Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31113 times)

• UK Resident
  • Liked: 0
Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
And I too, hear people say my name....alot....Usually, it will be when im in the shower, listening to music, etc. and with the combo of being the only one at home....Often its a woman's voice, sounds like my mom....sometimes not. ???
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 12:44:46 PM »
I had a NDE once (near death expierance). I was in the hospital having a serious surgery done. I was put to sleep with gas. Next thing you know I am awake and I see a this white light and a voice calling/singing my name. I heard the doctors getting carried away saying to one another "what did you do!" Next thing I know I felt my body being jolted up.(like my soul re-entering my body)
 When I woke up from the gas I remembered it all.
Now I've had thing type of surgery 3 or 4 times before with gas, and nothing like that has happened and I never dreamt of anything while I was under.
When a doctor came in the room, I told him what I remember and he had a gobsmacked looked on his face and kept denying it all before rushing out the room.

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
I had a NDE once (near death expierance). I was in the hospital having a serious surgery done. I was put to sleep with gas. Next thing you know I am awake and I see a this white light and a voice calling/singing my name. I heard the doctors getting carried away saying to one another "what did you do!" Next thing I know I felt my body being jolted up.(like my soul re-entering my body)
 When I woke up from the gas I remembered it all.
Now I've had thing type of surgery 3 or 4 times before with gas, and nothing like that has happened and I never dreamt of anything while I was under.
When a doctor came in the room, I told him what I remember and he had a gobsmacked looked on his face and kept denying it all before rushing out the room.

Just a side note....An excellent true story book about NDE's is by Dannion Brinkley titled 'Saved By the Light'.  If your interested.. let me know, and i'd even post it to you.  Take care, Chrissy

• UK Resident
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
that does sound interesting...that book....Ill have to look it up!

I kinda have a strange hope in getting a job at a bookstore, since i worked at one for more than a year and a bit....mmmm boooks! ;D
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• One day.......
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 03:40:11 PM »
Usually, i think when you hear your name being called....those are your guides wanting you to pay attention to something.
I never thought of it like that but I like that idea because I do believe in spirit guides.
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

• Midwestern Yank
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »
The whole hag thing reminds me of something my little sister told me once. I was away at college at the time and she was still in high school. She told me that she woke up in the middle of the night to see a "very scary looking old lady with white hair" floating in front of her face--just the lady's head. We still have a bunkbed in our room (our house is small, and my mom had 5 kids) and she was on the top bunk, sat up screaming, and nearly fell out of bed. Next thing she knows, our mom is in the room asking what happened and why she was screaming. She told my mom, and she just told her to go back to sleep--it must have been a dream.

Another thing is something I read a couple of days ago online when I was looking into all this stuff because I was bored. I was just looking for haunted places around where I live in Ohio, and I came across a message board that talked about white noise helping EVPs, or even making it so people hear things like voices or music with just their ears due to the white noise (i.e. hearing someone talking until you turn off a fan).

This reminds me of something I always used to hear when I was little, and sometimes still do when I'm sleeping at home, especially when the ceiling fan is on. I would hear a man, or sometimes woman's, voice, but I could never understand the words...it sounded very much like a news broadcast just in the way the words would flow, so I would just think it was my mom up late watching the news. However, there were a couple of times where it was just getting really annoying to me, so I would crawl out of bed with the intent to go to the living room and ask my mom to turn it down, but when I got to the hallway, I would see that all the lights were off, and so was the tv, and my mom would be in bed asleep. As soon as I would crawl back in bed, it would start up again. Has anyone else ever had that sort of thing?
Dec 7, 2007 - Moved to UK
Feb 15, '11-Citizenship ceremony
March 8, '11-UK passport received

• One day.......
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »
I just always hear things when I'm in the shower, it could be the water.  I've always heard my daughter crying or calling for me, especially when she was younger.  Last night I was home alone and taking a shower when I kept hearing what sounded like my back sliding glass door opening and closing but it was locked when I got out and checked.  Sometimes I think it's just my overactive imagination.  ::)
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »
Very interesting post. When I was younger I was very much a skeptic about these things. But now I've experienced different things myself that would make me believe both Ghosts and Angels.

For the Angels, when I was in college one of my friends was killed in a car wreck. That night about the time it happened I was in bed asleep. Someone came to me and told me everything was going to be okay. I felt like I was half awake and half asleep and I thought I was dreaming and felt a huge sense of peace but also very startled and moved by what happened. I also didn't know why someone was trying to let me know everything would be okay because as far as I knew everything was. Then the next day I got the phone call about my friend.

A few years later I was going through a rough time. Once again whatever came to me as I was half asleep. I was sleeping in a room that had a sky light but the light coming out of it was much more vivid brightness and color than normal and the same peacefulness came over me. a voice once again told me everything would be ok. I can't even remember the exact words because it really freaked me out that I heard this but it was cool at the same time.

I have lived in a haunted house before and it was not fun. I'll have to post later about that. I've also stayed in a haunted hotel room in Italy (this was not one of those things where you purposely book a haunted room- It freaked me OUT)
And my best friends house is haunted. I don't like to sleep over there by myself. More about the hauntings later.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
How about Djinns? Do any of you believe in them? In a lot of cultures they have them

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
And I too, hear people say my name....alot....Usually, it will be when im in the shower, listening to music, etc. and with the combo of being the only one at home....Often its a woman's voice, sounds like my mom....sometimes not. ???
This is very interesting! As a clairvoyant I get my best 'messages' when I'm in the shower. I think it has something to do with the water and vibration.

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »
I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep for a week. But someone mentioned this in the earlier part of the thread.

I don't believe in ghosts but I had a very vivid dream right after my great-grandmother died. This was years ago and I can still remember the dream as if I had it last night. I was at a lake and it was really shallow and clear. All the trees had bright autumn colors. I flew over to the other side of the lake and talked to my great-grandmother. She told me she was alright and not to worry and I'd see her soon. She'd be looking after me and she loved me. I wasn't scared but I felt very comforted.

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »
This is very interesting! As a clairvoyant I get my best 'messages' when I'm in the shower. I think it has something to do with the water and vibration.

this is really interesting.

i've had that, too, where i 'hear' my mom calling me when i'm in the shower. problem is, she's 4,000 miles away. when it happens, i ring her to make sure she's ok & things are alright at home, but there's never any reason for me hearing it.

i always get my best ideas in the shower.
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

• spiti mou spitaki mou
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
Crimany...

Just now I was sitting here reading thru this thread, totally engrossed and getting goosebumps ...and something fell over and crashed in the kitchen.  :o Broad daylight and I nearly came out of my skin.

....and would someone mind checking the kitchen for me???  :-[

• One day.......
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »
That's creepy, Helona!

I've heard and read that water is like a form of energy, like a catalyst, for the 'other side'.  That is why there are so many strange occurrences around water or places built over water.  The other day my daughter was taking a shower, got out during and opened the door yelling "What, mom?".  I hadn't said anything at all.

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 03:38:02 AM »
I agree about the water kdvirgo. I've also read that if you say prayers or intentions in water it intensifies.
Last year when I was in Sedona on a trip with some of my girlfriends, I heard someone sobbing while I was taking a shower. It was weird because I was the only one in the bathroom. I even peaked out of the shower a little freaked out, but I heard it clear as day. Later that night one of my friends who was in the process of getting a divorce went into the bathroom and starting sobbing.. It was her that I had heard. I know that sounds really weird.
I'll come back later and write about my ghost experiences but I'm home alone now and don't want to think about that before I go to bed.

Sponsored Links