Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ask Mr. Nibbles.....?  (Read 12339 times)

Re: Ask Mr. Nibbles.....?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 10:48:32 PM »

It's all the nasty fumes from the cars and the dirt from the street.  You should go spend time in a smaller town or village where your snot will turn clear as it should be  ;D

I see neither Nibbles or Mr. anywhere in your name, therefore I have to ignore your answer as irrelevant, sorry. ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 10:50:47 PM »
Bless you, Peedal. Mr. Nibbles is a fragile flower, and without attention he is likely to shrivel and die.  

But I don't want to get into sooty particulates and mucous membranes. Not every question has an answer, and perhaps that's the greatest lesson of all.  For this thread, at least.

Extremely insightful.....as always

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 02:29:16 PM »
I'm just one man, trying to make a difference.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 12:31:43 AM »
Ok next question Mr. Nibbles...

What is the meaning of life?

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 12:34:45 PM »
A question like this calls for at best a universal answer that changes the very spirit of your existence, and at worst a glib comment that hurts your teeth. (Mr. Nibbles mostly blames Douglas Adams for that.)

I have neither variety of answer to hand. So I must, on this occasion, open up the forum.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 07:24:21 PM »
Ok next question Mr. Nibbles...

What is the meaning of life?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
~Helen Keller

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2004, 12:32:44 AM »
See? It's just fantastically unfunny. And now my teeth hurt. Thanks a bunch  :'(

• Life needs to be worked at.
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2004, 06:38:44 AM »
mmmmmm well i always wondered what came first the chicken or the egg?    have you an answer that stands the test of time????????????
G

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2004, 08:27:53 AM »
I was taught that the egg came first, since dinosaurs had eggs. I can't recall who it was who taught me this so I'm not sure whether to put the answer down as "authority", "conjecture", "suggestion" or "belief".  I shall be most interested to read Mr Nibble's answer.
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2004, 11:34:01 AM »
Graham is correct, well played.

Short answer: the chicken had to come out of an egg, but that egg didn't come out of a chicken.

Unnecessarily long answer:

1. Assuming (for one brief, glorious moment) that we agree on evolution, we accept that that all living things evolve through changes in their DNA.

2. So one day a male not-a-chicken meets a female not-a-chicken; they chat (not online, amazingly!), dance, fall in love, hit a rough patch while they rile each other about how crap the other one's native land is, and then just say to hell with it and toss a coin to decide where they're going to live, go through an expensive and tedious visa application process. And then the sweet love-making begins.  

3. So DNA (cue Jurassic Park segment) from the male not-a-chicken and the female not-a-chicken combine and form the first chicken zygote. That one zygote divided to produce the first true chicken.

4. And it was finger-lickin' good.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2004, 12:08:27 PM »

4. And it was finger-lickin' good.

[smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2004, 04:02:28 PM »
It's long overdue that the next question for Mr. Nibbles is put.  So, my question to you is the age old question.

Do men really smell worse than women do?  And how did you come to your conclusion?

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 09:57:28 PM »

Do men really smell worse than women do?  And how did you come to your conclusion?

Reminds me of the "my dog's got no nose" joke.  [smiley=wideeyed.gif]

I don't know. I've had a think about it, and I just don't know. For me, perfume in an office environment is a bad smell, so in that regard, women smell worse than men. But I also remember the smell of my teenage nephew when he came to visit and didn't shower for five days - a stink no woman would be capable of.

I haven't come to any conclusions, then, on this issue. My wife smells great, of course. And all female UK-Yankee members that I've met have smelled fine. (Although I should make it clear that I haven't been inappropriately sniffing anyone's wife).

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2004, 12:33:39 PM »
(Although I should make it clear that I haven't been inappropriately sniffing anyone's wife).

This is true - all sniffing has been highly appropriate!   ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2004, 11:34:06 PM »

Reminds me of the "my dog's got no nose" joke.  [smiley=wideeyed.gif]

Your dogs got no nose?  How does he smell?

*sits back and waits*

I don't know. I've had a think about it, and I just don't know. For me, perfume in an office environment is a bad smell, so in that regard, women smell worse than men. But I also remember the smell of my teenage nephew when he came to visit and didn't shower for five days - a stink no woman would be capable of.

I haven't come to any conclusions, then, on this issue.

Ah ha, in that case shall we render this to our peers?  - Although we know you yourself Mr. Nibbles have none ;) - And see what they think on the subject?

My wife smells great, of course. And all female UK-Yankee members that I've met have smelled fine. (Although I should make it clear that I haven't been inappropriately sniffing anyone's wife).

Well you can't blame us for thinking it, the way your nose twiches all the time ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab