Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Yay!  (Read 1327 times)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Yay!
« on: February 20, 2004, 03:43:58 PM »
Today I've resigned the crap job I'm currently stuck in. Yay!

I've been offered a job as a legal secretary (something I wanted to get into) and within 4 looong weeks I'll get to start.

Yay!

I'm a happy bouncy person now.  ;D
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
Re: Yay!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 03:52:27 PM »
Hooray for you!  ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Resigning from stinky jobs is the best feeling...especially if you have something waiting that is more interesting.

What sort of law firm are you going to? I think legal work is rather easy to pick up as it's not much different than doing regular secretarial work...just a harder market to break into!

Congrats! [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 03:52:37 PM »
Hooray for you!  ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Resigning from stinky jobs is the best feeling...especially if you have something waiting that is more interesting.

What sort of law firm are you going to? I think legal work is rather easy to pick up as it's not much different than doing regular secretarial work...just a harder market to break into!

Congrats! [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 03:54:52 PM »
I'm seeing double.  [smiley=dizzy2.gif] Could it be all the beer from the beer festival last night??  ::)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 04:20:59 PM »
It's a *cough cough* personal injury firm.

I kept thinking 'ambulance chaser... ambulance chaser' thoughout the interview  :D but it's a well reputable firm and they're paying me good money.  ;D

yay!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 05:06:45 PM »
LOL! I'm beginning to think those are the only types of firms in this country!!!  ;)

Leeds then. The only ones I can think of there are Irwin Mitchell or Cogent (Praxis Partners). I work at Corries so be nice to me if I call!  ;D I did some of the PI stuff in our firm and didn't really care much for that aspect.  :-X I do RTA small claims defence files now. Not much more respectable but a bit more interesting, I think.  :)

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 05:16:17 PM »
Congrats!  I gave notice here in Boston (to leave end of July) because we need to train someone and my partner has a LOT to learn about the events i plan before i go.

I am nervous about finding a decent job when i get over there, and half of me would be happy to take another job with the company i'm in now.  (they're going to help me and see if their are opps closer to when i'd move).

Once again, hooray!   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab