Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finding Plus Size Clothing  (Read 45373 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Finding Plus Size Clothing
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:53 AM »
I was actually surprised when I went to ASDA for the first time they actually had decent plus size clothing at reasonable prices...actually stuff I would like to wear...I was very suprised.

Sainsbury's also has a relatively new line called "Grace", worth a look if you live nearby.
12/08/09 - Citizenship submitted via NCS
17/08/09 - Payment taken from account
18/09/09 - Citizenship approved, invitation to ceremony, dated 12/09/09
03/11/09 - Citizenship ceremony

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »
Sainsbury's also has a relatively new line called "Grace", worth a look if you live nearby.

REALLY?  This is awesome - I find that their TU clothing is pretty much the closest thing to Target basics, but I'm right at their top end of sizes. :D

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 12:31:47 PM »
I don't know if they are a regional thing, but here in the northeast there are a few "X-Catalogue" stores.  Sometimes most of their stuff is junk, but they do often have plus-size fancy lingerie, plus other miscellaneous clothing, at good prices.  Most of it is the Simply Be brand but there are some other things too on occasion.

I think they are the clearance outlet for a number of mail-order companies, but I forget which ones.
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 04:52:43 AM »
thanks lost librarian I will def have to check out sainsbury's....
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »
Also, torrid.com looks like they have some really cute stuff, and forever 21 just started a new plus sized line called faith21, it looks like they have some nice gear.. I don't know if either of those ship internationally, though.

Faith21 ships to the UK and the shipping prices are pretty reasonable.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
Also, torrid.com looks like they have some really cute stuff, and forever 21 just started a new plus sized line called faith21, it looks like they have some nice gear.. I don't know if either of those ship internationally, though.

Torrid ships internationally too (I checked a while ago), but I'm not sure how reasonable it is, as I'm still in San Diego! I'm sure there's info in the website though...

[EDIT] Ooooh, Evans has rad stuff! And it looks like there's one on Milton Keynes. Score! .
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:18:50 PM by stephoodle »
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Torrid ships internationally too (I checked a while ago), but I'm not sure how reasonable it is, as I'm still in San Diego! I'm sure there's info in the website though...

[EDIT] Ooooh, Evans has rad stuff! And it looks like there's one on Milton Keynes. Score! .

I think Evans has some nice stuff but some of it I don't think is worth what they are charging for it but thats just my opinion.  ;)  ::)  To each there own  ;)  ;D

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 12:14:24 AM »
I think Evans has some nice stuff but some of it I don't think is worth what they are charging for it but thats just my opinion.  ;)  ::)  To each there own  ;)  ;D

I'll see when I get there. ;)

It's just nice to know that there are stores that will sell clothing I actually like in my size.
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:42:55 AM »

Don't get too excited.
In real life, their stuff doesn't look as good as it might do in the catalogue/online.   :-\\\\

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
Don't get too excited.
In real life, their stuff doesn't look as good as it might do in the catalogue/online.   :-\\\\

Yeah, Evans is on a massive 80s revival kick - all giant tunics with elastic banding round the waist, and crap like that.  I swear I would kill for a regular tshirt with no elastic band!

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
Yeah, Evans is on a massive 80s revival kick - all giant tunics with elastic banding round the waist, and crap like that.  I swear I would kill for a regular tshirt with no elastic band!

I've noticed a lot of places are on that kick lately. I suppose it's been 20 years, though. Hell, the 70's came back in the 90s for a while.
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »

I don't really get this at all, I don't think giant tunics with elastic banding are flattering on anyone, and there's WAY too many leggings on Evans, seriously - why?! Leggings are not that flattering unless you have awesome legs (whatever size you are) but if you carry any weight around your middle in a tunic and leggings you just end up looking like a big tomato tent with stick legs, especially if there's an 80s lightning bolt across your chest!

Stephdoodle, Have you checked out newlook? They're a lot like Torrid, cheap and cheerful and some cool designs
http://www.newlook.co.uk/women/inspire/CategoryListLanding.aspx

NEXT has some nice plus size stuff here :
http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/plussizes/1

Dorothy Perkins is my shop of choice, all my jeans come from there, they go up to a UK 22
http://dorothyperkins.com/

Additions direct - South goes up to a 24 and then they have a plus range which goes up to a 32
SOUTH
http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add/navigation/spreadDsbs.do?categoryId=8649026
So Fabulous
http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add/navigation/spreadDsbs.do?categoryId=8649085

• Liked: 19
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
I found Bon Prix's website when I was surfing the other day, and fell in love with a lot of their styles.  http://www.bonprixsecure.com/uk/home.htm 

Their stuff kind of reminds me of Old Navy.  Most of their women's line seems to go up to size 26 at least, and they don't charge extra for plus sizes.  The prices seem quite reasonable, too.

Of course, they only ship to the U.K. mainland, so that's not going to help me. :(

I've also liked a lot of the things I've seen in the Littlewoods catalogue/website, and on Simply Be http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »

High Praise for http://www.elvi.co.uk/

It depends also on where you carry your weight.  I myself carry my weight in my hips and thighs with a Jennifer Lopez size butt  ::), so I need pants that are cut accordingly. My stomach is actually not so big. Elvi sells pants that are tailored to that type of pear shape.
HSMP Granted 19 June 07
Expat to London 16 Aug 07
Move to Newcastle upon Tyne 21 April 08
FLR Granted under new Tier 1 visa 19 June 09

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 03:45:19 AM »
Next and H&M are nice!  This is a great post!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab