on: February 16, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
Give the guy some slack, it's a joke.  Like you'll fit in now that you have an umbrella like everyone else.  He's officially welcoming you to the tribe, you should be honoured.

I’ve cut him slack.  And I laughed.  But what was the six week wait?   ;D

« Reply #4784 on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
I’ve cut him slack.  And I laughed.  But what was the six week wait?   ;D

Seriously check for hidden daggers or dart-shooters.  There must be some explanation for it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab