Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31133 times)

Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »
mspotts, what are jinns?

all of this stuff fascinates me (and in some cases terrifies me)
I was watching Lisa Williams on TV a couple of nights ago before I went to bed and I was so jumpy for the rest of the night.

to make it simple, jinns are like genies. But its not a "make 3wishes type of thing". and poof he pops out of something.
 Basically, spirits/gods whatnot can be placed into things like jelewry and they can make the owner, unlimitd wishes because the jinn has to grant x amount to be able to get free. The spirits are made out of things like smoke and etc. so if the vessel aka "home" gets wet, it is destroyed.   

edited to add: the wishes cant be like "i want a million pounds" and poof it appears infront of you.
its more of things like well-being and hope and things like that
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:03:00 PM by Ah-Loom-In-Num »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2007, 12:42:14 AM »
hi, in our religion, we cant see them but like i was saying there are good and bad ones, some our muslim some not, it depends, some try to hurt u, they can come inside your body, they also can be in our homes, like if we want to have sex, we say bismallah, they will go away, also they like dirty places, like trash bins, and bathrooms, we dont talk whilst in the toilet, there are other things as well... some ppl swear they have a jinn inside them.... i dont know that much to be honest but im sure if u google jinn u maybe find better details:) there are some ppl also , it as something to do about a mirror, i cant remember but they think they reflect of something i dont want to tell u anything wrong so i need to ask a lil more.. ;) but they can  move things, and such, cut off lights, etc...

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2007, 01:02:59 AM »
I bought a necklace thats supposly inhabited by a jinn. Its said this jinn (muslim) is good and  has no ill intent and the holder of the jinn shouldnt use any ill intent as well. I got it off a "witch"

Havent really noticed anything odd or strange about my atmosphere since I bought it. TBH I haven't really used it at all

• UK Resident
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
it's kinda funny that in most religions and such, it all boils down to one thing...

"energy, chi"...etc.....and how you handle it!

I believe there is good and bad energy. I am also sensitive (uberly) of my surroundings so much that if there is a wiff of negative, it depresses me if i dont have protection....
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »
For anyone who is interested I started a paranormal group at www.cafemom.com/group/spookymums   we're only about 55 members strong but it's a pretty interesting group. I would love for someone to go on there and explain about Jinns!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
hi, there is no way a jinn can live in our religion like that, im mulim. they can see us but we dont see them,  to my knowledge they cant live in a bottle or anything of the sort.

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
I loved reading the stories in this thread. I personally have never seen a "ghost" first hand but I have experienced some strange things and seen some strange things.

Once, in a graveyard when the sun was setting it was a bit dark but not completely dark. A friend took a picture of me in the graveyard at Old Salem in Winston Salem NC. I was standing in front of one of the older mausaliums(sp?), it was made of marble with a door that had a glass window. I was so creeped out to be there in the first place and didn't feel comfortable standing there with my back to it. My friend snapped the picture and I promptly suggested we get the hell out of there. Once the film was developed we saw that there was something on the other side of the glass. It could have been from the flash but damn it looked a bit too human in shape.

My grandmother and my best friend died when I was 16. I spent a lot of time with her, spending weeks at a time at her house. When I was 14 she moved my great-grandfather in because he had alzheimers/demesia and couldn't care for himself. By the time I was 15 he passed away. While he was there I helped her care for him. He had no idea who I was but it didn't stop me from helping him(and her) as much as I could. I would sing to him and read to him when I wasn't helping with other things. He thought my grandmother was his wife a few times which I remember my grandmother getting annoyed with, it wasn't until I witnessed a pinch on her butt that I realized why. When he passed away it effected her more than I think she thought it would. By the time he passed she more than myself had been completely worn out by caring for him. He got mean and violent toward the end and I thought she would be relieved that he'd passed on. But she was sad about it. I usually slept on the couch because I didn't want to get crushed by her huge dog in the night but it wasn't long after he died that I stopped sleeping there. I would hear him call from the end of the hall(which was behind the couch) and hear him shuffle up the hallway. Sometimes while I watched tv late at night the channels would change on their own(when he was alive he always hated whatever we watched and would change them if we went to the bathroom or kitchen.

While I "lived" with her we didn't talk to each other. I didn't realize it until my mom mentioned it. She thought we were angry with each other. It was a suprise to me because I thought we were. When I mentioned it to my grandmother she said that we don't use our voices to talk to each other and it might get the wrong attention if seen by others. When she passed on I was there holding her hand and she squeezed it a moment before she was gone.

After the fact I started having the dream. There's an old house, vines are all on the outside, swallowing the ground and house. It's scary out there so I immediately go inside. Inside it's all red carpet and mahogany. There are secret passages and rooms gallore. I explore the house and each room holds someone I love that I've lost. She's always there and when I find her we pick up right where we left off. I still smell her and I can taste the food she makes me and I can feel her hugs and it lasts me all the next day once I've woken up. It's how I visit her now.

I mentioned this to my mother and sister and they both said that they have the same dream(altho not as often as I do). I also found out that my aunt and a couple of my cousins(both female) have also had the dream and that my grandmother had the dream quite frequently. My mother said that Grandmommie had the dream first and nearly every night and the rest of us have had the dream because of her.

It's weird and maybe we're all fruitcases but it's all I have to bring her back to me.
"Nevermore" - The Raven

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
Oh Rvnscarlet, that's so interesting that you all have been having the same dream.
I was just reading something earlier on lucid dreaming..I wonder if that is what that is?

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:47 PM »
All of my experiences have been positive, my grandpa & my older brother has crossed. Feel free to send me a pm, & I'll go into further details. Take care.

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
Oh Rvnscarlet, that's so interesting that you all have been having the same dream.
I was just reading something earlier on lucid dreaming..I wonder if that is what that is?

I'm not sure what it is. I do know that the longer my grandmother has been gone the less often I have the dream. I'm worried that I will eventually stop having it. I just looked back over my post and realized how long it is, kudos to you for reading the whole thing. lol
"Nevermore" - The Raven

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »
actually Rvnscarlet I'm glad you revived this thread...this stuff is so interesting to me.
I doubt you'll stop having the dream..have you consciously thought about having it before you go to sleep to see if it helps you dream about it?

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2007, 11:32:39 PM »
 :)

Actually I have and it doesn't work, for any dreams.

Usually the company that I keep is what causes my dreams. For example, my younger brother who I've just cherished since his birth lives about an hour and a half from me. In the past couple of weeks he's made two trips to see us, once for a wedding and once for a long weekend. Each time I got to spend time with him which I never get to do. One night over this last weekend I had a dream that he and I were walking through a forest together, the trees were very close together and made it look almost cave-like. We followed the creek to find a stone by a cave and we sat by it to get a look at what was engraved on it. I scooped up water to wet the stone to see it better while John emptied his backpack. You have to understand that John is a clean freak and he never would have brought so much stuff and never would have strewn it all over the place like he did. But there he was making a mess. All of a sudden I heard a growl and at the mouth of the cave stood a brown bear looking pretty damn pissed off at us sitting on his door step. I told John we'd better get a move on and he slowely...maticulously...packed his things again. Eventually I ran and left him but then I realized what I did and went back for him and told him to forget his junk and dragged him away. Then I woke up sweating and shaking. (That was longer than I meant)

Anyway, I do seem to dream about people when I either see them a lot or need them a lot. So I think that may be what keeps my grandmother visiting my dreams because there are so many times that I wish she were here to tell me what to do. Especially now that my mom is slipping into nutterville.
"Nevermore" - The Raven

• UK Resident
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »
*pumps life back into the thread*

I really enjoyed this thread when it was going...any new ghosty/spirity things going on at all?
Aug02-First and foremost, friends on ColdplayMB
Jun04-Jul04 First UK Trip
Aug04-Second UK Trip
Oct04-Jassen's 1st US Trip(Technically 2nd, due to Disney World back when he was 5!):-p
Dec04-May05 Third UK Trip(on Bunac)
May05-June05-Jassen's 2nd US trip
June05-Oct05-My 4th UK Trip
Dec05-Jan06-Jassen's 3rd US Trip
Feb06-Aug06- My 5th UK Trip
Sep06-Oct06-Jassen's 4th US Trip
Dec06-Jan07-Jassen's 5th US Trip
Feb07-Apr07-My 6th UK Trip
May07-Jun07-My 7th UK Trip
Jun07-Jul07-Jassen's 6th US Trip
07-07-07 Got MARRIED!!
Jul07-Moved to UK!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
I guess I had one of those "crisis apparitions" when my father died.  He was in his 80's and had been in a nursing home for several years with Parkinson's.  He'd gone into a decline and was not responsive the last time I visited him, so we were expecting it.  I was living back in their house to help out my mum.  I remember waking up and half sitting up in bed.  Across the room I saw my "father" or a white shape that I knew to be him.  I had the feeling that he was checking up on me and my mother, making sure we were OK.  The next morning they notified us that he had passed away.
The really odd thing is that just recently I was telling this incident to my neighbor (I'm still living in my parent's house) and she said OMG, she had "seen" him out in our back yard the day he'd died. She said it was like he was walking around checking up on his beloved vegetable garden and he waved to her.  I know it's weird but I also find it very reassuring. 
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:54 AM »
I guess I had one of those "crisis apparitions" when my father died.  He was in his 80's and had been in a nursing home for several years with Parkinson's.  He'd gone into a decline and was not responsive the last time I visited him, so we were expecting it.  I was living back in their house to help out my mum.  I remember waking up and half sitting up in bed.  Across the room I saw my "father" or a white shape that I knew to be him.  I had the feeling that he was checking up on me and my mother, making sure we were OK.  The next morning they notified us that he had passed away.
The really odd thing is that just recently I was telling this incident to my neighbor (I'm still living in my parent's house) and she said OMG, she had "seen" him out in our back yard the day he'd died. She said it was like he was walking around checking up on his beloved vegetable garden and he waved to her.  I know it's weird but I also find it very reassuring. 

Wow, I had a similar thing happen to me... The day that my grandfather died, I woke up (at the exact time I later learned that he died) and I just knew that he had passed away. I felt like he was there with me.... I went back to sleep and when I woke up my father told me that Papa had died, and I just said "i know." It was such a bizarre incident that I can't even explain it...

My husband's father has a Paranormal investigations group too... So I've been on a few investigations. ;D I have good stories from that too... I'll try to keep this thread goin. ;)
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

Sponsored Links