Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ask Mr. Nibbles.....?  (Read 12340 times)

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
  • Liked: 0
Re: Ask Mr. Nibbles.....?
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2004, 04:41:11 AM »
Mr Nibbles, Sir,

This is not going to be one of those 'my boyfriend wants me to go all the way with him - what should I do' letters.  No -  it is going to be considerably more boring.

How long, exactly, have records of the depth of dingos' dung been kept?
And where?
And why?

My good friend Nefandous and I count the days in eager anticipation of your reply!

Yours utterly sincerely,

Inquisitive of Lewes

Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2004, 09:08:02 AM »
How long, exactly, have records of the depth of dingos' dung been kept?
And where?
And why?

My good friend Nefandous and I count the days in eager anticipation of your reply!

Counting the days? 102, to be strictly accurate. And I fear that both of you have given up waiting for a reply. Alas, despite many hours spent combing the periodicals and brushing the globe, I haven't found the answer to your dingo-related questions.

I shall now wallow in the bitter mud of shame. Which as it happens, doubles as a remarkably efficient face mask.

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2004, 03:35:58 PM »
You're a beacon of light.

I have no questions.
http://www.bokeh.net/home.html

'German chocolate cake frosting was my Waterloo,' sighed the pudgy little corporal while licking cocoa from his mustachios.

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2004, 03:40:47 PM »
Except this one: why, when I go to the Jack Scamp site, can I not click on anything? Is it my Mac? Or is the beginning truly the end?

Thank you for your kind attention.

'German chocolate cake frosting was my Waterloo,' sighed the pudgy little corporal while licking cocoa from his mustachios.

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2004, 05:49:45 PM »
Except this one: why, when I go to the Jack Scamp site, can I not click on anything? Is it my Mac? Or is the beginning truly the end?

You ask a good question. Well played.

Jack Scamp is unclickable. While Jack sits at 36k word-count, it is 100% content-free. But once Jack reaches 60k, content will be added and clickability will be there for all to enjoy.

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2004, 06:14:42 PM »
Also well played.

* It keeps bandwidth charges to a minimum.
* It may be content-free, but the quality-junkie is immediately hooked, and can live on delicious potential for ages, while you're laughing all the way to the bank.
* Saves you valuable time for real-world-type relationships and activities

Perhaps you might consider teasing the connoisseur with a clickable pixel-wide image map leading to the other side of the looking glass. I for one will gladly sacrifice the hour the warden gives me in the prison library wearing out my mousepad on such a treasure hunt.

Good day.

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2004, 01:31:51 PM »
I'm all about reaching out to the socially excluded. Clickable pixels? I believe I have the perfect image! Rest assured, when the necessary work has been completed, I will make a formal announcement.

(Btw, I commend the felicitous use of italics in your post of 6.14pm yesterday - such an underused formatting tool, routinely squashed by the mundane  - and to my mind, quite threatening - upper case. You are a gentleman).

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2004, 01:38:53 PM »
I have attempted to have my Christian name officially changed to italics, in all fonts, and inflected as such when spoken; failure to do so would be punishable by fine in all jurisdictions. So far I have met without success. The law in this area is an ass.

Sam, esq.

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2004, 02:30:36 PM »
Interesting. We used to have a UKY member who officially changed her name to Squirrel. She's called Squirrel on her passport, her drivers licence, even her Nectar card! No mention of how her new name was formatted; I think she was more interested in the nuts.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab