Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello  (Read 1473 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello
« on: October 22, 2002, 02:15:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
new to the site. Im from Highland Park Los Angeles. Ive been living in lancs for 15 yrs with my local wife. Came here in 87. After all these years I still feel like a foreigner sometimes. Would like to hear from other angelenos etc. Just been made redundant. Anyone watching the freeway series?

• En Vino Veritas
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 02:30:43 PM »
World Series ?!
Was that a World Series reference I read ?? Be Still My Heart...Yeah!!!!

Hi Dennis, and welcome to the board. I'm Red and a former Californian, not So Cal though. I'm from that city up north that's going to win the series this year  [smiley=devilish.gif] ;) [smiley=devilish.gif]

Make yourself at home here, it's a great group of folks. I'm always here if you want to talk baseball (of course I'm a little biased)  :D
Welcome Again.
Red

Go Giants
(Forgive me...way too much coffee to counter my late night viewing of Game 2)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 02:31:12 PM by feistylilredhead »
You're a daisy if you do........

• Maine to London
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 02:58:14 PM »
welcome dennis  ;D

I unfortunately do not have the ability to watch the world series so I cannot comment.  That said, I still wanted to welcome you.  I am sure you will enjoy the forum as much as I have.  

Cheers
expat  ;)
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:21:01 PM »
Hello Dennis
I am also a Bay Area gal so no help there but by coincidence, I meet a man from LA today at my son's toddler group. His name was Chad - that should have been the giveaway that he wasn't a Brit.

I was going to tell him about this board but I ran out of time. I'll let him know that if he wants to chat with fellow male Angelenos - here's the place.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 03:56:42 PM »
Hello Dennis,

I'd like to welcome you to the forum...  Being on the East coast...I can not share in your world series joy...  LOL, shoot, I am so out of the loop I do not even know who is playing except I believe one team is the Angels?  Our TV is mostly comprised of news alerts with a sniper on the loose.

anyway again welcome....

Michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 06:51:35 PM »
Hi Dennis. Welcome to the forum. :)
I've watched a little bit of the World Series..ok just part of a game when I was at my mom's house and her husband was watching it. I'm (eek...gasp :o) not much of a baseball fan. :-[ How very un-American of me...lol. :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab