Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Al Murray   co Starring  Itsbcoz  (Read 12237 times)

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
  • Liked: 0
Al Murray   co Starring  Itsbcoz
« on: November 03, 2002, 11:31:05 PM »
Haven't really started anything in a while , but ....  I need to share this picture.

Anyone know All Murray? ... he of the Harry Hill sidekick, and then Pub Landlord character...  as portrayed in Time Gentleman Please..  pretty much a  modern day Alf Garnett in my view.

Anyway

Went to a Theatre show at the weekend, and it was Al Murray as the Pub Landlord (queeens Theatre in Hornchurch if you need more info)

anyway

Front row seats, went with two of my friends, and my Southern Sweetheart,  my American Amour,  my beautiful wife  , Pammi (Itsbcoz).

Well,   you may guess the rest, especially if you know of Al Murray.  Female,  American,  Front row  !  Yep, he saw her!  She's a good sport and took it all in her stride, including being made to sing part of the Star Spangled Banner in front of 3000 people,   being given an 'alcopop' by the performer because beer isn't for the  'the ladies' , and the piece de resistance... a stage performance.  Of course when it comes to audience participation,   English comics dont ask for volunteers,  ...they volunteer on your behalf.

I will not spoil it for anyone attending an Al Murray performance in a local theatre soon , but ....

Pam sat on stage, on a bar stool, with an ornamental beer pump handle attached to her head, a PVC apron with the preverbial underwear clad image emblazened on the front, and her arms clasping a packet of frozen french fries ...(thats chips round 'ere), and a raw chicken, both of which she fondled lovingly and licked! ...It's true ,  you ask her!

Like I said ,  it will spoil things if I explain why, but....  it was funny,     and she laughed too!  
God bless Americans...........   UK comic canon fodder though I'm afraid ...  its all in fun!

Posted here because..........not everyone thinks that series was funny!  It's an acquired taste I guess,   maybe its an English thing,  or maybe its just coz I'm odd.  
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• having one of those days...
Re: Al Murray   co Starring  Itsbcoz
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 12:22:08 PM »
pam's a celebrity!!!!! good for you to do all that!

wish we were there to see...sounds hilarious!!

don't know al murray, am not too keen on harry hill, but if he's still on i'll watch to see who al murray is (aka pam's new fan).

why does he pick on americans? because americans are so much fun? :)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 02:27:44 PM »
I was the Vanna White of America...the Carol Vorderman of England...LOL.  Had a great time....lots of laughs.  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 12:03:55 AM »
I remember All Murrey!

I don't think it was a good idea him going to Sky and doing the time gentleman thingy.  Just like with Harry Enfield that was kinda the kiss of death for him.

Let me admit here, that I never liked Harry Hill's stuff at all and I couldn't ever see the how he got his own show.  There have been times when I think he's been funny and I've laughed.  For the most part I was left thinking "er....what the hell was that all about?"  It was just a little too surreal for me.

I do think that All Murrey has more to offer than Harry Hill anyhow

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 03:08:01 PM »
Hi Frank..  welcome in!  ( I'm guessing it's you anyways)

Harry Hill had limited appeal....good as a novelty act but.....  once thats over ,  no mileage.  Al Murray definitely is a better comedian and although the pub series might have not been to everyone's taste,   when it comes to Stand Up and off the cuff impro,  he's one of the good guys.

I love comedy.... my friends and I used to go up to London at least twice a month to the likes of the Meccano Club, Up the Creek, and of course the pre requisite comedy store and jongleurs. As far as entertainment goes, i'd definitely recommend trying out comedy clubs....  £6 to £7 to get in,  cheap beer, and generally a nice bunch of people .  Up the Creek is just over the road from Tammy and Rowley at SE10 actually.  We saw them all come thru the ranks, Eddie Izzard, Frank Skinner, Dave Baddiel, Steve Coogan, Alistair McGowan and loads of others.  Take your spouses for a good night out, and with the cash you save on not going to a west end show, you can buy them a new pair of earrings!

...and , if you didnt know...although the Office has finished,  Alan Partridge is back on.  Not sure how our US partners will take that one !

Steve
« Last Edit: November 11, 2002, 03:13:10 PM by UKSteve »
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 09:59:41 PM »
Pam all I have to say is god bless your little southern bell you!!  I would have been MORTIFIED.  And besides being mortified I probably would not have been a good sport to boot - I would have stressed, had a mental meltdown, then go tell him a few choice words (of course in a funny way...)  It must have been hilarious!!  

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 11:42:17 PM »
it was great   8)  and i loved every moment of it   ;D
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

Sponsored Links