Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31135 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »
oh, I wanted to say actually I was the only one in the hotel room...so it's not that she was in the room crying and  that I heard her through the door...My friends were out at the pool. they came back later after I'd finished my shower. I even asked them to be sure no one came in the room because it was so weird..

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 04:02:10 AM »
I've had encounters with ghosts and had other spiritual experiences since as far back as I can remember really. My first really vivid one was when I was 5 and was woken by a light coming from my closet and I looked to see a woman standing there with a bright light coming from behind her and she was signalling with her hand for me to come to her. I told her no and started to cry and then she went. I still remember exactly how she looked.

Because it's happened to me no matter where I've lived, in a way I've gotten used to it, but I lived in one house that was definitely haunted and the things that went on were attached to the house itself and wasn't the same as the other stuff that I've experienced throughout my life. This house had such a heavy, dark, presence that I had friends who wouldn't even enter it. Our bed would shake at night and you would see things...shadows. My cat wouldn't even step on certain spots. He would walk around something that wasn't even there and he would stare at things that weren't there. As you walked up to the house you could feel someone watching you from inside even when no one was home. One night my then 3 year old son and I were asleep in the bed (we were in the house alone) and he started screaming that there was a snake on him. I jumped up and flipped on the light and could see the shape of a snake under the sheet slithering up his body and I jerked the sheet back and there was nothing there. Then he screamed and pointed to the corner of the room and said "What are those people doing in here?" I looked over to see 3 people..a man and 2 women..with very stern faces...almost old timey Quaker looking staring at us and then they just vanished. I could still tell you to this day exactly what they looked like. Weirdly enough I met a guy randomly who used to live in that same house and I started to ask him about the stuff that went on and I started by saying "This might sound kind of weird but..." and he stopped me by asking "You want to know about ghosts and stuff in the house right? Well all I'll say is yes it's there and yes it's real and that's all I'll talk about..I left it behind me and don't even want to think about it again." He then asked had I ever been inside the closet in my son's room. I said funnily enough we'd never used that closet and my son slept in my bed and never in his own room. So I'll never know what was up with that closet but I didn't want to know either. :P

I've had premonitions and dreams of things before they happened...even my best friend's baby dying. His cord wrapped around his neck 10 days before her due date. The thing was in my dream it was my other friend's baby who died and I was trying to get him to breathe but he couldn't breathe and was choking. I could see him clearly and I asked her why he was so dark. Her and her husband are blondes and their daughter is a redhead and this baby had dark hair and his skin was so dark. The dream stayed with me for days and I could still see that baby's face and the mint green outfit he was wearing. Then my other friend went in for an exam and they found that her baby had died. They did a C-section and afterwards I was able to go in and see the baby and there was this perfect, beautiful little dark haired baby boy wearing a mint green outfit and matching hat just like in the dream. His skin was dark of course because of the oxygen having been cut off. But there was no doubt that was the baby from my dream. I have never understood why I have the dreams and when I do they're not always exactly right...like this one it was my other friend's baby in the dream. I'd rather not have the dreams to be honest. And I'd definitely rather not see the ghosts. It gets old to wake up in the nights to someone standing over you looking down at you. lol. Still to this day makes me jump.  every time. 

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:27 PM »
Melissa, I got chills reading your story. I didn't live in the haunted house I lived in very
long. The pets acted strange there too just like your cat stepping around things and one of my friends sons would see things and get very upset just like your son.One night my
roommates were gone and I was the only one there. This was before I "knew" it was haunted but for some reason that night I was a little freaked out and decided to sleep downstairs on the sofa. My dog and the roommates pets all slept around me which was funny because normally they were spread out around the house. I forgot that I'd deadbolted myself inside and in the middle of the night I halfway woke up and saw what I thought was my roommate go upstairs. I remember telling her goodnight and going back to sleep. Before I went back to sleep I heard the shower turn on. Then for some reason I woke back up and had the feeling I needed to pray for protection. I wasn't religious at all back then (actually I'd say I'm spiritual rather than religious) Just saying
that praying wasn't something I did all the time...So I did wake up and pray for protection. Then I went back to sleep. I freaked out the next morning when my roommate was banging on the door asking me to let her in since I'd deadbolted her out.
I told her what happened. We went upstairs and some of her knicknacks in the bathroom
where I heard the shower go on were turned around. The other thing is I was talking a bath in that same bathroom and watched a locked window unlock and raise itself open.
I didn't see what did it. Just seeing the window open scared me enough. My friend's very cynical husband who doesn't believe in any of this kind of stuff saw the water faucet
turn on itself downstairs. The house wasn't too old either. But I'm not sure what it's built on.

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
I wish I'd never read this thread... it's freaking me out, and not in a good way.

