Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31143 times)

• UK Resident
  • Liked: 0
Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
There have been numerous experiences on my part. I guess the earliest thing that I recall is being nearly 9 years old. My sister and I had spent the night at our grandmother and aunt's house, my grandpa had died the year prior.

It was a friday night that we spent the night, and Saturday morning/afternoon, my mom came by to pick us up. As I walked towards the back of the house, I had a strange feeling as I passed through the kitchen. I could see my mom and grandma at the other end of the house, as it was a classic bullet house, and as I turned around, I feared the worst. I knew that I wasn't going to see my grandmother again.

With that freezing and quite paralyzing emotion, I didnt want to go back and say goodbye or give a hug. I just walked down the stairs, waited for my mom and sis, and we went home.

The next Saturday, in the morning, we got the call. My grandmother had passed away in her sleep. My mom said to me some years later, that she kinda felt the same, as my grandma wanted a haircut that last weekend, my mom had given her one, and she really wasnt one to ask for haircuts. My mom thinks that her mom knew she was coming to the end.

Years later, the same thing happened again, but this time, it was with my uncle's dog. His name was Smokey and he was a shitzu. He wasnt really even that old, but as I played with him at my relatives house, I pulled him close to me, and I felt that he wasnt going to live much longer. A week later, he died.

Other stories to follow....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:11:20 PM by StarlitePrism »
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
This one is a bit odd..
I must've been about 17 at the time, I had just layed down in bed when out of no where, it felt like someone was sitting on me, I couldn't move any part of my body except for my eyes, there was a dark shadow coming off my closet door,coming towards me, I was filled with fear and at that moment, I had the overwelming feeling that I was going to die  all I kept thinking was "Im too young to die , I don't want to die" after I thought that, my body jolted up out of bed, I then ran out of the room. I refused to go in there for ages.

After it happened, I felt another presence,this one good. It trying to calm me down,letting me know it was okay now. I think that one was my spirit guide.
As for the other one in the room. I dont know what or who it was,but I hope it never comes back again!

I also have premonitions both when awake and also asleep (in my dreams). Sometimes I like having that gift, other times I hate it!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:31 PM »
I had a similar situation as Ah-loom-in-num. I was visiting my cousin in Idaho and sleeping in the guest room which was in the basement (not a deep and scary one, but a basement nonetheless). That first night I woke up, felt like I was being pinned down, and saw a shadow of someone with what looked like a wide-brim hat hovering on top of me. I didn't feel like I was going to die, but it wasn't a nice feeling either. The next night I had the light and radio on and I didn't sleep a wink. I tried to get the dog to come down there and sleep with me, but I couldn't drag her down the stairs. It was only after I got home that my other cousin told me they think the house is haunted (mainly due to strange things happening in the basement) and when she visits she sleeps on the couch upstairs! Thanks for telling me!

• UK Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
OOhhh!

I can throw in something that corresponds to the shadow story...

Hang on...Ill have to find that entry in my blog...

*a few minutes pass*

Here goes!

One late night, Jassen(my then bf, now hubbie) looked over to where the computer was and he heard a noise which sounded like some kind of really old woman or a creature. nd to his surprise,this creature was half weeping and half cackling.

The figure then floated around the bed, past me, and over to his side. It then bent closer towards him and all of a sudden, it felt as though he had to gasp for air that he was lacking.

After about 3 minutes or so, the figure then backed up and left out of the door. The way the figure moved was as if it was floating and it was a bit like the character Ringraith/Nazgul in LORD OF THE RINGS one of the nine kings.

Funny thing was that Jassen didnt tell me about this until after something similar happened to me....

A few weeks later, I was sleeping but i had a feeling that my eyes were a bit open. I could see the door from where i was laying, so either it was a very lucid dream, or like i said, i had my eyes a bit open while i was dreaming. I was watching the door in the anticipation that something was going to come through it. All of a sudden the door slowly opened and a hooded character, not quite sure if it was a man or a woman, it floated towards my side of the bed. I couldnt quite see its face and it was the scariest and most paralyzing feeling that ive ever had. Kind of like when you have a dream and you try to run but you cant.

The figure then came to my right hand side and bent down and i felt like it had a knife and was going to stab me. I closed my eyes and could still feel its presence. It was just about ready to attack me, i classically woke up.

I felt like i couldnt breathe so i woke up Jassen and told him what i had experienced. He then looked at me wide-eyed and a bit in shock and told me what he had experienced about a month prior.

More than likely, it was a ghost or spirit or evil entity that was in the room and wanted both of us to take notice. Havent heard or saw of it since *knocks on wood*

Similarities were that we were both on the left hand side of the bed when this happened to both of us, we both had issues with breathing, as well as when we felt that strange draft near the wardrobe, so maybe there is some type of negative source of porthole in that area.

Scary.
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• UK Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 11:54:07 PM »
Oh yes...I almost forgot to add...

A few months after this happened, Jassen and I were in the states at the time together. We were watching Unsolved Mysteries at night and one of the episodes pretty much covered the same thing that happened to us...a hag lady that comes to you while you are in bed/asleep. Ill have to wikipedia that one!

Needless to say, it sent shivers down our spines when we saw that episode...

*cue unsolved mysteries music*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:58:03 PM by StarlitePrism »
Aug04-Second UK Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• UK Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 12:04:10 AM »
I found something called Old Hag Syndrome....but there were other factors that played into this occurence that both Jassen and I had... ;)

http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleepparalysis.html
Aug04-Second UK Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• UK Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 12:23:18 AM »
And again....illustrated in art...In one of the pictures, maybe a few, you will see a lady, with a goblin looking creature on her chest(which is an Incubus), and a horse in the background, which represents a NIGHT MARE....

Aug04-Second UK Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 10:27:59 AM »
I know of an exercise you can do with a mirror to help you see your spirit guides. I've never tried it but I'm convinced one day she'll appear without me having to look for her.  ;D

I'd like to know that excercise! can you PM me the details?  Im glad im reading these stories at work and not at home because DH is away for work for a few days.. and i find myself running quickly to the bathroom at night because im scared something is going to jump out at me! haha.

I've had a few experiences with spirits but one of my favourites is when I was about 10 and staying over at my grandmothers house.. i was sleeping in the room that used to be my Great-grandmothers (grandma's mom) and she actually died in there.  I woke up in the middle of the night and the rocking chair next to the bed was rocking back and forth, back and forth quite quickly.  I jumped up and reached for the window behind the chair to close it... but it wasnt open.

I then ran frantically into my grandmas room and jumped in her bed and say 'gram theres a ghost in my room' and told her about the rocking chair.  She just laughed and replied 'ohh, chris, thats just you great grandmother, she doesnt mean any harm... just go back to sleep'.  Oddly enough this brought me comfort to know it was her and i went back into that room and went back to sleep.

My grandmothers tells me stories all the time of how her mom visits her... and she says her moms favourite thing to do is to turn on the washing machine with nothing in it. :o

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43:17 PM »
The weeks following my sisters death I recieved "unknown" calls on my cell phone...which I never receieved before. I finally told my mom and step dad and they also said the same thing happened to them a few times. The day we went to the cemetary to get final touches on everything it came about and I told my dad and he said he also recieved them. For some reason they only had a few...mine were crazy. I haven't recieved any calls like that since we burried her.

Our lights flicker, my bedroom light flickers so much I have to turn it off because it makes me ill. They never used too.

I once was sitting in my bed watching tv and there was a commerical for snoring. I couldn't help but laugh because my sister would always accuse me of snoring...as I was laughing I felt this cold spot on my shoulder. It gave me goosebumps all over.

A few days after she died I dreamt about her...she stood in my dream and we just hugged. It felt so real that I woke up sobbing uncontrollably and fell back to sleep.  I haven't had a dream where she's come to me since...I think it was her way of telling me she was okie.

Oh I have alot more...but I gotta go to work.
Bye

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 12:55:40 AM »
I've not had anything (knowingly) appear before me of the supernatural, ok I take that back.  Once...I'll get to it.

I do feel that I am a very emotional person at times, especially when it comes to boyfriends.  I did not have a boyfriend until my late teens, and that relationship ended badly and needless to say, brought out the worst in me.  It was also around that time that I started to have very vivid dreams in which my maternal grandmother would appear and talk to me, even though at the time she had been gone for six years.

It was funny, she'd always appear as this gold, Oscar-like statue, only she was ambulatory, unlike the statue.   :D

In the dreams, I would consciously talk with her about what was bugging me about my current dating partner.  She would answer, in what I understand is spirit fashion, in one-word sentences or very short, clipped phrases.  When I'd say something particularly unsavory, her favorite thing to reply with was, "a**hole!", which was, when she was alive, her favorite derogatory term for anyone who she wasn't happy with.  More words like that would follow..."that a**hole!  that booger!", and her personal favorite insult, "that turdcart!!"  ;D  But oddly enough, she would never tell me what to do.  No matter what though, when I had those dreams, I would wake up with an overwhelming sense of peace in the morning.

She started appearing in my dreams after I saw a demon-like face in a dark corner of my apartment one night while I was going through my first bad breakup.  What that was, if it was a figment or my imagination or what, I'll not know, but it was an UGLY thing, with three large eyes, three small ones, and an open mouth wanting to say something to me but remained silent.  Plus it was pea-green-fluorescent yellow, a color like I hadn't seen in this world.  I've not seen anything like it since and don't particularly care to again.

Anyway, over the next few years, my grandmother would appear in my dreams from time to time when I was experiencing difficulty in my personal or professional life.  When I would explain the problem to her, she would always tell me, "You know what you need to do."  On one particular occasion, as I was telling her about a crush I had, she gave me that response and soon after, the person and I became a couple.  That relationship was the longest one, and best one, of my life so far.  Sadly though, we are no longer together.

She hasn't appeared in my dreams since, and that's been over six years ago now.  I thought I would experience a dream, something, with regards to the most recent breakup I had, but I have not.  I wonder what that may mean.

