Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: abc1  (Read 3661 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
abc1
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
What is the point of this channel? All they ever seem to show is 8 Simple Rules and Home Improvement. This channel and FiveUS are real disappointments.  :P
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 6
Re: abc1
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:59 PM »
ABC1 is my fall back channel to watch when there is NOTHING on tv and I'm too lazy to do anything productive.  Other than that, it's shite [smiley=laugh4.gif]
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »
Well since Home Improvement is dh's favorite show of all times it is on a lot at our house.  

I would like to know what is the point of half of the kid show channels as everything on there is crap and I'm glad my dd can't read yet to request them.  The answer will be no when she can.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
FiveUS occasionally repeats American shows that I missed when they aired on Five - but it doesn't happen often. And I did catch all the Less Than Perfect episodes on ABC1 that I'd missed. But mostly it does seem as if they repeat episodes of the same few programmes over and over and over again.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »
FiveUS occasionally repeats American shows that I missed when they aired on Five - but it doesn't happen often. And I did catch all the Less Than Perfect episodes on ABC1 that I'd missed. But mostly it does seem as if they repeat episodes of the same few programmes over and over and over again.

I didnt know that FiveUS had Less Than Perfect. I have been watching that on Paramount channel during the afternoon & it is on again at 6 pm as well.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:17:16 AM »
ABC! would be ok in my book if they played my soap.  Would it even cost them anything?  They already make it, just air it, even in the middle of the afternoon when the channel is now off the air.  They can't be getting much money from ads, they just play the same three shows.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:08:31 AM »
They used to have GH, but got rid of it last year right after Sky got the channel.  I boycot it now since they did that!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:10:24 AM »
ABC1 hasn't had anything new on since Commander in Chief last year and that got canned.  Sometimes I watch Ellen but that's about it for that channel. They might as well call it the Home Improvement Channel!

• Snaps
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 08:10:42 AM »
I didnt know that FiveUS had Less Than Perfect.

ABC1, not FiveUS.  :)

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »

I remember when ABC1 came out a few years ago and I was excited (only had Freeview at the time) but am surprised to see that they are still running the same old stuff 3 yrs on? Eight Simple Rules I thought was ok (loved John Ritter) and liked the show Time and Again. Home Improvement always had marathon weekends.....gag! (Sorry I know I am in the minority).

Bottom line, their programing is a bit weird.   ::) Its a bit of a worthless channel....in a way.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »
I can't stand acb1--that show Hope and Faith drives me nuts!

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »
Im like yankee angel.
 I watch it when theres nothing else on, or I'm too lazy to watch anything else.

But atleast they are showing first season ghost whisperer now...atleast thats somethign differant then home improvement,8 rules,hope and faith and less then perfect!

• Snaps
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »
that show Hope and Faith drives me nuts!

I tried watching it because I'd always liked Kelly Ripa on AMC, but Hope and Faith is awful! I never realised such bad acting existed!

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 10:33:14 AM »
I tried watching it because I'd always liked Kelly Ripa on AMC, but Hope and Faith is awful! I never realised such bad acting existed!

Tell me about it!  AWFUL!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 12:57:49 PM »
The only redeeming thing about abc1 is that they show Scrubs. Although, since they also show Scrubs 5 x a day on E4, I think I could do without it.

But seriously, who does enjoy Hope & Faith? It's been on for a while, and given how hard it is to get/keep shows on the air, I have to imagine that it has a fan base. I just can't imagine who that might be.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab