Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Snoop Dogg denied work visa  (Read 3726 times)

• Liked: 0
Snoop Dogg denied work visa
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6491317.stm

See, it's not just us regular folks who have to jump through immigration hoops.  But I bet you that the rejection mattered a lot less to him than it would to most of us.  And I bet he had someone else doing all the hard and confusing paperwork.

Re: Snoop Dogg denied work visa
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »
I'd heard they'd cancelled their tour, but I didn't realize it was because he couldn't get entry.  It has to be due to his arrest record - the man can't seem to keep out of trouble.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »
Apparently the last time he was in Britain; some of his entourage got into a scuffle with airport security and the police.  Some of them only had regular tickets and weren't allowed to go in the first class lounge with the rest of the group. ::)
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:11:34 PM »
It's funny, you never think about what kind of visas they have to get in order to do their world tours. Celebrities are always jet-setting around to various places, but I never considered them having to get visas! If he has a record, I don't blame the UK for refusing him.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:21:55 PM »
I saw this earlier.  He had the scuffle with security at Heathrow, had been held in Stockholm for possible drug charges, and he has (I think) 3 pending cases in the US.  Hmmmmmm... I just don't know why he's not being let in!   ::)

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:27:36 PM »
I saw this earlier.  He had the scuffle with security at Heathrow, had been held in Stockholm for possible drug charges, and he has (I think) 3 pending cases in the US.  Hmmmmmm... I just don't know why he's not being let in!   ::)

You'd think that they would verify his work visa BEFORE selling tickets! I can see why fans would be upset!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:33:34 PM »
I definitely feel sorry for those who bought tickets!  His manager or whatever probably should have secured clearance for him before letting the dates be known to the public.  But at the same time, I wonder how long they get entry clearance.  And can't you only get entry clearance three months ahead?  I suppose that would make it difficult if they couldn't see the tickets earlier than three months before the concert.  Then again, I've not been to a concert for a long time, so they may actually sell them closer to the date than I am thinking.  Still, yes, the fans definitely suffered most. 

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:38:20 PM »
Those are good points, and I am not sure. I think that if it were possible for him to get clearance 3 months early, they should have done that while securing possible venues. After both performers had clearance, then they could sell tickets. I don't know how long out they usually sell them though. I think for domestic concerts (ie: people from the same country they're performing in) it's probably more than possible to sell tickets months in advance. I really don't know either. Still, it seems like they're both so popular that even if they could only sell tickets a month in advance, they probably would have sold out just as fast.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »
He said he applied for clearance months ago and was upset that they waited until the last minute to deny it.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
I laughed when I heard this story about "tha Doggfather"!

By the way, there is a HILARIOUS site that translates anything into snoop-language.  It is http://www.gizoogle.com/

You can even type in the address of a website and it will do a translation.  I just had it translate the main page of uk-yankee for some laughs.  Here's what it said:

Whetha you're mov'n ta tha UK or already bustin' in tha UK, there is sum-m sum-m here fo` you.

Anyway, I think I read somewhere that Kate Moss and her bf Pete Doherty was having trouble getting a visa to the USA also.  Dude is a crack and heroin addict.  I feel bad for him, Keith Richards looks younger than he does!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
Gizoogle is a really funny website...thank you so much for posting that! I'm going to send it to some of my friends.

I'm definitely already bustin' in tha UK  ;D  Hehe

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 02:59:35 PM »
Whetha you're mov'n ta tha UK or already bustin' in tha UK, there is sum-m sum-m here fo` you.

I love it!!  That should go on a t-shirt or something [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »
Lets get some shirts done up! Maybe it can have Snoop on it as well.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
I am glad y'all liked that site.  It was too funny to keep to myself.

We should get shirts!

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 04:07:10 PM »
I couldn't resist; I gizoogled msnbc.com.
This is the description of the site...MSNBC.com is a leada in gang bangin' news n original journalism. Stay current wit daily news updates ;D

And here are the headlines..
IN THE NEWS
   3 French nationals reportedly shizzot dead in S. Arabia
   Film's claim of Jesus tizzle stirs furor |Video|Discuss
   Greenspan warns of recession rizzle at end of 2007
   Breath test can detect lung poser researcha say
   DaimlerChrysla eyes GM deal |VW recalls 790K ridez
   Cheney: Al-Qaida mackin' in Pakistan |Fiznirst Read
   Can eBay S-T-to-tha-izzamp racket be licked? |Fight'n fakes
   Tiny Chinese panda cub survives key first days
 INSIDE MSNBC.COM
   Scoop: Madonna wizzon't let b*tch Lourdes date
   Bizzle explodes nizzy Iraqi VP |President Talabani ill
   Newsweek: The rizzy reason fo` Brit drawdown in Iraq
   Personal History: My run-ins, 'diznog days' wit Castro
   Report: Family ties link Sharpton, Thurmond |Video
   Smith's mom files emergency appeal on burial |Video
   Bonds wiznon't cooperate in steroids probe, lawya sez
   Olympic wrestl'n champ survives plane crash |Video

Lol, I could do this all day long!  I wonder what the official White House page would look like :o

Sponsored Links