Pebbles, help me!?!?  :\\\'(

• UK Resident
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »
Whenever I feel something kinda negative in the vicinity, I just do what my mom always has said to do, and that is to surround yourself with white light. That does help a little.:-/p

Also, apparently I have the habit of doing alot of astral projecting whilst sleeping. A few months ago, my parents said to me that I had been really loud one night walk about .Unaware of what they meant,they then said that they saw me walking about the house, but they knew it wasnt the physical me but my astral body(my family is a bunch of clairvoyant/sensitives)...if that makes sense.
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:50 AM »
i get a lil nervous living in england anyways, but after reading some of yalls post now i know i am LOL kidding, my friends back home always have thought england is really haunted i guess due to the fact its older then america? and maybe the history? anyways great posts...

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:07 PM »
My experience is pretty poor compared to these posts...

The old lady who lived in my flat before me died in the bedroom...a number of times i've been woken with the feeling that someone has sat on the end of my bed, like you can feel the weight of someone...i've heard breathing too. 

One time i woke myself up screaming out loud to please leave me alone because someone was violently pulling at my hair...turns out that i was sleeping on it and everytime i moved it was me pulling it...felt pretty stupid afterwards i can tell you!!!  ;)

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »
This flat had a presence.  That surprised me because it is relatively modern - built in 1993 - but this boy was from the Victorian era.

I tried to ignore it/deny it - I can hear Peebles tutting at me!  ;) - but pretty soon it got so strong even my husband could feel it in one corner of the room.  It was one of the back bedrooms.

Shouldn't have been that surprised, like most places in Edinburgh, the land has been continually occupied for about a thousands years and an old tenement stood where this one does now.  In fact, its sister is just across, with a cornerstone of 1826. 

This was the spirit of a 5-year-old boy, very poor, who died of a respiratory complaint and was trapped.  He was very easy to move on.

It was his mother who came looking for him later on that was more stubborn. ;D

No problems since, however.

Actually, MsPotts, I encountered more 'strange things' in Denver than here - it seems to me that it was easier for stuff to get 'stuck' there than here and even to be more malicious in nature, despite it being so recent.

In particular, there are three addresses I could rattle off that you couldn't pay me ANY amount of money to live in. 

One of them, I knew something was very wrong with, but the guy just laughed it off.  This was a colleague's boyfriend.  A more happy-go-lucky bloke you couldn't find.  They'd been together for 4 years.  But within 4 months of moving into this place, he was sunk into a horrendous depression.  The flat had been a murder scene, and this he knew when he took it over.  The landlord hadn't even bothered to remove the mattress the young woman died on or the bouquets of flowers her friends had left - they were all dried out when we got there to move him in.

He attempted suicide.  Fortunately, he was found and made a full recovery and wisely moved out and married my colleague - they now have two sons :D.  But all he would ever say about that place is, 'They shouldn't rent that apartment out.'
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:49:49 PM by expat_in_scotland »

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
I have always believed in the possibility of ghosts or spirits, but I had never encountered anything myself until I was 18. My grandfather had a heart attack and slipped into a coma when I was home for Christmas break. My mom and sister and I flew out to be with him before he died as it was apparent that he would not come out of the coma. When he was finally taken off life support, he continued to breathe on his own for a day or two, even though he was basically brain dead, so they transferred him from the hospital to a hospice center. One morning, around 5:00, I heard a woman's voice say to me, "He's between worlds now." It was clear as day, as if someone was speaking directly into my ear. A few minutes later my mom came into the room to tell my sister and me that my grandfather had died. I don't know whose voice told me so, but I will never forget it.

About a year or so later, I was driving back to my dorm room after dropping a friend off at her apartment. I had been going through a pretty major depression at the time, which kind of started around the time my grandfather died the year before (not that I was depressed soley because of his death, but it was sort of the tipping point for me). As I drove home, I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, as if in comfort. It rested there for a moment and disappeared. Then, as I got into bed (I had a single room at the time), I felt an indentation in the mattress, as if someone was lying next to me. I was both freaked out and comforted at the same time. Since then, I have never experienced anything like this, but I am convinced it was not just in my imagination.

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2007, 01:44:24 AM »
hi, in my religion there are jinns and they also worship god and do the things we do as humans... not sure about other religions... ;)

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2007, 01:48:48 AM »
wow expat in scotland i will remember never to go back to denver! LOL.... :)

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
wow expat in scotland i will remember never to go back to denver! LOL.... :)

It's a bizarre place in that it's not that old, but it's a hotbed of 'paranormal' activity.

PLENTY of it.  Far more than I ever encountered here.

• One day.......
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 03:04:21 AM »
i get a lil nervous living in england anyways, but after reading some of yalls post now i know i am LOL kidding, my friends back home always have thought england is really haunted i guess due to the fact its older then america? and maybe the history? anyways great posts...
I watch and read a lot of true stories about haunted places so I can tell you that England IS the most haunted place in the world.   ;D
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »
hey kdvirgo , thats is not a good thing for a big chicken like myself :P  my mom, is coming over for christmas break, good thing too im ready for southern food, but anyways she is into this kinda things, so she was asking me the other day do they have tours, i didnt know u can go on a haunted tour, other then during halloween...;)

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »
mspotts, what are jinns?

all of this stuff fascinates me (and in some cases terrifies me)
I was watching Lisa Williams on TV a couple of nights ago before I went to bed and I was so jumpy for the rest of the night.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab