Sponsored Links

Topic: Good News!  (Read 2862 times)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Good News!
« on: May 10, 2002, 04:29:43 PM »
2 things:

1. I called the IRS last night. Funny how a sentence like that can begin a paragraph about good news, dontcha think? Anyway, I called to get the mailing address of where to send what I owe. I didn't send it along with my return in April because I'm poor as an armpit right now ans just didn't have it on me. So I called them and the lady said "Oh, well let me look at your file to make sure you're sending in the right amount" = turns out, I'm getting a refund! Had no idea! Last year when the gov't sent out refunds to everyone I got a letter saying "Sorry Charlie you don't qualify, you don't get the $300" Well, apparently they were wrong and fixed their mistake, so they are taking the money I owed them this year (Only $125 thank God) and deducting it from the $300 - so I get $175 in the mail in two weeks!!! Which frees up a LOT of money for me - And it means I'm able to pay off one of my debts NOW rather than in 4 weeks! I'm so thrilled about this. I've been terrified about my finances and getting everything paid off before I go... and this is such a blessing for me! *sigh*

2. I also called Ford about my car. My parents are talking about either renting my car or buying it from me outright... but it's only worth $3,500 and I though I owed $6,500 on it. So I called last night to get my payoff balance and it's only $5,750! Rock on! What does this mean? My parents are **that** much more likely to actually buy my little thing now!

Okay okay... so that was all a little personal about money and stuff, but I don't care. It's no secret that I'm struggling to pay off my final debts before I go to the UK, to be a Free Bird (cue guitar solo), and these two things are just thrilling to me.

I go home (to Indiana) this weekend to visit with mom and put some things in storage already - and I'll know for sure Monday about the car! Ahh!  [smiley=anxious.gif]
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
  • Liked: 0
Re: Good News!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2002, 04:40:46 PM »
Me too.  I think the thing I worried about the most was my financial situation prior to leaving the NY.  I worked my tail off the last 3 months doing so much O.T.  I didn't want to go to the UK with ANY credit cards debts.  It might have been a little stressful but it was WELL WORTH IT.  All cards are zero balance and I don't have to worry about paying any bills with the exception of my car insurance of course.  But that's peanuts.  It's a good feeling and a great accomplishment knowing all the credit cards are paid off and a first for me.  ;D
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• Liked: 24
Re: Good News!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2002, 04:44:01 PM »
Hey, great news Sara!

[smiley=balloon.gif]

The finacial bits are the worst parts about moving I think. My parents saved my rear more than a few times. What would we do without them huh? Best take good care of them when they're old.

If you've been working this year, you'll have to file a return next spring, and probably get another refund.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab