Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Did anyone transfer within their company?  (Read 1053 times)

• Liked: 1
Did anyone transfer within their company?
« on: February 20, 2004, 05:24:10 PM »
The product i work for here has an offshore equivalent in London.  I know the MD of that office and my MD (managing director) is putting the word out to him and others within the firm that i will be relocating in September.

My question, have any of you done this?  I'd like to more and mroe because i could still contribute to my 401K (since we're moving back here in 2-3 years) and it would be good bennies.  If you did do it, how did the salaries match up?

I'd hate to move and make less than i do now.  I know that's something i'd deal with if i had to start over but i'm wondering if your company matched what you had if it was an equivalent job.

Also, i've been in this position for 5 years so ideally i'd like an upward move but since i'd be chaning countries and would have to learn about european finance, i don't see that happening.  :P

• Liked: 0
Re: Did anyone transfer within their company?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 08:47:38 PM »
DH took a new position with the UK/Ireland branch of his company.  He was offered what was the equivalent salary as he made in the US (factored using the exchange rate at the time of the offer,) but due to the huge difference in cost of living between Minnesota and Surrey, he really ended up taking a  pay cut.  But now, with the exchange rate so favorable for the pound, I guess he now has a raise, LOL!  Seriously, the COL is very high for London and surrounding areas, so see if you can get that figured in to your salary calculations.  Here's one international salary calculator that I've used: http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/intsalcalc.html

• Liked: 0
Re: Did anyone transfer within their company?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 06:21:02 AM »
I'm hopeful I can. I keep checking our intranet to see if there are any vacancies other than sales reps. So far, nothing!--yet LOL

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab