Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: phew! visa app. off to NYC  (Read 829 times)

• this is dedicated to the one i love
  • Liked: 0
phew! visa app. off to NYC
« on: February 26, 2004, 06:25:25 AM »
Ive just sent in my online fast track fiancee visa application and emptied my bank account until the next pay day.

wow!  what a process!  Its amazing to have this huge binder with SO much information about us and our families.  Its on its way to New York tomorrow and should be there on Friday!!!I think we are sending them much more information than they need, as this binder is heavy, but i figure its better to have too much rather than too little.

An odd thing - I thought the settlement visa application was a VAF2, but it says on the online fasttrack application that i printed out to send with my documents IM2A.   Any ideas?

Im so glad that we got this together and IM so pleased with my obsessively organized binder!  Im almost sad to part with it now, but hopefully Ill be getting it all back very soon!!

And now that annoying waiting game begins....

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: phew! visa app. off to NYC
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 11:16:33 AM »
I think IM2A was the previous form name, but I could be wrong.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 03:29:48 PM »
Y'know I don't wanna throw the proverbial monkey wrench into this but I was under the impression that the form to be filled out for settlement whether spousal or fiancee WAS the VAF2 also, and that the IM2A was for students seeking to study there? The only reason I mention it is because one form (VAF2) is 16 pages long and the other one is considerably less, am I correct?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:32:08 PM by CeltictotheCore »

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 03:49:28 PM »
I do know that the *new* form (the VAF2) is A LOT longer than the form I filled out for my fiancee visa.

VAF1 is for students (12 pages)...VAF2 is for settlement (16 pages) - fiancee or spouse.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:55:19 PM by peedal »

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 03:53:52 PM »
Well maybe that's what it is then, that they've replaced one form with the other.

P.S....is'nt sorting through all the confusion fun! :P
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:56:09 PM by CeltictotheCore »

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 03:55:40 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time the website info isn't exactly up to date!  ;)

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 03:57:05 PM »
Amen to that!

• this is dedicated to the one i love
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 12:53:11 AM »
Has anyone else used the online fasttrack application?
I filled out a copy of the VAF2 by hand, though i noticed that the one i downloaded from the consulate site was from 2003, then did my actual application online and I found there to be fewer questions.
maybe though if you answer 'yes' to some questions, such as about children and such, it triggers other questions that wern't triggered for me.  i dont know!

then when it was all submitted and i printed out a copy to send in with my supporting documents and had a good look it organized the information as IM2A listed above my details, and IM2B listed above his details.  It listed as i ticked the boxes - my sponsor is my fiancee, and it did list it as a 'settlement visa, class D' or something like that.
It also said "1 year", though I had thought it was for two years?

Its their damn online application form so if they goofed it and i have to do something over i will be annoyed, but hopefully it will all go well and i will get my documents and passport back with a nice little visa stamp in it!

Sponsored Links