Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Education & Applications & Any Ideas?  (Read 816 times)

• Liked: 0
Education & Applications & Any Ideas?
« on: March 08, 2004, 04:41:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a my first job in the UK and so far I have not been very successful  :( .

I have a couple of questions for you guys.   How did you list your education?  I'm quite confused.  A lot of the positions I'm applying for request A levels and GSCE's and well I just don't have those things.  I am however a highschool grad with some college under my belt.

Also is it normal to be filling out in-depth applications like I've been doing?  To  be quite honest it does not feel very professional to me especially since my handwriting is just plain awful.

Do you guys have any pointers, suggestions, or experiences you can share with me?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 04:42:48 PM by MEFarrelly »

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Education & Applications & Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 09:23:11 PM »
This is exactly what I put on my cv:

High School Diploma – Equivalent to 8 GCSEs including Maths & English and 3 A – Levels including French.
Completed first year of a B.A in Business Management before moving to the UK. Intending to continue degree part time in September 2004.

They never really ask you about your education anyways (at least not in my experience but I'm only a secretary and not someone who really has to have a degree).

And to avoid confusion, don't say you've done some college, call it university as college is different here, it's kind of like tech school.

And I wouldn't worry about filling our your apps by hand but if you're really bothered by it you could always get a typewriter. I'm informed they're only around £50 (but I could be wrong).

Good luck with the job hunting!

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links