I miss talking to her in my dreams, though.  This woman and I were extremely close.

• One day.......
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:34 AM »
Oh yes...I almost forgot to add...

A few months after this happened, Jassen and I were in the states at the time together. We were watching Unsolved Mysteries at night and one of the episodes pretty much covered the same thing that happened to us...a hag lady that comes to you while you are in bed/asleep. Ill have to wikipedia that one!

Needless to say, it sent shivers down our spines when we saw that episode...

*cue unsolved mysteries music*
I've collected ghost and haunting books for years and I remember reading about a hag who comes and sits down next to you on the bed while you're sleeping.  The person wakes up because they feel the pressure of someone sitting down and wake up to see the hag's face right over theirs looking down at them.  That so creeped me out after reading it that I was nervous going to sleep after that for a little while. 

One time I was taking a nap in the afternoon, which I rarely do.  I was home alone and in a deep sleep when I heard the sound of the blinds behind my head parting as if someone had put their hand between them and pushed down, right after that noise I heard someone shout my name which woke me up and then the door bell rang right after.  The weird thing is as I was waking up, it sounded like the blinds were moving back in place like someone took their hand away.  It might have just really been a dream but I've been woken up a few times to someone shouting my name and no one is around.  It's kind of freaky.  :-\\\\

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

• Liked: 3
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 09:20:12 AM »
The weeks following my sisters death I recieved "unknown" calls on my cell phone...which I never receieved before. I finally told my mom and step dad and they also said the same thing happened to them a few times. The day we went to the cemetary to get final touches on everything it came about and I told my dad and he said he also recieved them. For some reason they only had a few...mine were crazy. I haven't recieved any calls like that since we burried her.

Our lights flicker, my bedroom light flickers so much I have to turn it off because it makes me ill. They never used too.

I once was sitting in my bed watching tv and there was a commerical for snoring. I couldn't help but laugh because my sister would always accuse me of snoring...as I was laughing I felt this cold spot on my shoulder. It gave me goosebumps all over.

A few days after she died I dreamt about her...she stood in my dream and we just hugged. It felt so real that I woke up sobbing uncontrollably and fell back to sleep.  I haven't had a dream where she's come to me since...I think it was her way of telling me she was okie.

Oh I have alot more...but I gotta go to work.
Bye

Reeka, do you talk to your sister out loud when things like that happen? If my lights were flickering and I thought it was somehow related to her, I would say, "Yes, I see you're here and I'm glad you are, but can you stop flicking the lights! You're making me feel ill!" Maybe she'll knock it off for a little while at least!

But maybe I'm just crazy like that.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 09:39:30 AM »
Reeka, do you talk to your sister out loud when things like that happen? If my lights were flickering and I thought it was somehow related to her, I would say, "Yes, I see you're here and I'm glad you are, but can you stop flicking the lights! You're making me feel ill!" Maybe she'll knock it off for a little while at least!

But maybe I'm just crazy like that.

It happens so much that I don't even notice if it happens because im talkin too her or thinking about her. When they do start to go crazy I laugh and acknowledge that she's there.

::) She tortured me while she was alive and now she's doing it after. lol what are little sisters for!

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »
0o0o I remembered one just now.

My friends through me a Birthday party this past March. We got like 40 something balloons for around the house, all different colours and sizes. Well I decided to get one that was Black because she loved Black and it was "Brit's Balloon" about half way through the night a few people had pointed out that EVERY single balloon in the house had moved around and made its rounds around the house and mine hadn't moved...it stayed right behind me! I was sitting on the couch most of the night in the same spot. It never moved unless someone wanted to take a picture with it but after they let it go it ended up right behind me again.

It's the little things...

:\\\'(

everytime I remember I'll post about them lol

• UK Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
I've collected ghost and haunting books for years and I remember reading about a hag who comes and sits down next to you on the bed while you're sleeping.  The person wakes up because they feel the pressure of someone sitting down and wake up to see the hag's face right over theirs looking down at them.  That so creeped me out after reading it that I was nervous going to sleep after that for a little while. 

One time I was taking a nap in the afternoon, which I rarely do.  I was home alone and in a deep sleep when I heard the sound of the blinds behind my head parting as if someone had put their hand between them and pushed down, right after that noise I heard someone shout my name which woke me up and then the door bell rang right after.  The weird thing is as I was waking up, it sounded like the blinds were moving back in place like someone took their hand away.  It might have just really been a dream but I've been woken up a few times to someone shouting my name and no one is around.  It's kind of freaky.  :-\\\\

That is pretty creepy about the parting blinds bit! Usually, i think when you hear your name being called....those are your guides wanting you to pay attention to something.

I would say at least a few times a year, I will hear keys dangle at the backdoor of my parents house, sounds like my mom's keys, hear the door open, and I expect my mom to come into the living room or my bedroom, or pass by it...and there is nothing. So, i get up from where im at, go to the backdoor, and then I will see my mom or dad pull up in the car, just arriving home in that instance.

Of course I ask them if they tried to open the door...and they are like...you saw us just pull in...:-/
Aug04-Second UK Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!